This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

youtube vids how to's?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captain vodka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: youtube vids how to's?
    Posted: 29 Apr 2015 at 12:19pm
as the title says.  .im really not sure about adjusting some of the flights in TF 360

example  - id like to add concorde to the ai flight schedules.  

remove the cessy's  from military airbases.

perhaps add a c17 flying from raf braze norton to Kabul etc. . 

Im just not getting the manual in the regime and need some guidance. .. so any vids out there that might aid my inabilities to understand

pomak249 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pomak249 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 11:56am
I agree mate the TCC is a nightmare to get around and not explained in enough clarity for me - theres no explanations on where to save stuff and what as..?

Needs a whole rewrite IMO

Sorry cudnt help tho - good luck!!
Aquilam View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquilam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2016 at 6:09pm
I agree; Traffic 360 documentation is sorely lacking.

Once upon a time I used to create loads of custom traffic for FS2004 using a variety of utilities, texture and sound editors, but thus far I can't figure out how Traffic 360 goes about its business. 

Dear Just Flight: Any additional resources/tutorials/tips/guides for this product would be greatly appreciated. Seriously. Thank you.
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 4:35pm
Can I suggest that, in order to ADD extra traffic, you do not use the facilities in T360 but go over to using a useful facility such as AIFP, which will actually do a better and it is easier to use and understand.

AIFP would also be capable, when you get used to using it, to get rid of some of the silly scheduling that Traffic X and Traffic 360 contained from the outset.
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 3:43am
For some additional reading on how to set flight plans and make edits etc, it is worth noting that Traffic 360 is based on, and is therefore very similar to, Traffic X. I would therefore suggest you download and read the Traffic X Tutorials on how to make flight plans and how to use the Fleet Database menu.

Here is a link: Traffic X Tutorials.

And, as has been said already many times, after you do your edits, you must remember to do a COMPILE so that your changes will appear in the sim. (Note: the Traffic X Tutorials do neglect to mention that important fact.)
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 8:38am
Freddy, as always, I respect your advice on these forums but, in this instance, relying on using Traffic X Tutorials for working in Traffic 360 may introduce some extra (if that is possible) confusion due to the way that the T360 file structure has been changed from the TX structure. The T360 manual describes the various required techniques in the same way as the TX manual, BUT Just Flight, for some reason, failed to add any Tutorials for T360 unlike the ones for TX.
So, yes, by all means look thro the TX tutorials for editing the individual TCC schedule files but users will still have to get to understand how these individual files get grouped together to form "Year/Time of Year" groups which are then COMPILED to form the necessary BGL AI files.

Bearing in mind that neither Freddy nor I are actual USERS of T360, I would urge any T360 users who have 'cracked' the proper T360 techniques, to come on this forum to assist the many (?) others who clearly get frustrated by the poor instructions given by the original program. It would be interesting to hear of T360 users who are happily getting on with T360 on a day-to-day basis.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 11:03pm
Ahh, Ray ... the voice of reason.

Yes, Ray makes a good point. I don't have Traffic 360 and therefore I am not aware of how the file structure differs between Traffic X and Traffic 360. But, I figure that any reading on the subject matter of adding and editing flight plans may prove helpful with an understanding of the [general] process.

I hope other Traffic 360 users do respond to your call to come on the forum and assist. However, considering the only people who seem willing to respond to Traffic 360 questions these days are actually you and I, Traffic X users nonetheless(!), I wouldn't hold my breath. Heck, not even Just Flight respond to any of their users questions. Come on folks, prove me wrong.
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 9:44am
Freddy,
to explain my position on T360 it is this.
When the "T360 Upgrade" came on to the market, like many others I thought it was an upgrade to TX BUT it wasn't any sort of upgrade i.e. it didn't upgrade TX but was a whole new software. So, having purchased it (because it was sold to existing TX users at a discount), I found it was a whole new ball-game having been revamped with some new AI aircraft and a load of changes to the file structure and usage.
I have in fact done a 'dummy' install of T360 on my laptop - I had to create a dummy fsx.exe file so that T360 could see it and install. So I can 'see' just what the file structure is and do some basic fiddling with the interfaces.
A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing but I will always try to help our friends on these forums with what I have found whilst delving into T360. I really wonder if there are ANY satisfied users out there - I suppose they might be so happy with T360 that they don't need to come to the forums to sort out any problems?
Aquilam View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquilam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 4:44pm
I purchased Traffic 360 for the first time this month for my installation of FSX Steam Edition. I was looking for a turnkey product that would add decent traffic to FSX-SE with minimum hassle and T360 was the one recommended on related forums. To that end T360 has been a terrific success! Via a simple installation it has done a wonderful job of adding a plethora of realistic and varied traffic to FSX-SE; I'm a happy customer!

Now of course I'm interested in tweaking and adding more aircraft and flight plans, etc. Once upon a time I was an enthusiastic tweaker of AI traffic for FS2004, so I thought it might be straightforward this time around with this new product. Alas, as others here have discovered, there's a learning curve to T360, and while the interface is a laudable attempt at taming this beast, neither the interface nor the accompanying manual sheds a whole lot of light on the process. I'll be happy to share where what I've learned, but at this point I'm looking at some freeware referred to here as a better alternative, to tweaking at least.

Again, as a turnkey solution to quickly adding AI traffic to FSX-SE with minimum effort, Traffic 360 is a great product.
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 10:00pm
Aquilam,
thanks for responding as a (relatively?) satisfied user of T360.
Both TX and (I guess) T360 populate our screens with passable aircraft even if a load of them should not be in the areas in which we see them.
The interfaces are not for the faint-hearted which is why I again recommend the freeware AIFP for adding new AI flightplans, etc.
Unlike TX, T360 has a problem when you want to eliminate some of the supplied AI and you would have to go into the TCC files using something like Notepad to get rid of unwanted lines.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 2:18am
Originally posted by Aquilam Aquilam wrote:

..... Alas, as others here have discovered, there's a learning curve to T360, and while the interface is a laudable attempt at taming this beast, neither the interface nor the accompanying manual sheds a whole lot of light on the process.

Originally posted by RayM RayM wrote:

..... Unlike TX, T360 has a problem when you want to eliminate some of the supplied AI and you would have to go into the TCC files using something like Notepad to get rid of unwanted lines.

As someone who works in IT, and specifically in Customer Support, I am often left wondering whether some programmers actually use the programs that they create. From Aquilam's and Ray's statements here, this just sounds like another point in case ...

And, for that matter, the same goes for the folks who write (or should that be don't write?) the documentation.

And don't get me started about BETA TESTING. My definition(s) of a BETA TESTER are as follows ... a) the programmer who wrote it and therefore knows how it works and what to expect anyway ... b) somebody who works for the company and who, based usually on economic factors, isn't given enough time to really put the program through it's paces, let alone have the necessary equipment or other required and installed (and properly working) software anyway ... c) a potential customer who puts their hand up purely because they just want a free copy of the new program without really caring or wanting to actually put the program through its paces ... d) a potential customer who puts their hand up, gets a free copy of the new program and actually wants to properly put the program through its paces - but, is given only one or two weeks before the program's released anyway.

RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 8:01am
Originally posted by Aquilam Aquilam wrote:

Again, as a turnkey solution to quickly adding AI traffic to FSX-SE with minimum effort, Traffic 360 is a great product.

As a non-user of T360, I am intrigued to know if you have ever compiled different combinations of the PRESET SCHEDULE combinations that are supplied, namely, Military Flights 2012, Spring Schedule 2012, Summer Schedule 2007, VFR Traffic, Winter Schedule 2013, etc?

I cannot understand why JF set the schedules up in this manner as there was already sufficient 'randomness' in the previous compiling process.

[For those who are unaware of the foregoing schedules, each schedule contains schedules for SOME of the airlines available. Air France may appear in all of the airline schedules (but with a different set of schedules) but Alitalia only appears in 2 of the preset schedules. It is a curious way of doing things. Also, it is NOT possible, from within the TCC, to edit these PRESET SCHEDULES, so this is why it is not possible to remove Cessna's and Piper's from Military airfields.]
Aquilam View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquilam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 2:58pm

As a non-user of T360, I am intrigued to know if you have ever compiled different combinations of the PRESET SCHEDULE combinations that are supplied, namely, Military Flights 2012, Spring Schedule 2012, Summer Schedule 2007, VFR Traffic, Winter Schedule 2013, etc?...
I'm intrigued too, which is what brought me to this forum in the first place. A first or second or even third read of the interface and manual hasn't shed much light on just what is going on, or how the various moving parts interrelate. 

There's especially that caution in the manul about generating duplicate flight plans and aircraft, though there appears to be no straightforward method, or even better: a tool, for flagging and rooting out duplicate flights (from my FS2004 experience I recall watching in dismay as identical 747s would compete for the same runway real estate at the same time).

On a related note, light night I spent about an hour trying to figure out why all my AI suddenly disappeared from the FSX skies. I traced the problem to one or more freeware sceneries I recently installed, and disabling that--or those--sceneries brought the AI back to the skies. This is likely not a T360 issue but something to do with one or more freebies.

RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 3:38pm
Aquilam,

AI disappearing is almost always down to having an old FS9 AI BGL file in the system - these quite often come with old sceneries. Again, I recommend AIFP as this has a facility for finding FS9 AI files and even converting them to FSX.

Duplicating flights in T360 is too easy as, when you choose to compile a new AI BGL file you might choose the combination of "Spring Schedule 2012" plus "Winter Schedule 2013" and "Military Flights 2012". You could save this as 'ai-flights-1.bgl' (or whatever). Later you may do another compile and this time also include "Military Flights 2012" with any others. If this is saved as 'ai-flights-2.bgl', then, clearly, you will get double flights with all military AI. T360 will not check this for you - you probably need to keep a log of what you do!
Aquilam View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquilam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 2:23am

AI disappearing is almost always down to having an old FS9 AI BGL file in the system - these quite often come with old sceneries. Again, I recommend AIFP as this has a facility for finding FS9 AI files and even converting them to FSX...
I used AIFP to convert the legacy FS9 AI BGL files to FSX and that did the trick. Thanks for the tip! Smile
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 7:54am
Only too pleased to be of service.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic