This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Tornado GR1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HUD not right?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triplemurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HUD not right?
    Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 11:01pm
While spanking it around (or at least trying to) the welsh hills on a preliminary test flight, I have noticed that the HUD seems to be out of line in some way. What I mean is that the 0 degree (level attitude) line seems to result in a rapid dive, to maintain height I am having to hold the nose up (probably leveling off the aircraft) at around 5 degrees up angle.
On a side note it could be more of a case that the little flight path vector symbol is actually not playing ball the way it should. My understanding was that the little plane shaped symbol that moves around represents where the aircraft will end up if no alterations are made. This suggests that the one in this aircraft is broken in some way as you can fly into the ground with wings level while keeping the PVS above both the actual and virtual horizons.
I do hope all these preliminary bugs can be fixed soon.

I am uninstalling the "quickfix" update as it seems to have made my FPS worse, not better, and I can no longer see the wings or engine intakes from the VC.
odourboy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odourboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2015 at 4:47am
+1 on the HUD. Level flight requires about 5 degrees up. Put the 'plane' icon on the end of the runway when coming in for a landing and hit the dirt well ahead of it. Ouch
Blaunarwal View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaunarwal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2015 at 7:43am
I couldn't find the course in the hud either. There must be one in NAV mode.
Henk Schuitemaker View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henk Schuitemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2015 at 9:11am
The flight path marker is on the bug list with status "being fixed"; the azimuth steering bug has been reported as a bug by the beta testers.
triplemurray View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triplemurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2015 at 12:35pm
I have every faith in the JF guys to fix the problems with this bird. But I fear there are too many small issues that may be missed.
I have not been able to spend too much time testing due to CTD errors, but here are a few other bugs I have found so far;

#Nav lights switch (steady/flash) seems non functional, mine only ever flash.
#Landing/taxi lights do not illuminate the ground in any way
#Nav lights floating in thin air behind the wings and also being present at the wing tips?
#Crash to desktop if I choose the aircraft and then load up FSX (no crash if I switch aircraft when already loaded in)

I am sure I will find more errors as time goes on but for now I will list any I find in here before submitting a final support ticket. (seems pointless and counterproductive to bombard those poor chaps with multiple single issue tickets)
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triplemurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2015 at 12:36pm
#Head movement (trackir) does not increase the size of the HUD display. It seems to stay at a constant distance from the view point and only becomes clear and readable if I zoom in. I move in for a closer look and it runs away from me?
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triplemurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2015 at 12:43pm
Ahh, good to know. Where is this "bug list" you speak of? I could do with seeing it so I don't waste anyone's time bringing up things that are already being dealt with.
Henk Schuitemaker View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Henk Schuitemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2015 at 1:24pm
triplemurray, the bug list is currently restricted to beta testers, what I can tell you is:

- The nav lights flash/steady issue is on the bug list with status "Being Fixed".
- The landing/taxi lights ground illumination/light splash sofar was not considered a bug but was added on the feature request list.
- I cannot reproduce the floating nav lights issue, on the exterior spot view they look OK. Or do you mean the ones you see when looking over your shoulder from within the VC? With the hot fix, the VC model was stripped so you cannot see the intakes/wings anymore but the nav lights are still there.

Obviously you should continue to report what you see as bugs to JF customer service; after all this is just a discussion forum.
dunno View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2015 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Henk Schuitemaker Henk Schuitemaker wrote:

- I cannot reproduce the floating nav lights issue, on the exterior spot view they look OK. Or do you mean the ones you see when looking over your shoulder from within the VC?
I don't have the hotfix installed as it doesn't work with P3Dv2 but if you turn on the Instrument Integral lights the OBST. lights appear in the 67 degree wing position.
Airtrooper View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airtrooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2015 at 4:50pm
On the subject of the HUD, the information is viewable outside the area of the HUD in P3D. I can only conclude that either 1) the design wasn't properly adapted for P3D, yet it is sold as P3D compatible; and/or 2) it wasn't Beta tested in P3D, as this surely would have been really obvious.

When can a fix be expected?

Many thanks
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2015 at 10:22am
Hi all

We are currently working hard to resolve the performance issue but all issues that have been reported to us will be addressed soon. 

If you haven't already done so, please make sure to report the issue(s) to the customer service team by submitting a ticket. That will allow us to ensure that all reports are properly logged and addressed.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
HOTZONER View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HOTZONER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2015 at 11:53am
Originally posted by triplemurray triplemurray wrote:

I have every faith in the JF guys to fix the problems with this bird. But I fear there are too many small issues that may be missed.
I have not been able to spend too much time testing due to CTD errors, but here are a few other bugs I have found so far;

#Nav lights switch (steady/flash) seems non functional, mine only ever flash.
#Landing/taxi lights do not illuminate the ground in any way
#Nav lights floating in thin air behind the wings and also being present at the wing tips?
#Crash to desktop if I choose the aircraft and then load up FSX (no crash if I switch aircraft when already loaded in)

I am sure I will find more errors as time goes on but for now I will list any I find in here before submitting a final support ticket. (seems pointless and counterproductive to bombard those poor chaps with multiple single issue tickets)

To help with the navlights "floating" at the point where they would be when wings are fully swept aft, goto your aircraft.cfg file, locate the [Lights] section, and strip light 15 + 16 and save the aircraft.cfg. That eliminates the floating navlights.
HotelZulu
swimeye View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swimeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2015 at 12:32pm
Hello!

I have also experienced the nav lights issue where I have nav lights in midair at the position of where the wingtips are when they are swept back to maxiumum sweep position. I also tried to disable the nav lights in the cfg file by removing #15 and #16 as suggested by triplemurray but the result from doing that also makes the lights disappear when the wings are swept to that position.

What cures the problem for me is to load the flight that came with the Tornado. That makes me think that many problems that I had, (the nav lights, hud not positioned correctly and the aircraft pulling left) is caused by my personal default flight?
HOTZONER View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOTZONER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2015 at 1:10pm
Hmm, I am not seeing the navlights disappear when the wings are in the swept back position after removing the lights 15+16. I have noticed that the wingtip navlights, temporarily shut off during the actual transitioning of the wings themselves, but then resume on completion of the movement (I assume those navlights are a part of the model itself and not just light positioning)but I did need to press the default "L" key off and on again to have the lights show correctly.
Good job the backup aircraft.cfg is there to repaste the lights back into the cfg file if needed though. (quicker than a JF GR1 reinstall ;)
HotelZulu
Dondy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dondy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 9:18am
Hi there!

First post here for me so let me say first that I'm more than happy that finally some very taleneted people are programming a Tornado for FSX and P3D and I have no doubt that it will get better and better in time Thumbs Up

Just one small thing with the HUD that I also would like to be adressed:

The Flight Path Maker is now also moving left and right within the elevation bars. This is not present on the real HUD as one can see here starting at around 2:22 min: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj4TNFLFSP8

Thanks for all your effort and I'm really looking forward to your SP1 Cool
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triplemurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 2:56pm
I have submitted another support ticket in relation to the HUD. Overall I feel that the HUD has been left as a last minute throw in, that has been done better so many times before and seems particularly hard to read and still seems overall inaccurate. I fly from the VC, the HUD is the focal point for most relevant flight information needed at any one time. I spend 75% of my time while flying fast jets looking through the HUD and getting information I need from it. PLEASE make this a priority to make the HUD clear and functional.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic