This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F27 Friendship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fokker F-27 Friendship Preview

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flightsim481 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fokker F-27 Friendship Preview
    Posted: 18 Feb 2015 at 10:35pm
Thought you guys might like to see a quick preview for this bird :-)

http://youtu.be/ne7k-ip2gv0

RobdeVries View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobdeVries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 3:23pm
Indeed! But I like it more if this bird would be released. What's holding it up?
Rob de Vries
snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by RobdeVries RobdeVries wrote:

Indeed! But I like it more if this bird would be released. What's holding it up?

Getting it right, one would hope...

Such impatience does you no credit.
flightsim481 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flightsim481 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 10:23pm
Hi RobdeVries,

I'm not part of the Just Flight team, so I'm afraid I can't give you any answers but personally, given the completeness of the pre-release version in my preview, I can't see it being much longer.

Thanks,
Rich
donnybalonny View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donnybalonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 2:01pm
Let the man ask when it comes out. It said february release, so i think its natural to be a little bit impatient. I´m that as well...
Thanks for the preview. It looks great and now I´m even more impatient.Clown
NitroUK View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NitroUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 6:10pm
A fantastic pre relase video by Flightsim481... i for 1 cant wait as i love "Quirky Old Birds!"

P.S how do i become a beta / pre release tester? im disabled and housebound so have oodles of time on my hands...

Best wishes Glenn Wellstead
Air Nitro Inc.

Haulin loads across europe
flightsim481 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flightsim481 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 6:47pm
Hi Glenn,

Thanks.  I kind of 'fell' into the world of pre-release stuff, and there's no one route to get access.

My email is flightsim481@gmail.com and if you give me a shout I'll tell you what happened for me.

Rich
o0spyder0o View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote o0spyder0o Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2015 at 2:03pm
Great video, thanks for that.
RemcovanR View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RemcovanR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2015 at 2:31pm
This one has just been released. I'm having troubles though... The actula aircraft doesn't appear after installing it and started it in FSX. Anyone having the same experience??
Regards, Remco
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donnybalonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2015 at 4:26pm
I dont have it yet, but since I had similar problems with another Justflight/Aeroplaneheaven product, I would do the following:
1) contact JustFlight
2) make sure you have simconnect.dll installed.

Btw, are you using FSX or P3D
RemcovanR View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RemcovanR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2015 at 4:30pm
Im using FSX. I'm getting all the help from JF Support team. I just hope it is going to work. As a Dutch guy, the F27 is an alltime must for me.

Regards, Remco
FabioL View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FabioL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2015 at 4:43pm
F27's were equipped with weather radars, and I believe that there's one by the pilots side.
Is this operational on the JF F27, or would it be possible to map a third party wx radar gauge in its place?
Thanks,
Fabio
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donnybalonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2015 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by RemcovanR RemcovanR wrote:

Im using FSX. I'm getting all the help from JF Support team. I just hope it is going to work. As a Dutch guy, the F27 is an alltime must for me.

Yes of course. Thats very understandable and I´m sure you´ll get to run.
The problem with JF/AH products is that costumer service goes a bit slower, because you contact JF, who contact AH who contact JF, who contact you .
I dont know if AH makes direct support on this one. You could always try. They have a website.
williamfrey45 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote williamfrey45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 4:00am
After months of waiting, I downloaded the Fokker 27 and there is already a problem. I don't have a complete airplane. About 60% is missing, I don't know if this can be fixed. I made a check of the files, everything is in order. My lap-top is unable to put together a complete airplane. It could be hard drive, or not enough memory.
I had this same problem with the Cessna Citation, the plane would appear incomplete in the FSX window. But, some how the problem corrected it self and I get a complete plane. I guess the frustration comes the fact that this product is something you download and if something is missing, you cant sent it back.
I don't think the problem is the downloading, it is quick, less then 2 minuets. I would like to send a photo of the plane, if that would help.
I still think it is my computer that is unable to put together a complete airplane.
WilliaM:)
williamfrey45 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote williamfrey45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 4:48am
Update. I downloaded the F-27 again. Same problem, incomplete. I did make an attempt to fly it. The 3-D cockpit is complete, all instruments are there. The weird thing, I started the engines...when the props start to spin, the hub disappears. I cycled through all the external views, incomplete plane. It looks like I am not the only one having this problem.
WilliaM:)
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donnybalonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 7:12am
Strange enough, as i wrote, I had fixed the invissible problem with the JF/AH Chipmunk. BUT, yesterday I loaded it again and it was invissible again.  My last AH product, the Globe Swift completely deleted my main effects folder when uninstalling. Aeroplane heaven recognized that it was their fault, but my effects folder is emptyDead

So, I´ve been waiting for the the Fokker 27 for month and I´m not going to get it at least for now. The 2 products that I have which were made by Aeroplane Heaven came with serious problems.
A shame, because the F27 looks sweet.

I hope that JF costumer service gives you guys the help you deserve.
RemcovanR View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RemcovanR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 8:53am
William, did you contact Support? I hope you did, just to make clear to Just Flight that something is seriously wrong with this release.
Regards, Remco
snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 9:30am
Originally posted by williamfrey45 williamfrey45 wrote:

Update. I downloaded the F-27 again. Same problem, incomplete. I did make an attempt to fly it. The 3-D cockpit is complete, all instruments are there. The weird thing, I started the engines...when the props start to spin, the hub disappears. I cycled through all the external views, incomplete plane. It looks like I am not the only one having this problem.

Provide system specs and what other (scenery) addons you have installed. Sounds like your system cannot keep up  - it's perfectly normal for the aircraft to have delayed display of parts as it first loads the textures , but after a few seconds it should be complete. if you have actual disappearing textures i.e. they appear then disappear, that is almost always a resources issue.
FabioL View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FabioL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 1:55pm
It doesn't sound like the aircraft is at fault, insofar as other users have installed and run the aircraft successfully.

I would suggest that as you have had a similar experience with other add-ons, that there may be a shader issue on your system, as if it's not being drawn correctly (ie. It's all there but your system isn't drawing it on screen) as opposed to sections of the aircraft missing due to an installation problem. If the installer was this corrupt, I'd expect it to not run at all.

Try deleting and regenerating (rebuilding) your FSX shader cache (Google it to finding how), and try again.

You mention a laptop; what is the configuration of this (CPU, speed, RAM, video card) as generally laptops cannot run FSX as well as more powerful PC systems.

JF support are generally good, so definitely contact them.
TheMan_RJ View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheMan_RJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 3:08pm
Paint kit? :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic