This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F27 Friendship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

F27 Startup flames effect?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p51d1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: F27 Startup flames effect?
    Posted: 24 Jun 2015 at 12:59pm
Hi there,

I have been watching a few F27 videos lately and also remember from the days I was younger.
At start up one can witness some flames coming from the exhaust outlet.
So my question obviously is, would it be possible to add such an effect during the start up phase?

I guess some would probably not consider it to be a big WOW factor add-on. But I figured it would look awesome from my perspective. Just a thought?
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2015 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by p51d1 p51d1 wrote:

Hi there,

I have been watching a few F27 videos lately and also remember from the days I was younger.
At start up one can witness some flames coming from the exhaust outlet.
So my question obviously is, would it be possible to add such an effect during the start up phase?

I guess some would probably not consider it to be a big WOW factor add-on. But I figured it would look awesome from my perspective. Just a thought?

I have seen this on a video and enquired but was told by those in the know that this was not a normal start and was probably a "hot start" (burning fuel in the jet pipe, not supposed to happen) so we decided against including this effect.
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
p51d1 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p51d1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2015 at 1:13pm
Oh I see, I always thought it was standard :-) But I understand completely and interesting to know that too. Thanks again Scotty for the speedy reply and assistance.

Kind regards

Mark
ianroussel View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianroussel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 1:33am
The RR Dart usually did give a puff of blue flame. One had to spin the turbines upto 25% then inject fuel, instead of the normal 20%, this gave a blue flash. This was because the Dart was a first generation Turboprop, and therefore not very efficient. The flame was especially noticeable at night, and yes the flame was larger during a cold start.
Another problem with the Dart was one had to monitor the prop torque as it could easily over speed and then a high risk of fire fire
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic