This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > English Electric Canberra PR.9
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problem with Altimeter Pressure Setting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nmurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem with Altimeter Pressure Setting
    Posted: 07 May 2015 at 9:09pm
If I set FSX weather for 990 millibars and start flight with the Canberra.
I then check the 'pressure setting' on the altimeter, it indicates 1090.
I then use keyboard command 'Altimeter Reset (B)' just to be sure and it still reads 1090.
It seems there is a problem with a 'pressure setting' of less than 1000.
Using the 'pressure setting knob' (bottom left) on the altimeter shows that the 'pressure setting' will decrement properly down to 1000 but not below.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 12:46pm
The Canberra installer has been updated to fix this issue. You can download the latest installer from your account, or if you are using the boxed or third-party versions then you can download the updated patch from the support section - http://www.justflight.com/support/canberra-pr9/dccbba7
nmurray View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nmurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 9:59pm
Problem known to Support.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2015 at 3:23pm
I have just set the barometric pressure setting to 948 millibars using the reset shortcut (B) and pressure setting knob.

Please contact our support team (http://www.justflight.com/support-contact) if you are still getting this problem after installing the latest version of the product (SP3). If you have already submitted a ticket then please reply to that existing ticket.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
nmurray View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nmurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 9:58am
From reading the post on SP3 I cannot see any fixes mentioned that relates to my problem with the Altimeter Pressure Setting.
kevinh View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 5:50pm
I have the same problem, but it's not as simple as it looks. The altimeter will not indicate less than 0 feet. So if you try and dial in a QFE below the actual value the altimeter stays at zero and the Kollsman digits also wont change. If you select a low ambient pressure, for example 950 mb, you can dial in the baro offset but the Kollsman window actually reads 1050, although the hundreds digit is just beginning to show the 9 starting to come into view below the 0.

It looks like the rolling digits are incorrectly animated. Starting from 1000 the hundreds digit shows 0 until the tens digit decreases to around 7, when it starts to decrease in proportion to the tens input. So at 950 the '9' is only just starting to appear. The hundreds digit should change as the tens digit goes from 0 to 9. Similarly on the way up, it should change from 9 to 0 as the tens increases from 9 to 0. The same happens with the tens digit and the ones digit.

Summarising, the higher digits shouldn't move until the next lower digit trips them to move as it passes through zero, either up or down. They don't roll continuosly, apart from the units digit.

The altimeter should definitely be able to read negative.

Kevin
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 12:20pm
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the clarification. I've fixed the altimeter code and we'll get the SP3 installer updated.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 12:46pm
The Canberra installer has been updated to fix this issue. You can download the latest installer from your account, or if you are using the boxed or third-party versions then you can download the updated patch from the support section - http://www.justflight.com/support/canberra-pr9/dccbba7
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
kevinh View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

Hi Martyn,

I've just installed the new version. It fixes the counters in the baro window and the altimeter digits but the pointer is still stuck at or above zero. For example, at sea level ISA, if I dial in a baro correction of 950 mb, the altimeter digits show -1800 feet but the pointer remains at zero.

Kevin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic