This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Tornado GR1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tornado GR1 framerate issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mauri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2016 at 8:33pm
how can I darken the mirrors that are not true? Perhaps gain a few frames...
sthenion View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sthenion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2016 at 2:42pm
I have had the Tornado since the initial release and have voiced my disappointment since the release. Ive moved from P3D v2 and am now on P3D v3.2 which is great and getting better. I cant/wont use the Tornado. Cripples my system. I have over 30 high quality aircraft addons and I don't have this problem with other aircraft, including the PMDG 737. Exception...I also have issues with the Eurofighter (Just Flight), but its better than the Tornado. Would gladly buy another Just Flight product as the graphics, systems and flight models are generally excellent, but will be hesitant to buy new releases from Just Flight again until community feedback thoroughly vets the product performance. Wish I could un-ring this bell and get my money back.
SimUK View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 9:17am
Have you got the latest version of the software installed? See http://www.justflight.com/support/tornado-gr1/d4bc508 for details, as that should have fixed all known framerate issues a long time ago.

You can also find more details about improving performance at http://www.justflight.com/support/tornado-gr1/ecf2653 which details how to use the settings tool.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 3:16pm
As discussed elsewhere in the forum, we are aiming to release a new update in the coming weeks which will further improve performance when using the Tornado.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
leejf40 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leejf40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 6:28pm
Thanks for the update

Lee Fitzwater
kevinh View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2016 at 11:09am
Hi Martyn,

Good news. I couldn't find where this forthcoming update was mentioned. Will the update fix other reported issues such as:

Radio altitude hold oscillations (also affects terrain following mode)
Back seat moving map orientation errors

Cheers

Kevin
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 12:21pm
You can now download Tornado SP 4.1 - http://www.justflight.com/support/tornado-gr1/d4bc508

During testing we saw anywhere from a 25-45% increase in FPS with SP 4.1 installed (compared to SP3) depending on factors such as PC configuration and the number/complexity of other add-ons installed (scenery, AI traffic etc).

The support page lists the fixes/features included in the service pack. 

As usual, we will continue to address any issues that are reported and will look to further improve performance where possible.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
bigfatron View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigfatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 7:09pm
Are there any more updates likely to be forthcoming?  Enabling the back seat still has a big hit, disabling it then means the loadout/fueling screen is lost. Forget about firing up stuff like TFR or the map.  Even with only front seat and reduced textures then the performance is at times well down in-cockpit on what I would consider other comparable 'study' modern military add-ons (I have the Superbug, Milviz Phantom and Aerosoft F14 amongst others and all run at higher and more consistent framerates).
leejf40 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leejf40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 11:28pm
Indeed, after sp4 I noticed a minor increase, 2-3fps but the overall fps is terrible. 

My spec:  still bad FPS, Please JF sort this issue out, its such a gorgeous model and the addon itself i think is well worth the money.

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
AMD A4/A6/A8/A10 99 °C
Trinity 32nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 672MHz (9-9-10-24)
Motherboard
Hewlett-Packard 216C (Socket FT1) 50 °C
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)
768MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7620G + HD 8670M Dual Graphics (HP) 48 °C
2048MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 8670M (HP) 48 °C
CrossFire Enabled
Storage
931GB Hitachi HGST HTS541010A9E680 SATA Disk Device (SATA) 32 °C
14GB SDHC Card (SCSI)
Optical Drives
hp DVD A DU8A5SH SATA CdRom Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio
Lee Fitzwater
bigfatron View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigfatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2016 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by leejf40 leejf40 wrote:

Indeed, after sp4 I noticed a minor increase, 2-3fps but the overall fps is terrible. 

My spec:  still bad FPS, Please JF sort this issue out, its such a gorgeous model and the addon itself i think is well worth the money.

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
AMD A4/A6/A8/A10 99 °C
Trinity 32nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 672MHz (9-9-10-24)
Motherboard
Hewlett-Packard 216C (Socket FT1) 50 °C
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)
768MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7620G + HD 8670M Dual Graphics (HP) 48 °C
2048MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 8670M (HP) 48 °C
CrossFire Enabled
Storage
931GB Hitachi HGST HTS541010A9E680 SATA Disk Device (SATA) 32 °C
14GB SDHC Card (SCSI)
Optical Drives
hp DVD A DU8A5SH SATA CdRom Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

I'm running an i5 clocked to 3.8GHz and an Nvidia 1070. As I mentioned, the other comparable jets I own are bouncing around or hitting the 30fps limit with that.
kevinh View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2016 at 10:33am
I don't have the Hornet installed at the moment but I do have the Phantom and while that runs very well it certainly isn't a study sim. Half the systems aren't simulated. The GR1 includes a fairly complete BITE simulation. It's much deeper and most systems are simulated. So it isn't fair to expect comparable frame rates. You wouldn't expect all airliner sims to run at the same rate.

There are still problems with the GR1 though. Terrain following still doesn't work. The back seat isn't worth using. The radar map isn't aligned properly. The nav screens are totally unlike the real thing and completely unusable for navigation. You can use the load out selection screens from the front seat. So you may as well save frames and disable the rear cockpit.

Kevin
bigfatron View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigfatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2016 at 11:26am
Originally posted by kevinh kevinh wrote:

I don't have the Hornet installed at the moment but I do have the Phantom and while that runs very well it certainly isn't a study sim. Half the systems aren't simulated. The GR1 includes a fairly complete BITE simulation. It's much deeper and most systems are simulated. So it isn't fair to expect comparable frame rates. You wouldn't expect all airliner sims to run at the same rate.

There are still problems with the GR1 though. Terrain following still doesn't work. The back seat isn't worth using. The radar map isn't aligned properly. The nav screens are totally unlike the real thing and completely unusable for navigation. You can use the load out selection screens from the front seat. So you may as well save frames and disable the rear cockpit.

Kevin

How do you do the loadout screens from the front seat?  I could only find mention of the back seat screens being used in the manual.

As for the Superbug, that I would say that's a fair comparison in terms of complexity. The radar and most the avionics work, it similarly implements BIT,  even the weapons are active (even on the non-Tacpack version).

TFR on the Tornado i've had to leave off as it knocks the frame rate down into the teens even when just the option is enabled in config, never mind actually have it active.  Haven't even tried switching on the moving map.
kevinh View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2016 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by bigfatron bigfatron wrote:

How do you do the loadout screens from the front seat?  I could only find mention of the back seat screens being used in the manual.

As for the Superbug, that I would say that's a fair comparison in terms of complexity. The radar and most the avionics work, it similarly implements BIT,  even the weapons are active (even on the non-Tacpack version).

TFR on the Tornado i've had to leave off as it knocks the frame rate down into the teens even when just the option is enabled in config, never mind actually have it active.  Haven't even tried switching on the moving map.
You use the FSX Views/Instrument Panel menu and select Left_TV or Right_TV.

When I had the VRS F-18 installed it didn't run well on my system, maybe I should try it again now I have FSX-SE and a better graphics card. I find the GR1 runs at a similar rate to my PMDG sims so it's acceptable for me. The last update made a big difference. I find the GR1 runs well. Not as good fps as the Phantom, but there's a lot less to that sim system wise.

I usually have TFR switched on by default. The problem is the terrain following mode of the AP. It isn't stable and often flies you into the ground. The front seat radar works fine and doesn't seem to be a big drain on resources for me. However if I enable the rear cockpit fps suffers noticeably.

Kevin
bigfatron View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigfatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2016 at 10:43am
Originally posted by kevinh kevinh wrote:

Originally posted by bigfatron bigfatron wrote:

You use the FSX Views/Instrument Panel menu and select Left_TV or Right_TV.

When I had the VRS F-18 installed it didn't run well on my system, maybe I should try it again now I have FSX-SE and a better graphics card. I find the GR1 runs at a similar rate to my PMDG sims so it's acceptable for me. The last update made a big difference. I find the GR1 runs well. Not as good fps as the Phantom, but there's a lot less to that sim system wise.

I usually have TFR switched on by default. The problem is the terrain following mode of the AP. It isn't stable and often flies you into the ground. The front seat radar works fine and doesn't seem to be a big drain on resources for me. However if I enable the rear cockpit fps suffers noticeably.

Kevin

Cheers, didn't realise there was a 2D panel for the rear screens.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
  Share Topic