This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F27 Friendship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2D Panel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris_ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2D Panel
    Posted: 07 Jun 2015 at 7:55am
Hi is there any plan that they will create a 2D panel for this beautiful bird. Its been almost a month now I'm still learning how to fly this thing using the 3D cockpit and it's been difficult for me to switch in 3D cockpit since i prefer flying with 2D panel.
Cowpatz View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 1:29am
Apparently 2D panels are dead and you need to "move with the times" despite the fact that this has been a popular request but one that will be ignored. Get EZDOK and then you can set up your own views as 2D panels.
lipq2009 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lipq2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 3:43am
Hello
is Ezdok working with fsx only or can be useful with p3d too?
Is it available as tutorial for 2d panel purpose?
Tnks a lot
best regards
Tuppy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2015 at 7:01am
Yes, EzDok does work with P3d.  An invaluable add-on.
 I've set up various views for the F27, so, with the flick of the hat-switch I can move between views in an instant. The three most used are a normal out-the-front cockpit view, an auto pilot panel view and an IFR panel.
Agree with Cowpatz, 2D panels are dead, I mean, real pilots don't have a popup panel, they look around the cockpit :-)   EzDok provides this facility

chris from oz
Cowpatz View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2015 at 9:39am
No you don't agree with Cowpatz. I love 2D panels. They are great for those of us who like systems as much as the general flying. It is the eye candy brigade who are pushing the VC only option.
Check out this video and you will be sold on EZDOK and yes it works great in P3D (even 2.5).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XHEuQmbRpQ
chris_ca View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris_ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 10:01am
Ok i really tried to fly with the 3D cockpit but i really don't like it, so i manage to install a 2d panel but the problem im facing is when turning during taxi its so difficult to turn around. Is there anything i can modify in contact points to make it easier to turn? Thanks
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 11:21am
Taxy at a much slower speed and also use differential brakes and power... It steers absolutely fine.
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
lipq2009 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lipq2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 12:03pm
Hi Chris
which 2d panel have you installed? Built by yourself? If I give you my email can you send it to me just to try and take a look on it?
Tnks and cheers
Andrea
chris_ca View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris_ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 1:12pm
Hi lipq2009, i download from flightsim, file name is  panel2dfokker50fsx.zip, its just a test it if its working and it seems working fine. 
lipq2009 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lipq2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 3:33pm
Thank you very much, I will test it too.
Cheers

Please one help for Ezdok: somebody having already the config for this kind of plane?
Is it better to have a shortcut for keyboards or joistick?
Tnks
snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by chris_ca chris_ca wrote:

Ok i really tried to fly with the 3D cockpit but i really don't like it, so i manage to install a 2d panel but the problem im facing is when turning during taxi its so difficult to turn around. Is there anything i can modify in contact points to make it easier to turn? Thanks

Manual, Page 40. Ermm

Why do people persist in not reading the fine manual? 
If you feel it is beneath you, think how you look when you post... Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic