This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Have we ever finished a debate?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have we ever finished a debate?
    Posted: 09 Apr 2008 at 9:06pm
hello,

Thanks to the sick individual who posted in the other thread on God and Physics, we have another discussion thread locked due to silly behaviour. Have we ever finished (properly) a discussion/debate?

It's a massive shame, it was an awesome topic and I was just about to start typing up my reply. .

Why can't the individual's posts simply be deleted, and for the discussion to be allowed to carry on? Wacko

I reckon Old Flapper jinxed it from the beginning. .
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2008 at 9:21pm
Big%20smile Tell you what though Odai... you can never 'finish' a debate like that, people tend to cling to their views, but hopefully we all go away with something new to consider and add to our model of the world.

It's just interesting to hear another's philosophy and hopefully that way we can all learn something.
Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2008 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by MartinW MartinW wrote:

Big%20smile Tell you what though Odai... you can never 'finish' a debate like that, people tend to cling to their views, but hopefully we all go away with something new to consider and add to our model of the world.

It's just interesting to hear another's philosophy and hopefully that way we can all learn something.

I wouldnt say "cling" martin, i would say that just dont agree with you Smile must happen sometimes

Flightboy
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2008 at 9:54pm
Which is the same thing. I cling to my views and you cling to yours. One of us is right... but which one???

It doesn't bother me if someone agrees with me or not, and I like it if I'm proven wrong because I've learnt something new, they have done me a favour. However, I will continue to debate if the person on the other side hasn't convinced me.

I could say the same about you, surely 'you' must be wrong sometimes and mee right??? Or is that not possible? Big%20smile
CyprusAirwaysA330 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyprusAirwaysA330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2008 at 9:54pm
What a shame such a user had to ruin, I was just about to join in, I had been following it closely and had a good point (I think) ready.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2008 at 9:57pm
I know, unfortunately with emotive issues there's always the chance that someone will pop up that not prepared to debate in the same manner as ourselves, they ruin it for all of us.
Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2008 at 10:05pm
Yeah you are sometimes right martin Thumbs%20Up and as i have said before sometimes it better not to agree as it keeps things intresting!

Flightboy
Old Flapper View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Flapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2008 at 10:05pm
I hate to admit it, but the thread wasn't going too badly at all..... I didn't try and jinx it, but these threads have historically been tricky. I confess I would never have seen that one coming though! I wondered if Bloody Mary (as the name may suggest?) had strong religious views, which may have conflicted with some of the statements by one or more of us at first and was reacting in temper perhaps, but on second thoughts may have just wanted a fight. Who knows? I will try not to jinx this thread Odai.
Embarrassed
Everyone's entitled to my opinions
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2008 at 10:09pm

It went well because you were a good boy Flappy. Big%20smile

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 8:55am
As it was simply one silly person who ruined an otherwise interesting debate, we have opted to remove the offending posts and re-open the thread for you to continue your discussion.

http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=224&PN=2
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 9:04am
We opted! Wink You power crazy fool! .
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 9:24am
Originally posted by MartinW MartinW wrote:

We opted! Wink You power crazy fool! .

I had a feeling you would pick up on that Clap
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 9:43am
Private indiscretion = Embarrassed
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 9:44am
More like public insurrection!
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2008 at 12:52am
Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

As it was simply one silly person who ruined an otherwise interesting debate, we have opted to remove the offending posts and re-open the thread for you to continue your discussion.

http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=224&PN=2

An excellent decision!

Best regards,
Vulcan.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic