This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F27 Friendship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Auto pilot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gyps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Auto pilot
    Posted: 28 May 2015 at 6:52pm
I know its very basic and therefore should be easy to do

But I'm having troubles making it do what I want

I normal mange fine with the newer ones but this I can seem to get it to go where I want

Any Fokker experts out fancy doing a shout vid on how to use it properly

oh and if you could include a landing would be awesome

thanks gyp's
snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 8:18am
gyps View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gyps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 12:06pm
I'd seen that but it still double dutch to me

I'm trying to follow the included flight, but really struggling to get head round how to find out where I am

I know its pretty basic stuff if you understand what your doing but a vid of the tutorial flight is probably what I need to see how it works

hope that makes sense

snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 1:47pm
It's a basic a/p. 

Turn it on with the Power button. Green light lights.

Follow page 29-30 of the manual. It clearly states what you do to hold altitude, hdg or nav, as well as ho to engage the ILS/LOC function.

Explain further what you mean about having trouble to get it to go where you want? The simple solution is switch it on, engage alt hold, then either switch to hdg hold using default FS commands and steer the aircraft through the heading bug, or engage the Alter Heading button and change course using the heading adjust knob as indicated in the video link I provided circa 19:00 mins.

That will get you going where you want. 

gyps View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gyps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 4:07pm
Sorry if I seem dumb on this, cheers for reply's and help

I can take off ok and have worked out how to get it to follow the yellow heading icon, so can make turns using the heading control

what i'm finding hard to get right is the bit where it tells you to use the nav bit I thought i'd followed the plan from the manual but nothing seems to happen I just carry on going straight in the direction I was going I'm obviously doing sumit daft or wrong but cant see what

I've got a switch or button wrong somewhere but I haven't found it yet
dkeff View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 9:30pm
Hi all,

What a lovely plane, I enjoy it really much. The autopilot seems pretty straight forward and I even can get it as far as to follow a flightplan. But here is the trouble, I would like to fly this baby online and therefor I sometimes have to be doing as I'm told by ATC. This autopilot is a bit too rural for that (specifiek heading, for example 245 degrees to the right, or specific altitude, 2500 feet or so), so here is my question: is it possible to add a bit more "computerware" in the cockpit by giving it a rural autopilot, but a bit more accurate to fly with (like the panel modification of Norm Hancock, which he made for the MAAM DC-3).

Thanks for considering,

David

http://www.maam.org/flightsim/enhance/HSI-panel.jpg
Silver Fern View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silver Fern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 3:55am
Know what you mean..I am just in the process of trying to find a updated autopilot..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic