This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pr3d 2.5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pr3d 2.5
    Posted: 02 Apr 2015 at 5:39pm
Are we nearly there yet?
Sirxamoc View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sirxamoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 2:28pm
If a version comes out for Version 2.5 I hope it is better than MyTraffic.  I bought the latest version, installed it, worked with it for about 2 weeks, and this weekend completely removed it.

Why you may ask?

First let me say the eye candy was great. Lots of planes (all in hi def) at airports and traffic abounds, once Aerosoft helped on the install (helps if your instructions are written for those that did not design it)!

Now the part I hope JF listens to, I like many others just want to hit the install button and after a few minutes of the loading bar filling up, we want to fly and expect to see traffic.

Next, we want our frame rates to be almost what they were before installing your program.  MyTraffic takes a terrible toll on frame and rate and in my case caused stutters.  Now I know that stutters is not a new issue to P3D for some, but for me with V2.5 I was in hog heaven!  Then I installed MyTraffic and my frame rates of a rock solid 30 went to 15, when I was around major airports the jitters came on like a person with palsy trying to drink a beer.

Finally, when you are responding to others on how to fix something that really should not need to be fixed, remember, they did not write the code, they just paid for a product with the expectation that it will work and one other thing, traffic in a flight sim is to convey the illusion of what the real world is like, but you know what, when I flew in the real world, yes I saw the big shiny plane in front of me, but I did not look at every detail on that plane, it was big and I did not want to run into it.  If details and minutia cause a sim to slow system down then please consider it an issue versus an artistic leap!

Sorry for the rant, but you guys do make good sim add-ons, please be better than what is out there already.  I went back to World of AI, no stutters, good traffic, and my blood pressure is back under control.
Sina View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 3:53pm
I just installed Traffic 360 with the migration tool (chose fsx installation) with P3D 2.5.12944.0. It worked without having to change anything.

There were no noticeable drop in framerates (i7 4790, 16GB, GTX 750ti)having set traffic to 60 airline, 50 GA and medium airport. Add-ons: Rex 4 Texture direct, FSC9, FS Global Real Weather, Ultimate Terrain. Usually flying A2A and RealAir GA planes.

I just wanted to share that.
Sirxamoc View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sirxamoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 4:24pm
Sina, thank you for the update, I will give it a try tonight!Big smile
wain View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 5:04pm
installed without migration tool and just had to enter the simobjects line like I put in a previous post... works fine...
Sirxamoc View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sirxamoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 2:09am
Just wanted to say thanks.  I purchased JF360 a few days ago and have been completely satisfied. Works like a champ and does not pull my FPS down unless I really want full saturation.  Great product.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic