This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help.....No Aircraft !!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinymac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help.....No Aircraft !!
    Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 6:33am
Hi All

I have just installed Traffic 360 for the 2nd time in succession, and as expected, it has removed all the default aircraft, which is fine.

However, it is still NOT showing ANY aircraft at ANY Airport in the world !

Can someone please help ?

My email addy for direct replies is derekkkx@btopenworld.com

Thanks in advance !

Derek

RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 10:50am
I assume you actually mean that that the original scheduled aircraft have disappeared. Are you FS2004 or FSX? I will assume FSX.
Look in the \FSX\scenery\world\scenery folder.
Have you got a file "ai-aircraft.bgl"? This is the new T360 AI file.
Has the original FSX AI file "TrafficAircraft.bgl" been renamed "TrafficAircraft._bgl"? If so, temporarily rename this file back to "TrafficAircraft.bgl". Does this re-instate the FSX AI traffic?
Is it possible that you have got one or more FS9-style (FS2004) AI BGL files on your system - any of these will disable any FSX-style AI BGL files?
Let us know what you find to help us to help you.
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
shinymac View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinymac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 11:30am
Hi

Thanks for your help. I will try what you suggest when I get home from work.

Will let you know

Cheers !

Derek

shinymac View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinymac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2015 at 1:16am
Hi Again

Well I am getting nowhere fast !

In answer to your question, I do not have a "ai-aircraft.bgl" file in my scenery/world/scenery folder.  
What I DO have there though, is an "ai-traffic.bgl" file.   

Next, I did notice that if I renamed the "TrafficAircraft._bgl" file back to "TrafficAircraft.bgl" that the default aircraft reappeared...but ONLY the default ones of course !

I have uninstalled and re-installed Traffic 360 COUNTLESS times and am getting nowhere.

I do notice that when installed, Traffic360 does NOT automatically appear as an entry in the Scenery Library either. If I try to add this manually, the only file that shows up is one called "airport facilities". My friend has T360 installed and he says he has an entry called "Traffic360 Airport Facilities"

Can you help any further ? 

Thanks !

Derek

freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2015 at 2:39am
Go to the Just Flight Traffic 360 FAQ web page.

On that page, find and click on "I cannot see any AI traffic after installing Traffic 360".

See if the information in there is of any help ...

Link: Just Flight Traffic 360 FAQ
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2015 at 8:09am
Derek,
sorry about the name of the AI file - the file you found is the T360 one.

As per Freddy's suggestion, you will possibly find that, in your "fsx.cfg" file, there may be a line missing/wrong.

If you open this file (in Notepad), look for lines like -

SimObjectPaths.x= ...........

There should be a line -

SimObjectPaths.x=SimObjects\JFTraffic360

where 'x' is the next number in the sequence.

Please use Freddy's method by all means but if you already know the 'innards' of how FSX works then I suggest doing the check/change manually so that you see the results of your change. This line tells FSX where to look for all of the aircraft, vehicles, etc so if it is wrong or missing then the T360 aircraft will not show.

Again, please let us know how you get on.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 6:34am
Notwithstanding Ray's response above, which, yes, you should check, I would personally be more inclined to think that you may have another legacy (old) FS2004 format traffic database .BGL file still installed into your FSX.

As the Traffic 360 FAQ says, FSX is only capable of running one legacy .BGL file from older versions of Flight Simulator and having one loaded/running will cause ALL other AI traffic to be suppressed, including river/sea traffic and Traffic 360.

These legacy (old) .BGL files sometimes (but not always) come with add-on scenery packages that you have purchased or downloaded, or may be left over from a previously installed AI program.

The .BGL file checker on the Traffic 360 FAQ page will search any and all folders being referenced by FSX in order to locate any of these legacy type .BGL files.

And, yes, please let us know how you get on.

shinymac View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinymac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 1:46pm
Hi Again All

Thanks for the further advice which I will try to apply on the next occasion I get the chance.

I appreciate everyones kind help, but all I have done is install T360 through its installer, like thousands of others have done. And if it isnt designed to seek out and delete any conflicting bgls then I feel the manufacturers will have let lots of other people down badly !

How many "average" flightsimmers are going to know, or be willing, to go to these lengths just to get a product to work, that should work straight from the box !

Thanks

RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 11:20pm
It might be helpful to get a bit of your 'history' before we go any further.
I see you joined the Forum about 5 years ago so you are not a newcomer to these things.

What flightsim are you running? FS2004, FSX, FSXA or FSX-Steam or what?
What were you doing for AI before your attempts at installing Traffic 360?
Have you ever installed any other AI generating products or installed any scenery that included AI BGLs?

It would appear that the great majority of people who install Traffic 360 do get at least some T360 traffic when they fire up FSX (even if it is not quite as good as they expected - see all of the forum questions!) So the installer is normally adequate.

It has been regularly stated that 'old' FS9 BGLs have screwed up FSX AI so awareness of this is not difficult to be found.
If you require any further assistance I suggest that you supply some background info which would help us to help you.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 4:09am
I agree with Ray that the installer is normally adequate.

However, I also see shinymac's point that the installer could, at a minimum, do a check for other .BGLs and at least alert you to their presence. After all, if Just Flight can write a .BGL checker, then surely they could integrate same in to their installer. However I'd stop short at suggesting the installer should delete any such .BGLs. Doing so would render OTHER products not working, and then you would be complaining that Product X used to work BEFORE installing Traffic 360 and you'd (still) blame Just Flight for an inadequate installer. The install should merely check for .BGLs, locate them, and then list them for you (as well as adding them to a saved LOG file that you could refer to later as needed) ... it then advises you that these .BGLs it found may cause issues and could possibly PROMPT you to delete them (with appropriate warnings that you may be "breaking" other add-ons) or merely just suggest that you try running Traffic 360, being fully informed, and see what happens (noting that you can refer to the LOG file and make decisions on what to do with the found .BGLs).

deerhunter56 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deerhunter56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2015 at 10:57pm
Hello, 

I'm new to T360 and X for that matter. I am using FSXA. I have AI traffic moving about except mine!!!! 
I have created the flight plans per tutorials etc with no luck. I have tried everything that has been documented in FAQ's etc with no luck. 

Are there any hidden secrets beyond the manual instructions so I can watch my own flight plans play out? I created two very simple custom flight plans between to mid-western U.S. cities using IFR available aircraft set to depart at 12.01 and arrive at their destination 15 min later. 

Once into FSXA I always get to my departing airport 20 min ahead of takeoff being it takes AI traffic 20 min to boot up in T360 and not once have my aircraft been present. 

What am I doing wrong? I thought this was a stable simulation platform not a college course in "find the BUG"!! 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 8:12am
Notwithstanding that T360 (and TX before that) supply loads of AI reasonably successfully, I would personally recommend the use of AIFP (freeware) to add further AI of your own. You have better control of when and where your AI appear.
T360 and TX are somewhat notoriously difficult to 'get your head round' when it comes to adding to the AI lists. In their defence however, once you do understand how they work, it does become a lot easier but AIFP makes for an easier life.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deerhunter56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 1:31pm
Ray,

Thank you so much for the kind reply. The "AIFP" freeware you are speaking of, do u have a link to or directions to aquiring it?

Thank you again!!

Stu
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 5:32pm
Try -
http:\\stuff4s.com
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deerhunter56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 5:44pm
Got it, thank you!!!!
pomak249 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pomak249 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 10:52am
This is almost certainly due to an erroneous .bgl file somwhere within your FSX install - good luck finding it!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic