This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Tornado GR1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tornado GR1 framerate issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadRobbie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2015 at 12:23am
Thanks for the detailed explanation on that Paul - a response like that helps to illustrate the (oft un-thought of or rather all too easily forgotten) wider complexities of creating a craft such as this..i.e. there is no one single generic platform build PC.

I don't want JF to 'fail' - I've invested a fair few quid in JF products and other titles they've helped produce/distribute over the years (like many others in this forum)...some really great, while others have turned out less than spectacular if I'm honest.
I'd hate to see the Tornado fall into the latter category as I love the PR9 they've done.

Its clear the frustration is on all sides of the fences.

Cheers
Rob
captain vodka View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captain vodka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 2:53pm
I'll await in hope. . Though as for JF products going forward no thank you. JF simply have to prove themselves here in my eyes. I hope they do!

Note that the GR1 Tonka isn't in the 'demo download / try before' you buy section.
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 2:59pm
We are currently testing out some revised models. Hopefully an update is close now. 
Christopher Low View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christopher Low Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 9:24am
It would be nice to see a demo version, but I understand that it may be too complex an aircraft for that. On a side note, I was surprised to discover that the Tornado has thrust reversers!
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 5:14pm
It will go into the demo section eventually. With pretty much all the products available as demos though they don't appear until the major development and updating process has finished. 
Airtrooper View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airtrooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 4:52pm
Many thanks for your reply Paul.

Originally posted by Delta558 Delta558 wrote:

At no point from early testing to release candidates did frame rates crop up as a concern, I can't remember it even being discussed

Now, THAT statement rings alarm bells with me... very big ones... more like klaxons!

A project (e.g. Tornado) which doesn't throw up any issues relating to a particular aspect (e.g. frame rates) during Beta phase, including release candidates, but then the majority of customers end up with issues with this aspect, then there would seem to be a big spanner in the works (for spanner see wrench, for all US colleagues). If I were a Project Manager I'd be all over this like a rash. Find the spanner, then re-release. Either that or suffer a declining reputation and sales to follow.
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 7:29pm
I think what was meant by that is there were no framerate issues during the development/beta process. It was only right at the end when everything came online that one person reported problems with the fps. 
cornish123 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cornish123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Rich Rich wrote:

It will go into the demo section eventually. With pretty much all the products available as demos though they don't appear until the major development and updating process has finished. 

Should that not also be true of the initial release for paying customers? Starting to grow weary of the lack of any official communication on matters and will now sadly start to look at a refund as the product does not work for me and at this rate I would think the TacPack addition is nothing short of a hope.

Hopefully matters will come true before the end of the year.

Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 1:23pm
I'm not sure what other communication we can give you? The situation is still that we are working on an update and still that it will be released shortly. Hopefully it will be going out to the beta team for a once-over today and then available early next week. 
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Airtrooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Rich Rich wrote:

Hopefully it will be going out to the beta team for a once-over today and then available early next week. 

I pray that JF are fully aware of just how much is riding on this

High stakes
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christopher Low Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 8:40pm
Quote A project (e.g. Tornado) which doesn't throw up any issues relating to a particular aspect (e.g. frame rates) during Beta phase, including release candidates, but then the majority of customers end up with issues

Are you sure about the "majority" part of your statement?

Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airtrooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by Christopher Low Christopher Low wrote:

Are you sure about the "majority" part of your statement?

Fair point, I can't be sure, so I retract the use of "majority".
kevinh View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by Airtrooper Airtrooper wrote:

I pray that JF are fully aware of just how much is riding on this

High stakes

Seriously? What is riding on this? What high stakes?
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 8:31pm
Hi all, 
I think we are going to hold the full service pack release back a few days whilst we look into a couple of issues that we still want to put some time into. We'll keep you posted. 
triplemurray View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triplemurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 10:43pm
Any news on the HUD (flight path vector) issues that were on the "to do list"?
gingerterry1 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gingerterry1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 12:37am
hi there, is anyone else having problems with this under win 10?
I can only get internal view with the original release?
the external view consists of two guys sat in front of two exhausts, no aircraft. that is unless I have the stealth version?

regards.
gingerterry1 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gingerterry1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 12:38am
should have added that I have tried the service packs as well.

flaviossa View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flaviossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 12:55pm
Don´t know if it has something to do, but is the FPS work on the Tornado will make VAS usage more normal? I just got the Tornado and i can´t fly more than 30 seconds in a vanilla FSX airport before it gives me a warning that i don´t have memory and kill it.

My specs:
i7 4960x at 3.6Ghz
32Gb ram
2x GTX980 SLI
1tb SSD for FS

I used the JF_TornadoGR1_SP1_Installer.exe installer.
Don´t have by now any "hidden" parameter in the fsx.cfg too.

sthenion View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sthenion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2015 at 3:55am
I just got P3D v3 and installed Tornado SP3. Unfortunately for me the Tornado is fps/graphic/cpu intensive . I get much smoother flight with the PMDG 737. Im not tracking my actual fps, just looking for smooth flight. Love P3D v3. Definitely an improvement for me over v2 with every one of my add-ons so far, but not with the Tornado. I have minimized all of the cfg settings, set framerate to 30, other P3D settings low to medium and it is still not flyable. Disappointed...
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christopher Low Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2015 at 9:12am
Have you tried setting the framerate limiter to "Unlimited"? This can make a significant difference if you are experiencing low framerates.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
  Share Topic