This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Tornado GR1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tornado GR1 framerate issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gixxuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tornado GR1 framerate issue
    Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 3:58pm
Hey guys,

i've got a massive framerate issue when i load the GR1. I can fly the PMDG with a constant framerate of about 30fps. But when i load the Tornado with the same settings the fps drop down to 5-max 10. Is anybody else having this problem? I think this can't be normal because the canberra is running so smooth. I was really excited about the release but at the moment it's unplayable for me. Cry

Greetings
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 12:21pm
You can now download Tornado SP 4.1 - http://www.justflight.com/support/tornado-gr1/d4bc508

During testing we saw anywhere from a 25-45% increase in FPS with SP 4.1 installed (compared to SP3) depending on factors such as PC configuration and the number/complexity of other add-ons installed (scenery, AI traffic etc).

The support page lists the fixes/features included in the service pack. 

As usual, we will continue to address any issues that are reported and will look to further improve performance where possible.
gjharrall View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gjharrall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 4:56pm
Same issue here.  Max 16 FPS in VC.

Complete stutter fest and not at all happy with the pre-purchase. Should have known better.
gjharrall View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gjharrall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 4:57pm
Will add that my PC is 4.6 ghz 2600k with a GTX 770 and 8GB of RAM.

Hulmelad View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hulmelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 5:17pm
I am afraid you can count me in on this as well, I am getting FRPS at 4 to 8 in the VC front and back, if I go outside I get about 10 to 12 frames...

Strangely if I stay outside and re-load the aircraft I then get 28 to 35 frames but as soon as i enter the VC they drop back to 4 to 8, after the VC the outside frames drop back to 10 to 12.

Unfortunately this has rendered what looks a fantastic model unusable Cry  
Steve M View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 5:30pm
Me too,

I've waited a long time for this one and bitterly disappointed. Intel i7 3770k running at 4.5 ghz, GTX970 4gb graphics and 8 gig of RAM. Lovely model but the same low frame rate issue as above.

Steve M
RemcovanR View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RemcovanR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 5:31pm
So, count me in as well... In my case FSX crashes even before it has fully made the startup of the GR1. It comes up to 86% and then... CRASH. "My computer has ran out of memory".

For a fact I've recently reinstalled my pc, so this wouldn't happen. This is the fourth time in a row that JF products have failed me. Still, I'm pretty sure the support team will solve these issues. After all, we've invested in this product so JF could make a perfect GR1
Regards, Remco
Hulmelad View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hulmelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 5:47pm
I have looked at the manual on page 97 and put into place the VC frame rate fix by clicking no back seat and the 1024 textures but I am sad to say that it has made little if any improvement Cry
miragecy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miragecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 5:57pm
I have a frame rate issue as well... The only aircraft in my hangar in which FPS drop below 30 and I  have almost every high quality payware aircraft... Fantastic aircraft though, very realistically and very high quality made... I'm sure the team will solve this issue!

Andy
RemcovanR View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RemcovanR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 6:13pm
So, like Hulmelad, changed the framerate by choosing 1024 textures (standard) and kicked the backseat out. Now it does run, but with huge framerate issues. JF, please respond to this discussion
Regards, Remco
miragecy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miragecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 6:21pm
Guys, are you able to raise the landing gear? I cannot Confused

Andy
Hulmelad View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hulmelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 6:39pm
I can confirm that the gear works for me 😊 I have been flying it quite well from the outside,not ideal I know but if I stay away from the VC my frames around default scenery is 30+, using F5 through F8 to work the flaps and wing sweep
gjharrall View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gjharrall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 6:58pm
Removing the back seat cockpit option has done nothing for FPS on my setup. The textures were already set at 1024 on my installation.

This release was clearly not ready for prime time as these FPS issues are so obvious. Its not even close to usable in its current form.

Lets be upfront here.....this is not a 'cheap' priced addon and it should not be this plagued with performance issues on its 1st day of release.

The savings on the pre-pay suckered me into this purchase along with my love of the Tornado. Heart ruled head clearly on hitting the 'buy' button unfortunately.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 7:03pm
http://www.justflight.com/support

Hi chaps, have any of you asked for support. That's the eay to go.

gjharrall View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gjharrall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by MartinW MartinW wrote:

Yep, ticket already submitted.
RemcovanR View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RemcovanR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 7:15pm
Yes, made a ticket about two hours ago. JF office hours... So response will be tomorrow. But forum helps to understand the issues better
Regards, Remco
neilintheus View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilintheus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 7:38pm
Same issue here. However when I choose front cockpit only, which to be honest I shouldn't need to do, the rear cockpit still seems to be there.

Re-loaded the Canberra demo file to see if that had issues, and no 25-30 fps without a problem :(

Maybe I'll get a refund and buy the Canberra as I should have done months ago.
Hulmelad View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hulmelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by MartinW MartinW wrote:

Hi I will indeed be doing, I thought I would try to get to grip with the problem fully so I can make reasonable description of the issues I am having, please do not think any of my previous posts are in anger, I owe Justflight and the developer the courtesy of making sure that nothing is wrong with my FSX/PC set up before going for support, it looks like the problem is with the VC for me at least,even at UK2000/Orbx and Aerosoft airfields I am getting 30+ frames providing I go outside the aircraft and then reload
whiskylima View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whiskylima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 8:07pm
I have just had a quick flight around the Mach loop in the Tornado. I am using Prepar3d v2.5 on an i7 4900k and an nvidia 970gtx with 16 GB of ram. The scenery is Horizon Generation X and while I am getting between 16 - 22 fps, the aircraft is very flyable with only a slight stutter evident. Not as smooth as the Canberra or some other aircraft, but nevertheless I do not think it is as bad as has been suggested.
neilintheus View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilintheus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 8:14pm
I have only have an i5 and lower spec NVidia card to play with. For me it is as bad as is been made out. 9fps in the cockpit is bad.

Please respect what people are saying. We're not lacking in intelligence or else we wouldn't be politely asking for help.

Btw I have submitted a ticket.
Pip B View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pip B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 8:25pm
Hi, ticket submitted, frame rate 8.0 to 8.5 does not appear to change much with reducing the scenery detail or removing the back seat option. I fear that while my system runs the Majestic  Q400 ,Aerosofts A320 and the Canbera at usable FPS, unless a miracle occurs,my system is not going to get to a usable FPS .
Hoping for a miracle Smile

P3D v 2.5 current version
Latest Nvidia Drivers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
  Share Topic