This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Hardware
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FSX & Traffic X/Traffic 360

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedbird002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FSX & Traffic X/Traffic 360
    Posted: 16 Mar 2015 at 11:16am
I have read the various threads and am still none the wiser. I have tried everything suggested to get Ryanair showing at either Dublin (Mega Airport Dublin add-on) and Stansted (FS Default), always without success. Whatever I do whether uninstalling or reinstalling, changing the settings for traffic values, reducing same to nil and just trying General aviation option - still the same option - no Ryanair in existence.

Did try the Ryanair aircraft.cfg files but when I attempted all I get is another box (window) saying the following:-

"Adobe Reader could not open 'texture.cfg' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded"

I run FSX and have both Traffic X and Traffic360 - but do not install both traffic versions as I try to use just one at a time to see the one that works best for my system.

I have various add-ons - mainly airport add-ons - and (generally)I have no problem with them and they appear to work fine.

I have been trying to grapple with the Traffic and missing airlines not showing at the appropriate airports for ages and have also tried to get the correct call signs - regarding the latter I have finally solved that bad bug by getting EditVoicePack and finally I can use correct call signs.

However it is nothing short of frustrating that Traffic and Just Flight could not resolve this problem. The Traffic packages are good and what I would expect from Just Flight, more so when they are using UK, GB and Europe airports - but then again surely they should be getting that right as they are principally UK based!

Apologies for the verbose nature of this topic - but having spent so long over the last few years and hours upon hours trying to sort it out, please everyone understand my utter frustration at a flawed product.

I have also noticed that TrafficX/Traffic360 (whichever I have installed at the time)do not show in the scenery library - but it still seems to work!!!!

It must surely be in everyones interest, and Just Flight in particular, to address this, and maybe one day they will be able to reissue any next version of Traffic so that it works properly and as intended.

I run my own business and in offering a service and product I make sure that it works as intended, otherwise I would be very disappointed.

I would welcome any further assistance for now that anyone can offer so that I can get Ryanair (and some other airlines) showing properly when I use Traffic at aiports you would not only expect to see but would find it odd in the extreme if they did not show.

Thanks for your patience reading this sad missive.
maddog View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maddog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 4:19pm
You need to right click on the Aircraft.cfg and choose  "open with" then choose Notepad.
Tick the "always use the selected program to open these files" box

.CFG files are plain text files that Adobe cannot open
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic