This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F27 Friendship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

De-icing controls....?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timmy74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: De-icing controls....?
    Posted: 31 May 2015 at 9:16am
As stated on page 33 of the manual.....

"We have made all the de-icing controls, timers, buttons and lights functional in this
cockpit. It will give you something to play with on long trips!"

Where on earth (or cockpit) do I find this control panel?Dead

Cheers,
Tim...
Bart Reurts View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bart Reurts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 10:52am
On the right side of the cockpit ( way over by the Co pilot  a.k.a   first officer  ) , you have also some equipment , and to the right ( or on the back if you look in the direction of flight ) is a panel with a front view of the plane with a lot of knobs .

See also the manual   page 28  item 12 

Happy flights TimThumbs Up
Timmy74 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timmy74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by Bart Reurts Bart Reurts wrote:

On the right side of the cockpit ( way over by the Co pilot  a.k.a   first officer  ) , you have also some equipment , and to the right ( or on the back if you look in the direction of flight ) is a panel with a front view of the plane with a lot of knobs .

See also the manual   page 28  item 12 

Happy flights TimThumbs Up

Thank you so much Bart.  Wink

By the way....are the cockpit lights suppose to work by clicking on them?  Because when I am flying only the Captains side lights up but not the Co-pilots side?

Kind regards,
Tim...
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bart Reurts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 4:27pm
Maybe it depends on your position in the cockpit , i fly it from the left side , and didnt notice this problem jet .
When it is dark enough to see the cockpit instrument lights , it sould light the complete cockpit .LampLamp
Timmy74 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timmy74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 9:11am

Maybe it depends on your position in the cockpit , i fly it from the left side , and didnt notice this problem jet .
When it is dark enough to see the cockpit instrument lights , it sould light the complete cockpit .LampLamp

Hello Bart,

Here is my cockpit lighting.... I'll let you tell me if its correct or not?  To me, it is not.

From the Captains seat.  Co-pilots seat area is dark.....?

From the Co-pilots seat. This area is dark to me?

But the left side of the Captains seat is lit up...?

I can not seem to click on the "cockpit lights" to get them to turn on or off? I need to click the two overhead "panel lights" for them to turn off but then I lose the instruments and panel lighting...?

Is this correct?  I have everything turned on and operating as per manual.  

I even find that when switching from ground power to aircraft power the panel lights begin to flash like the beacon light and then i have to to turn on off then on the panel lighting again to stop the cockpit light flashing...?  Is this correct?

Kind regards,
Tim.
snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 11:11am
Timmy 

Did you not read the answer from the developer to your topic in May on the very same issue...

Wait for the Service Pack.

Timmy74 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timmy74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by snave snave wrote:

Timmy 

Did you not read the answer from the developer to your topic in May on the very same issue...

Wait for the Service Pack.

Yes I did indeed! But I am just asking the question.. is it the same as his?!!  It seems that people are having different issues with many things and I just wanted to be clear that my issue was not a strange one!?!  Because the first time I mentioned cockpit lighting issues I was told by "Bazza" that there was something wrong and I did a fix he recommended.  So....I was just seeing if this was correct now!?!

Sorry for asking!!! 
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bart Reurts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 7:38pm
Hi Tim , i see what you mean now ( good to send the screens ) , stil i didnt notice the dark side ( my Jedi feeling was dervid )
I will look by my next red eye flight , and we wait together on the Service Pack to see what is left of the little problems Sleepy

Never feel the hesitation to ask , there are NO stupid questions ,,, OLY STUPID ANWSERS !Shocked
Timmy74 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timmy74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 10:01pm

Hi Tim , i see what you mean now ( good to send the screens ) , stil i didnt notice the dark side ( my Jedi feeling was dervid )
I will look by my next red eye flight , and we wait together on the Service Pack to see what is left of the little problems Sleepy

Never feel the hesitation to ask , there are NO stupid questions ,,, OLY STUPID ANWSERS !Shocked

Thank you Bart for your words and making me feel less embarrassed for asking questions.

Kind regards,
Tim.
snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 9:22am
Don't feel embarassed for asking questions.
Only repeating them. And not reading the fine manual first.

This, after all is your topic about de-icing. You already created one about lighting. And been told it's being looked at. 

It would have been polite to have acknowledged Scottys' answer in the former topic as repeating the question here looked like you didn't bother to read that one. 
Timmy74 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timmy74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 11:40am
Originally posted by snave snave wrote:

Don't feel embarassed for asking questions.
Only repeating them. And not reading the fine manual first.

This, after all is your topic about de-icing. You already created one about lighting. And been told it's being looked at. 

It would have been polite to have acknowledged Scottys' answer in the former topic as repeating the question here looked like you didn't bother to read that one. 

Where am I repeating my question "champ"!?   Yes this topic did start with di-icing but led to a question (if YOU go back and read this blog) about "are the two cock pit lights  suppose to be clickable" -which you clearly can not answer either because you believe that I am trying to sneak around the whole panel/cockpit light issue-.  Bart was kind enough to give me some explanation which I then posted pictures of to show if mine was correct or not? So to me this has absolutely nothing to do with my "panel/cockpit lighting" question posted in another topic.
So this whole BS about "It would have been polite to have acknowledged Scottys' answer in the former topic as repeating the question here looked like you didn't bother to read that one." it is a totally different question....I am sure you are educated enough to understand that?

Now... as for reading the "fine manual" yes I agree it is a "fine manual" but it fails to answer all questions. Hence this WHOLE topic!!!  If you are such the expert on the manual, where does it tell you that these functions are clickable? eg: I have had issues with A2A aircraft droping out on click spots.

I ask this because there are a few "anomalies" I am finding with this aircraft that I simply do not know if they are suppose to be like that or I have an issue with my install...!?!?  So I am in the process of elimination to see what is correct and what is not.  But from your outstanding support I feel that I must never ask a question again and just shut up and put up with what has been released.

Thank you for being understanding! 

snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 5:04pm
As you are unable to make yourself clearly understood, I'll revert to the original topic of conversation for this thread.

De-icing is explained on Page 21 of the fine manual as far as the overhead panel controls for the windscreen is concerned, followed by a detailed treatise of the de-icing controls on Page 33 - which you seem to have found quite adequately as you quoted it in your orginal question. Which begs another question: How could you miss the panel layout for the right sidewall on Page 28?

A .pdf document is searchable using standard Ctrl+F key commands. Putting `de-ic` into the search box finds all these pages, and more.

If however, you are asking about the light `issue` then the correct home for that supplemental question is the original lighting question. Started by you. Just bear in mind that you have already made changes to the aircraft .cfg as far as lighting is concerned.

Do at least have some consideration for your fellow simmers and forum users. We don't all have the same utter randomness of thought you show. Just because you want to raise disparate issue in one topic when you're already having it discussed elsewhere doesn't mean we want to follow you around the topics like some dog on a leash just to get further in the separate issues you raise.

Perhaps a moderator could step in and split the discussion points in this topic? Or better still just lock it as nothing of merit about de-icing is being discussed here.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic