This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > English Electric Canberra PR.9
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Engine start problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petesmiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engine start problem
    Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 11:50am
I just installed the updated version. Before the update things worked pretty well, but now I cannot start the engines. It doesn't matter if I start from C&D, by the book, or click the lightning flash, or press Ctrl-E, whatever combination of JPT control settings, fuel pumps, LP or HP cocks I use the engines start to spool up but as soon as the JPT hits 350, on either engine, the start sequence aborts.
Does anyone have any suggestions please?
petesmiffy View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petesmiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 8:29pm
Okay, solved it myself. Although I tried both with and without pre-loading a default aircraft it made no difference. My default is a C&D Cessna.
The solution was to load the default, then start it up and, then, change to the Canberra. This solves the no start problem.
Bodace View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bodace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 1:22am
I have the same issue since SP3, the engines will not start just get stuck in a starting loop, like you I loaded a default flight and switched but this is a bit of a pain to do all the time.
Bodace View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bodace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 3:19am
Well it seems for me JF add-ons are not to blame for me, I fully uninstalled the Canberra PR9 from the windows control panel programs and features, re-started my PC, Run P3D and loaded my Default P3D flight, once the engines and electrics were all on I positioned the aircraft on a park (I don't like starting on the active) and saved the flight as favourite called New Start and exited P3D, I did another System restart at this point but not too sure if it was necessary and tested P3D with my new start position, once happy it was all fine I exited P3D and re-loaded SP3 with virus protection off, Re-booted the system again and YAY! all works fine, and on the way I seem to have cured a few other minor issues I have with P3D.
I know this is probably what you've already tried but if not give it a go, it's a pain that the default click and fly will be some crap generic LM aircraft but if it cures other problems I'm happy.

Forgot to say I can now choose the PR9 from the start without having to load the default and switch aircraft.
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 9:49am
Good news, thanks for the update. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic