This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Tornado GR1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tornado GR1 framerate issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fox18e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 11:54pm
Same here , terrible frame rates, unusable.
Moving forward, I don't know about this "pre-paid" thing.
captain vodka View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captain vodka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 11:56pm
6-8 fps !!!   Absolutely ridiculous!

JF must of known about the ridiculously low fps on this model prior to release. Im running and overclocked i7 at 4.5ghz. I get 30fps constant with carenado's Phenom on orbx Scenery on Max. That model is known to be a frame hugger but nothing like this!

I would really like to know the test rates that this model achieved during beta phase and on what machine?

and out of memory everytime! WTF

Some honesty Just Flight!

seriously annoyed!

back to the drawing board children!

Fox18e View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fox18e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 12:51am
To be clear, I did not pre-pay for the Tornado after disappointments around other FSX pre paid products. You wonder where pre-paid dollars go. Guess it's only implied they go toward a "finished" product at release. Hope there's a fix that makes this product usable.
Paul Golding View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Golding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 1:48am
Give JF a chance to look into the issue.  I've been using the release candidate beta in MS-FSX again this evening, and am quite happily flying around ORBX Scotland with real weather and am rarely getting the fps below 30 (set to unlimited).  And that's on a 2 year old PC.

I haven't had a chance to try the release version yet.

It's obvious that something is wrong for some people, but comments like "This release was clearly not ready for prime time as these FPS issues are so obvious." aren't deserved at all.  If there was an obvious issue with the release candidate, the beta testers would've said.

Also, I suggest that when posting in the forum or submitting a ticket, everyone is very specific about the model, airport, load configuration etc.  Beta testers can then see what's being reported and try and replicate it; helps with finding a cause of the problem.
BBCM View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBCM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 3:08am
No, something is definitely wrong: 10 fps in the pit and mid teens fps outside. And this with my I5-2500K and EVGA GTX 770 SC. 

But two other beta testers over at SOH, both also still running the RC, reported no particular FPS problem whatsoever, and one of them had a system almost identical to mine.

This makes me think that in the rush to get the plane out, something wasn't packed correctly in the release installer. 

Oh well, even in its present low fps state, the plane is certainly addictive to play with, and has the promise of being a classic once fixed. 

Hopefully this will get sorted out soon.

Thanks - Rob
PVI_Eagle View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PVI_Eagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 6:03am
Terrible frame rate , i NOT recommend the purchase of this plane , until a dedicated patch....
Steve M View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 6:42am
Support ticket submitted, hopefully the issues can be resolved. Far too many for it to be a problem with an individual system

Steve M
neilintheus View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilintheus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 7:18am
Outside of this forum I'm keeping quiet. The Tornado launch is a big deal for JF, that much is obvious and I am assuming when this is fixed the final version will be an awesome plane deserving of significant praise.

If JF get this sorted asap, then we can all move on and start doing what I intend to do, fulfilling the dream of flying the first plane I built using an Airfix kit (albeit virtual).
Blaunarwal View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaunarwal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 8:05am
Hi all

I also can confirm, stutters are back in P3D2. I can fly well most of time. From time to time the sim has more load and I get some stutters (still less than in FSX). I can imagine, this aircraft is not good for use in FSX in heavy scenery. It seems to be a very complex simulation and I expected it to be very demanding. So I don't cry. 

What I also found on my first flight with ASSTA3, landing is difficult, since the ground effect seems to be too strong. The aircraft will not touch ground for long time and jump in the air again and again after touching ground. So the flight model needs some work too. 

Overall the aircraft looks awesome.

Also we know since years, that we're beeing abused as free beta testers. Wink I hope my bought will fund further improvments of this wonderful aircraft.

Dan

My specs.

i7 3770K 3.5GHz OC to 4.5GHz, 16 GB, DDR3-1600, Asus Sabertooth Z77, LGA1155, PCI-E 3.0, SATA II 2x1TB Western Digital Caviar Black, 7200rpm, 64MB, SATA III 1x500GB 1x 1TB SAMSUNG SSDs, Asus GTX-770 DirectCU II 2GB GDDR5, Win7/64 SP1
miragecy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miragecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 8:19am
Hi Dan, I don't think the flight model needs work, just pay attention to your speed and angle of attack... 

Andy
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilintheus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 8:24am
As I understand it (as someone completely unqualified in such matters) the Tornado is a bugger to get down and that's why it has the lift dump feature. Did you enable this with the throttle rocker?
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilintheus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 8:27am
Dan this might give you some insight into the business of landing a Tornado

https://assets.digital.cabinet-office.gov.uk/media/5422eb7f40f0b6134200007f/Tornado_GR4A__ZA_371_06-09.pdf
Blaunarwal View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaunarwal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 8:55am
Thanks for the hints on landing the Tornado. I will give a try this evening at home. At the moment, I have to sit in the office.

Dan
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 9:11am
Originally posted by RemcovanR RemcovanR wrote:

Yes, made a ticket about two hours ago. JF office hours... So response will be tomorrow. But forum helps to understand the issues better

Yep, feel free to post here.

Just wanted to make sure you guys with issues were following the proper protocol.

Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captain vodka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 10:26am
"Just wanted to make sure you guys with issues were following the proper protocol."

I think the correct protocol would of been for JF to release this where it is usable and enjoyable.
Frame rates are significantly an issue which would of been known prior to any release. 

Lets be frank and honest here and stop this skirting round the issue 

The issues are JF have pulled the wool over peoples eyes and those people are quite rightly both perplexed and annoyed that this software could be released in this state!

Ok that is solvable and pretty obvious the routes to deconstruct and create something that is both usable and enjoyable. But time ?

yes I can use my JF GR1 but at 8fps!. . . 

Out of memory issue. This is where the complacency of JF real does come to the surface though and is truly unacceptable as a product as a commercial venture. To have that as an issue at release is the kick in the nuts!

Now please don't cover up and make excuses for JF with. .oh but every rig is different , people CPUs and GFX cards are so many variables..  .etc . That one doesn't wash!

Of course if your using kit which isn't up to the task you have no excuse but with a 4.5i7 rig sole use for running fsx. Tweaked with all the bells and whistles.  .8fps. . ?

so here we are , disgruntled and somewhat shaking our heads  . . .again.

Simply work to be done by JF but the question you may ask . . A2A, Razbam, Milviz. . would they of released in this state. . ?

Tickets aren't required. Whats required is JF to have integrity at a business level with their customers.

Ive said my piece.Angry
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 10:31am
Hi all

UPDATE (29/06/15)

Hi all

We are currently working on an update which we believe will address the performance issues without removing any functionality from the aircraft. This update should be available later this week.

If you are encountering a CTD in P3Dv2 after installing the performance hotfix, please download this replacement panel.cfg file and move it into your Tornado GR1 panel folder (P3Dv2\SimObjects\Airplanes\JF_TornadoGR1\panel), overwriting the existing file: http://cdn.mastertronic.com/justflight/support/updates/TornadoGR1/panel.cfg

Thanks
Martyn

Original post:

As pointed out by Martin, if you haven't already done so please submit a ticket to the customer service team. We can then get in contact with you all directly to collect the information that we need.

This is obviously a very detailed aircraft and with all the optimisation in the world it will be more demanding on your system than our other aircraft (Canberra, L-1011 Tristar etc). However thoroughout the lengthy testing process we have worked hard to improve performance and that work will continue until we/you are satisfied. Any information that you can provide to the customer service team will help enormously with that task.

It looks like the option to remove the rear cockpit position is currently not working correctly and we will be fixing that shortly. 

If you are suffering poor FPS and would prefer an exchange or refund rather than waiting for us to work through this issue, please let the customer service team know and they'll be happy to organise that for you.

Just a quick reminder, you are welcome to discuss issues with the aircraft here but as stated this is not a support forum and we can't guarantee to read every post, so always remember to submit a support ticket. That allows us to properly log the issue and guarantee a response to everyone.

Thanks for your patience
Martyn - JF
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captain vodka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 10:35am
Thank you Martyn for your post

"If you are suffering poor FPS and would prefer an exchange or refund rather than waiting for us to work through this issue, please let the customer service team know and they'll be happy to organise that for you."

I think anyone would admit thats a pretty damning admission less than 24hours after release?

Anyway good luck
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 10:44am
Not at all, we have always openly offered an exchange or full refund to any customer that is unsatisfied with a product, whether that be as a result of a bug or just a dislike of a particular feature etc. 

I appreciate your frustration and the honest feedback in your earlier post but we are not, and never have, attempted to 'pull the wool' over our customer's eyes. We have always worked very hard to maintain our reputation as having some of the best customer service in the 'industry' and will do our best to resolve any issues that our customers are having.

Please contact the customer service team and they will arrange your refund: http://www.justflight.com/support-contact

Thanks
Martyn - JF

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 10:56am
@captain vodka: I presume English isn't your first language? 

I say this because your posts make no sense to me. 

EVERY developer you've quoted in your rant has actually released product that has not been optimised at release, continues to be optimised after release, and not only `would of` ( I think you mean `would have`- this is an English forum and we're not all from Essex, innit) they actually have done so. One - Milviz - only recently shared a P38L not fps-optimised at release. 

Oh, the irony.

Perhaps when you pick your grammar with more care, you might also extend that to your analogies..? 

This is a sophisticated addon that needs a sophisticated midset to its purchase, use and tolerance of ongoing development. If one is temperamentally unsuited to the challenge, one should avail oneself of a refund and get the hell out the way of the smart people - the ones who realise that `purchase` is embarkation, not destination...
RemcovanR View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RemcovanR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 11:07am
Hi there, by now JF Support is in full afterburner mode to solve the issues as mentioned in the tickets. My ticket is being followed up as we speak. I've sent JF Support a Diagnosys file which will help them to get a clear understanding of the issues concerning this major release. I've had these issues before (4 times this year) and all have been solved with te help and understanding of the JF Support team. So, knowing that JF is more than willing to solve all issues, I'm waiting for the solution that solves the issues I'm having with this release. Please, sent them a ticjet if you want your issues solved. Otherwise JF won't be able to help you.
Regards, Remco
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
  Share Topic