This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - UK2000 VFR Airfields Southern England Demo Release
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK2000 VFR Airfields Southern England Demo Release

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UK2000 VFR Airfields Southern England Demo Release
    Posted: 08 Apr 2008 at 10:55pm
Hey guys!

I've been regularly checking the UK2000 site after the announce of the VFR Airfields packages and found that they've nove released a demo featuring a couple of airports in South England - including: Southampton International, Denham, Old Sarum, Kemble, Bodmin, Middle Wallop and Portland.  I've visited a couple of these in my Twin Otter X and they are very well modelled, certainly an improvement from the default FSX airports.  I also use JF's excellent VFR Real Scenery and it seems to merge quite well, although at some airports there's a slight colour mismatch, as it's best suited to Horizons who modify their colours - but I'm not starting another argument regarding that .!  I also noticed in the manual for the demo it says it's important to set your mesh complexity to 5m, as opposed to the 10m you should set for VFR Real.  Not sure exactly what the aim of this is for, but I used 10m and both seem to work fine.

The day when we can get detailed GA airports for FSX has finally arrived!

Click here to visit their site where you can download the demo
Kind regards,
Tom
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic