This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F27 Friendship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Livery request

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skydrew69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 10:20pm
Great repaints!! Would anyone be able to do the later Air UK blue stripes and union flag please? Many thanks!

http://img.planespotters.net/photo/230000/original/G-BNAL-Air-Uk-Fokker-F27-Friendship_PlanespottersNet_230369.jpg
Crankpin View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crankpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 12:06am
Originally posted by Timmy74 Timmy74 wrote:

She looks fantastic!!  Clap   Thank you very much Crankpin.  May I post a link for her over at OZx? There would be a few chaps very interested in her there too.

Kind regards,
Tim...

Hiya Tim

Yes please, and the TAA one too if you like.

Thanks
John
Crankpin View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crankpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 2:48am
[QUOTE=skydrew69]Great repaints!! Would anyone be able to do the later Air UK blue stripes and union flag please? Many thanks!

http://img.planespotters.net/photo/230000/original/G-BNAL-Air-Uk-Fokker-F27-Friendship_PlanespottersNet_230369.jpg[/QUOTE]

Hi skydrew69
Yeah I'd look at doing that for you, but you can help me with the research, what is the text below the cockpit windows, I can see as much as "Friendship Fred something" ... whats the 'something' ?

skydrew69 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skydrew69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 7:38am
Great-thanks Crankpin! She was "Friendship Fred Trueman"
Timmy74 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timmy74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 3:02am
Originally posted by Crankpin Crankpin wrote:

Originally posted by Timmy74 Timmy74 wrote:

She looks fantastic!!  Clap   Thank you very much Crankpin.  May I post a link for her over at OZx? There would be a few chaps very interested in her there too.

Kind regards,
Tim...

Hiya Tim

Yes please, and the TAA one too if you like.

Thanks
John

Thank you very much John.  I have posted a link page over at OZx for both the Air Niugini and TAA paints of yours.

Very grateful.

Tim.
ianroussel View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianroussel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 9:13pm
I too am very interested in the 3 blue striped AirUK livery. many of you may know my name from numerous repaints in Flight sim, but I am having serious problems with the texture format. I think maybe it can only be done using photoshop. All my repaint have used MS Paint and configured with DXTBmp. I tried to correct the many errors with the just Flight AirUK (early blue livery), but all I ended up with was a translucent aircraft?

So any idea when the 3 strip livery will be ready?
Crankpin View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crankpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by ianroussel ianroussel wrote:

I too am very interested in the 3 blue striped AirUK livery.

So any idea when the 3 strip livery will be ready?

A 'few' days Ian, had jobs for the weekend. By the end of the week for sure.

Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianroussel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 12:51pm
Cool.
What format is he livery in? I do all my repaints using MS paint and save format in either DXT or extended BMPs using a program called DXTBmp.
I have largely corrected the out of the box AirUK livery, but cant save the artwork in a usable format, all I get in translucent textures?
Crankpin View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Crankpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 5:28am
Hi skydrew69 and ianroussel

Unfortunately this was one of those cases where I wish I hadn't committed to doing the repaint. Paint-kit issues are discussed elsewhere but due to the relative positioning of the windows and the large duct/air intakes at the rear of the aircraft the positioning accuracy of the board stripes had to be compromised.
I have uploaded to AVSIM, it should be available soon.
Ian I did PM you, but I suspect your problems may be with managing the alpha channel in the .dds files that in this case handle transparency of the windows.

Air UK  G-BHMX

Bart Reurts View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bart Reurts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 5:41am
Dont be so hard on yourself , it looks great Thumbs Up
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianroussel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 10:45am
Looks very good can't wait to upload it. Just can't understand why JF didn't use the same system they did on the Viscount and Dak. It would have made all our lives a lot easier
skydrew69 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skydrew69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 12:20pm
WOW! Thank you SO much! She looks fantastic!
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianroussel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 2:48pm
Nothing yet, I'm not too sure what time Avsim update?
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bart Reurts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 3:00pm
Every 24 hours or so  Confused
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianroussel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 3:33pm
Is that the only site you've published?
jackjda View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackjda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 7:12pm
Any chance for some love for the US? Check out these paints:
http://rw09.tripod.com/a52-19.jpg - Continental
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/19/N513AW_Fokker_F.27-500_Friendship_Air_Wisconsin_ORD_24DEC86_(12767406993).jpg - Air Wisconsin
http://www.fokker-aircraft.info/piedmont-n422sa.jpg - Piedmont
http://www.abpic.co.uk/images/images/1086979M.jpg - United

jackjda View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackjda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 7:13pm
USAIR too!
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianroussel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 8:33pm
The AirUK livery is now on the Avsim site, very good work Crankpin 😀
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bart Reurts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 10:37pm
and on the topic "repaints to share Thumbs Up
Crankpin View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crankpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2015 at 3:14am
Asialink Cargo Express  PK-KRL

Fictional in the sense that Asialink's F27's are 500 series but the livery is genuine enough.
A modern look and one for the cargo pilots. Enjoy!
Available on AVSIM soonish

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic