This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Tornado GR1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tornado GR1 framerate issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Golding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 11:22am
Originally posted by snave snave wrote:

@captain vodka: I presume English isn't your first language? 

I say this because your posts make no sense to me. 

EVERY developer you've quoted in your rant has actually released product that has not been optimised at release, continues to be optimised after release, and not only `would of` ( I think you mean `would have`- this is an English forum and we're not all from Essex, innit) they actually have done so. One - Milviz - only recently shared a P38L not fps-optimised at release. 

Oh, the irony.

Perhaps when you pick your grammar with more care, you might also extend that to your analogies..? 

This is a sophisticated addon that needs a sophisticated midset to its purchase, use and tolerance of ongoing development. If one is temperamentally unsuited to the challenge, one should avail oneself of a refund and get the hell out the way of the smart people - the ones who realise that `purchase` is embarkation, not destination...

Eloquent as ever Simon, though as an Essex lad, I think it's fair to point out that "would of" is most likely the poor spelling (by someone from outside Essex) of the grammatically correct "would've". It's bad enough that we don't speak properly, without suggesting we can't write the Queens English as well

As for a purchase being an embarkation, not a destination.....brilliant
neilintheus View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilintheus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 12:03pm
It's all getting a bit heated. I know its frustrating to be denied ones new toy in this way, but a little perspective would be really helpful right now.

For us its frustrating. For JF, they actually have peoples incomes riding on this working. They have far more to lose than we have and although I'm miffed, I'm not going to start a process of vilification against a bunch of people I've never met and who are the only people out there wanting to create high quality British jets. Do you think there are millions of people out there like us lining up to buy these addons?

So lets swallow down the frustration and give them a chance. Nobody here is going to lose anything, but the installation time.
miragecy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miragecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by neilintheus neilintheus wrote:

It's all getting a bit heated. I know its frustrating to be denied ones new toy in this way, but a little perspective would be really helpful right now.

For us its frustrating. For JF, they actually have peoples incomes riding on this working. They have far more to lose than we have and although I'm miffed, I'm not going to start a process of vilification against a bunch of people I've never met and who are the only people out there wanting to create high quality British jets. Do you think there are millions of people out there like us lining up to buy these addons?

So lets swallow down the frustration and give them a chance. Nobody here is going to lose anything, but the installation time.

I fully agree, lets give them a chance guys, I know they are talented people and their products are very high quality.

Andy
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 1:48pm
Regarding the ground handling / landing:

This is deliberately difficult. As has been commented, until the lift dumping is engaged if you are a touch too hard touching down you will bounce. One of the many videos I used as reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epgorQfRY9w

1m10s onwards, there are two distinct touchdowns before the lift-dumping is engaged, and that is on a relatively smooth landing!

Speeds are also critical - use of the flap above recommended speeds will result in ballooning (note also the flap retraction speed table for take-off), and approach speed should be 140kts + 4kts for every 1000kg above 14000kg AUW. Exceed these speeds and it will float.

You may also note vibration when taxying at higher speeds / taking off - this is also from cockpit footage, the vibration should begin to take effect over about 30kts (so above normal taxy speeds) and begin to dissipate slightly above 100kts as the wings begin producing enough lift to take the weight of the airframe.

You may also note that the Tornado will taxy at idle thrust settings. This again is accurate, comment from a Tornado pilot on the testing team: "It will taxy at idle thrust at all but the heaviest weights, even then you only need a small nudge on the throttle to get moving and then back to idle. You generally allow it to get up to about 28kts in a straight line before bringing it back to about 18 using the brakes"

I hope that may help a little,
Paul.
miragecy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miragecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 1:57pm
Is the flight path marker working properly for you guys?

Andy
Henk Schuitemaker View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henk Schuitemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by miragecy miragecy wrote:

Andy

Not yet, it is being fixed.
miragecy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miragecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by Henk Schuitemaker Henk Schuitemaker wrote:

Originally posted by miragecy miragecy wrote:

Andy

Not yet, it is being fixed.

Ok thanks, I thought I was missing something

Andy
captain vodka View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captain vodka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 5:09pm
SNAVE  

"`purchase` is embarkation, not destination…"

a ha'   I new I had heard it before. . .

"Success is a journey, not a destination"- Arthur Ashe.

At least be original !  That's what the smart people doLOL

anyway moving on. . . 
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 5:44pm
Chaps.....

This is a friendly forum. Lets refrain from winding each other by making fun of grammar etc.

If we all calm down and be nice to each other, it will give me a nice warm glow and all will be well with the world.

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 9:46pm
Hi all

A performance hotfix is now available: http://www.justflight.com/support/tornado-gr1/e252580

We will be uploading a slightly updated version of it later this evening (GMT), so I would probably suggest downloading this tomorrow morning.

As explained in the hotfix text this is not a 'proper' service pack but a hotfix which should hopefully improve performance whilst we continue to look into the issue.

Thanks
Martyn - JF
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Steve M View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 10:19pm
Thanks for your efforts so far. Keep up the good work.

Steve M
Pip B View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pip B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 10:57pm
Hi, put the hot fix in tonight, turned off all the vc panels and the FPS has gone up to 15FPS yay!! good stuff
TRF porpoises less, flight control easier etc, outside views fsp appear a bit lower but so what!!Smile

Thankyou
dunno View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 12:45am
The hotfix causes a CTD on my system...
Rebo View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 1:06am
I also get a CTD in P3DV2 when I want to start a flight.
Pip B View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pip B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 5:26am
Hi, just started a flight again, no CTD, but I was not getting any out of memory errors either....?

P3D 2.5 latest version
Latest Nvidia Drivers
P3D installed on seperate SSD
Pip B View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pip B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 6:06am
Now P3D hangs if I try to look at the Manual oh dear.......
PVI_Eagle View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PVI_Eagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 9:01am
the hotfix causes transparent textures ...

Hulmelad View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hulmelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 9:06am
Good morning,

I have put in the hot fix and turned off (unchecked) all the VC gauges and I am pleased to say my FRPS have now improved going up to 15 to 18.

I can now put this bad boy through some low level training 😉

Thank for the hot fix, hopefully when you release the full service patch I will see this excellent model as you intended it to be.

Hulmelad
RemcovanR View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RemcovanR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 10:10am
Hotfix did solve some of the issues, but only with basic VC and with REX switched off. Stiil, after 30 seconds of flying FSX crashes telling me my pc ran out of memory... So, now I'll wait for the official patch, hoping this will solve the issues. If not, than this JF product is no for me to enjoy.
Regards, Remco
dunno View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 5:36pm
Is this already the updated hotfix or will it be released this evening?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
  Share Topic