This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F27 Friendship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

F-27 GPS?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: F-27 GPS?
    Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 2:08am
Is there any chance of a GPS popup in future?

Anthin
Anthin Delahunt
Crankpin View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crankpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 3:32am
There are plenty of options right now, just Google 'FSX GPS Addon'. And yes F27's still flying today would have one, I on the other hand am stuck in the 60's with my F27 and am continuing to rely on VOR/DME nav, yes like one hand tied behind my back. But it does add to the excitement LOL
Anthin View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 4:12am
Many thanks Crankpin.Appreciate the info.

Anthin.Clap
Anthin Delahunt
Tobus View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tobus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 8:43am
Fly it like it's supposed to. And you can always splice in a default gps window or use a 3rd party addon like Plan-G.
Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2015 at 9:16am
Just copy the info from another planes panel into the F27, it literally takes 30 seconds.
I did it with the carenado GPS and avidyne which shows traffic and terrain warnings.

In fact I do that to all my planes.
Bart Reurts View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bart Reurts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2015 at 4:37pm
No need to copy gauges ???
Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2015 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by Bart Reurts Bart Reurts wrote:

No need to copy gauges ???
No, just copy the two relevant parts. The window=xx part at the top and the corresponding bit below it.
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2015 at 8:35pm
A longtime ago a made a little program that will automatically add the GPS unit to any aircraft you. 
GPSANYWHERE

Run it as Admin and it should do what you need. 
Anthin View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2015 at 12:19am
Rich.You are a genius.Your program works perfectly.
Thank you so much.It is really appreciated.You should be selling
this as payware.

Once again,thank you.

Anthin.Clap
Anthin Delahunt
oldJ3pilot View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldJ3pilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2015 at 1:32pm
We do become a bit "spoiled" with the ease and convenience provided by a GPS. But I have to cast my vote with Crankpin: the F-27 is a perfect plane out of the 50's and I am keeping mine that way. Even the autopilot is dated and operates rather crudely by modern standards. That's what I like about it.....nostalgia at its best.
We were flying out of Anchorage in '59-'60 and ILS wasn't even available. All approaches into Elmendorf were GCA . Autopilots were used mostly to let the pilots have their little naps.
Oddly though, I never saw a real F-27.
Absolutely no thrill like flying.....Until the engine stops
p51d1 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p51d1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2015 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by oldJ3pilot oldJ3pilot wrote:

We do become a bit "spoiled" with the ease and convenience provided by a GPS. But I have to cast my vote with Crankpin: the F-27 is a perfect plane out of the 50's and I am keeping mine that way. Even the autopilot is dated and operates rather crudely by modern standards. That's what I like about it.....nostalgia at its best.
We were flying out of Anchorage in '59-'60 and ILS wasn't even available. All approaches into Elmendorf were GCA . Autopilots were used mostly to let the pilots have their little naps.
Oddly though, I never saw a real F-27.

I feel the same. In FS9 I enjoyed my time flying the IFly 737. But since I went over to FSX, I decided to stick to the good old basics, VOR, NDB IFR flying. And as you pointed out, the autopilot is also dated and I had to perform a few circuits to get use to the autopilot again, and now im up and away.
Also have Milviz's B737-200 add-on, which is also pretty close the same. No fancy FMC computers to punch in the route etc. Flying VOR to VOR and using NDB's and VOR for approach and landing.
These type of aircraft are old...but still school masters in the sky. Puts the fun back into flying.
Bart Reurts View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bart Reurts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2015 at 8:17pm
I agree , we are to spoiled with to manny brainles tools .
Lets train ourselfs to start thinking for ourselfs , and fly ourselfs .Shocked
Tuppy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 12:49pm
Good to see I'm not alone.  OldJ3pilot, Crankpin, P51d1 and Bart Reurts......

I  am an old fart and love this aircraft for what it is... old fashioned navigation via VOR's and NDB's.

Nice challenge, had to crack out my old Jeppesen CSG-9 E6B !  And create a nav log!

For those that want a GPS, thats fine..

I like the challenge of olde navigation.  Also have the Milviz B732 for the same reason.  I'm not averse to modern technology mind, I have a B744, Dash8 and A320/321 for the the modern, push button stuff.  And a C182 and PA24 (you know from whom!) for the down and dirty VFR flying.
My hangar is full......

Loving this aircraft....  (I refuse to call it a "bird", goddammit that expression annoys me!) Told you I was an old fart!

Only minor glitches with it so far, for you guys that have those start up problems, I feel your pain.... I've had no such issues, she starts perfectly every time...

cheers
chris from oz
p51d1 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p51d1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Tuppy Tuppy wrote:

Good to see I'm not alone.  OldJ3pilot, Crankpin, P51d1 and Bart Reurts......

I  am an old fart and love this aircraft for what it is... old fashioned navigation via VOR's and NDB's.

Nice challenge, had to crack out my old Jeppesen CSG-9 E6B !  And create a nav log!

For those that want a GPS, thats fine..

I like the challenge of olde navigation.  Also have the Milviz B732 for the same reason.  I'm not averse to modern technology mind, I have a B744, Dash8 and A320/321 for the the modern, push button stuff.  And a C182 and PA24 (you know from whom!) for the down and dirty VFR flying.
My hangar is full......

Loving this aircraft....  (I refuse to call it a "bird", goddammit that expression annoys me!) Told you I was an old fart!

Only minor glitches with it so far, for you guys that have those start up problems, I feel your pain.... I've had no such issues, she starts perfectly every time...

cheers
chris from oz

Absolutely! I just got bored in FS9 as some aircraft were simply to computeristic, although I had the freeware HS 748 in my hangar which was also nice to fly. However the most were simply too modern to enjoy (If that makes sense).
Now in FSX, I like my oldies :-) Tuppy, I know which one's your'e talking about A2A right?
I have the 180 installed which I enjoy. I have the P51 too which I enjoy from time to time.
That's pretty much it for now. As I mostly concentrate on the RSA (South Africa) scenery for FSX.

Mark
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic