This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > L-1011 TriStar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IAS mode not working?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flycdn89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IAS mode not working?
    Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 7:39am
Hey guys, I believe I have a pretty good understanding (At least I think.....!?) on how the IAS mode selector should work, coupled with the AP. It's suppose to adjust the aircrafts pitch accordingly, in order to maintain proper speed in a climb/descent. Right!

My aircraft does not do this.

It does take 100% control of the elevator function, however, the characteristics are unpredictable and sporadic.

Example, if I trim and power the aircraft during the climb, and set the IAS mode to maintain 250kts, I will activate the IAS mode selector. If it were to maintain 250kts +/- 10kts, this would not be a concern of mine, I would be happy.

HOWEVER, the aircraft will slip below 250kts, and continue to pitch up, reaching a vertical speed in excess of 6000+ fpm. Without intervention, the AP, will allow to stall.

Sometimes (in a climb), the AP will believe that the aircraft is too slow, and continue to pitch down (vice versa) with the inability to correct itself. reaching operating speeds well above max maneuvering, prior to intervention.

I read the manuals, I hope I'm missing something... thanks!
flycdn89 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flycdn89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 3:52pm
Sorry guys, disregard!

I discovered that the IAS mode will not function unless the ALT SEL is armed, how embarassing!

Safe Landings!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic