This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > English Electric Canberra PR.9
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Engine Failure issue?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiosutra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engine Failure issue?
    Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 6:21am
Hey gang! Maybe one of you great peeps can help me.

upon a flight I had accidentally shut the fuel feed to one engine.  When I attempted to restart the engine in question, the starter starts the engine but locks the throttle that matches said engine. The temp gauge wont register and I have no control over it unless I again shut the fuel off.  Any ideas?

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2015 at 3:17pm
Please contact our support team (http://www.justflight.com/support-contact) if you are still getting these problems after installing the latest version of the product (SP3). 

If you have already submitted a ticket then please reply to that existing ticket.
nmurray View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nmurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 10:05am
Just a guess on my part but perhaps a better approach would have been to turn back on the fuel and try a relight rather than ‘ground start’ procedure. I think your Start Master and Ignition would be ON anyway so you should only need to use the relight. According to the manual this is on the throttle lever. Note: I have not tried any of this myself (haven’t come that far).
kiosutra View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiosutra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 3:42pm
I followed the procedure by the checklist and manual. And the same issue arises. I have confirmed the same things with 5 other users. Engines cannot be restarted/re-lit in flight. 

You can even have the relight switches engaged  during an approach and the aircraft will ONLY relight once both of the main gear touchdown. 

Im just dissapointed that this was not tested before release. Considering the amount of realism that most of the other systems and procedures employ. Engine flame-outs were quiet common on these A/C so a working procedure would be more realistic 

Jake

nmurray View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nmurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 8:09pm
I tested now with Canberra SP2.
While airborne and using mouse control in the virtual cockpit, I pulled RH throttle completely back to the stop. I then right-clicked RH throttle, this should turn-off fuel, which it did (there was no power available from the starboard engine). I then dragged RH throttle forward past the stop and back to the stop. Pressed relight and after a short delay the engine restarted and I was able by mouse control to set engine RPM. The RPM and Fuel use gauges functioned but the JP Temp gauge was 0. During the same flight, I repeated for the LH throttle and this went okay but with the same result. However both the JP temperatures gauges now read zero. When I landed the temperature gauges started to function again.
So I agree with you that something changes when the aircraft lands, I my case, the temp gauges started to function again and I was finally able to use joystick throttles.
kiosutra View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiosutra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 12:05am
Very interesting! I appreciate the time taken to test and report those results! I will attempt to see if I have similar results. I do have SP2 but I want to replicate what you are getting. 

I can not express enough the appreciation I have to the thorough response!

Jake

kiosutra View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiosutra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2015 at 4:26pm
Ok, I was able to finally replicate your senario!

So the question is, will this issue be resolved? Or has the PR9 been left on the shelf?  And, the numbers that appear on the bottom of the 2D throttle? 

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2015 at 1:47pm
Sorry for the late reply. As mentioned in the forum 'sticky' this isn't a support forum so we can't promise to spot every thread. 

Quote Engines cannot be restarted/re-lit in flight.

Are you making sure to use the re-light buttons (the black buttons located on top of the throttle levers) rather than the normal starter buttons that are used on the ground (page 105 in the manual)I've tested it here and the engines are starting correctly in-flight. Make sure to switch on the electrical starters before pressing the re-light buttons.

Quote And, the numbers that appear on the bottom of the 2D throttle?

We'll be issuing an update shortly to fix this issue.

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
nmurray View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nmurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2015 at 9:15pm
Martyn,

I believe everyone means the (black button on the throttles) when they are referring to the re-light button. I have tried switching-on the relevant 'Electric Start' (not Engine Start Master) and it has not made any difference. I do not regain control via joystick throttle on the stopped engine (other joystick throttle is okay) and temp gauge does not function until the canberra lands.

When you tested can you explain the procedure you used, how you simulated the engine failure and the steps you went through to restart the engine?

When you say that justflight will be releasing a fix will this cover both problems, re-light and the numbers on the 2D throttle?
kiosutra View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiosutra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2015 at 10:24pm
I have the same issue as nmurray had described. The when and if I do get the engine to relight, the throttle acts as if it is "jammed". The temp gauge no longer works until landing. And I need to correct myself. The numbers appear on the Autopilot 2D panel, Not the Throttle.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2015 at 3:17pm
Please contact our support team (http://www.justflight.com/support-contact) if you are still getting these problems after installing the latest version of the product (SP3). 

If you have already submitted a ticket then please reply to that existing ticket.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic