This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > L-1011 TriStar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RAF Tristar APU

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stretch1365 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RAF Tristar APU
    Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 7:26pm
Hi,

I have just upgraded to the Tristar Pro and have a couple of questions regarding the APU, Namely where is it. I looked through the manual and in the end gave up and loaded a civilian Tristar with the APU panel just where it should be. But I can't find it in the RAF version.

Also I am surprised the cockpit lighting works off of the one control knob, unless I am doing it wrong. Is this something that might be updated in the future?

I also read somewhere that there is an icon to show me the V speeds, but I can't find it anywhere.

Apart from the above things, I have to say the new version is a whole lot better to fly then the original Tristar, thanks for making such an effort with this version.
Happy Flying

David Phillips
gporzio View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gporzio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 8:01pm
The same here. No APU master switch, just the battery switch.
stretch1365 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stretch1365 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 9:51pm
Hi gporzio,

I have been spending some time in the Tristar today and can only find the APU controls in the 2D panel accessed through the tick box found in the top left corner of the screen when your in the VC view. 

I think it might be a fix around, because in the RAF version the refueling drogue controls are in the place where the APU controls are in the civilian models. 

Hope that helps some.

Happy Flying

David Phillips
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic