This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A340-600 Altitude sets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windqaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A340-600 Altitude sets
    Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 10:50pm
Hello I'm new here. I just received and installed the A340. I just wanted to fly around just to get a feel of the plane. But I can't set the altitude button. It just stays blank. How do I work it. Thank you Syd
hifly View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 4:55pm
Been a while since I flew the 340 but IIRC you have to turn the knob to set the Alt and then press it.
Must Fly!
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 10:28am
Been a while since I flew the bus as well.

However... if the window is blank I recall it's in "managed mode". In other words the FMGC is controlling the altitude.

If you want to initiate an open climb, then dial in the altitude and "pull" the knob. The bus will then climb to the selected altitude without honouring any altitude restraints programed into the FMGC.

On the other hand, as Geoff said, if you wish the FMGC to control the climb or decent, then you push the knob in and the window should stay blank.

As I said, it's been a while, so I may be wrong. Best advice is to thoroughly read all of the manuals that came with the product, in particular, try any tutorial flights.
windqaz View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windqaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 6:55pm
Thank you and sorry for the late respone. I've been away lately. 
So 2 questions.
1)how do you push/pull the knobs? 
2)Where in the manuel does it talk about this?
3)How do you sweitch from NAV to GPS mode? 
Thank you
windqaz View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windqaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 7:02pm
BTW where can I find the tutotial flights? Thanks again, Syd
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 3:05pm
Which product? Who's the developer?

My only experience is with quite dated products. In that case it was right and left mouse click.

I dont know how detailed your product is, but there is no nav/gps mode in an Airbus. The FMGC (Flight Management and Guidance computer) has access to GPS, Inertial Reference System and also VOR signals, but there is no specific gps/nav mode. It's simply managed or open mode. It's not necessary to switch to a specific nav mode when intercepting an ILS therefore.

You may have a so called "lite" product, in which case the systems may be simplified. In that case your manuals are the way to go.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic