This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No UK Traffic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No UK Traffic
    Posted: 01 Jan 2015 at 12:37pm
After installing 360 correctly and generating FPlans etc, I have no UK traffic whatsoever. In the Presets there is no EG bgl at all. I have no Birmingham FPlans nor Exeter or Leeds to name a few. I do however get traffic at gatwick. I had installed UK2000 VFR but uninstalled hoping that it may have overwritten some files. I am baffled now as to why I cannot get most of the UK plans installed, and why they are so widespread. What do I need to do to get ALL Uk airports to have traffic please. Not wanting to create some yet but rely on the ones contained within the installation of 360.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2015 at 6:54am
You say you have no UK traffic whatsoever. Is it just the UK? Do you have traffic in other countries, such as the USA for example? What about other parts of Europe, say, Germany, France, etc?

You also say you uninstalled UK2000 VFR. If it did overwrite some files, as you suggest, then did you consider reinstalling Traffic 360? Reinstalling Traffic 360 may put back any files that were potentially overwritten or are now missing as a result of the uninstallation of UK2000 VFR.
jjaycee View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2015 at 8:11am
I only found traffic at Gatwick. I randomly tried Dubai and Dublin and there was traffic there in abundance as i had set the traffic to 100% in FSX to make sure I was not seeing traffic because of a low setting.
I have uninstalled, reinstalled over half a dozen times now. Last night I uninstalled it again and reinstalled UT2... boom , no problem at all. I then installed TrafficPlusPakX Military as a standalone install , as advertised, but no military traffic at Brize Norton UK largest base. TheXPak installs flight plans which are in scenery/world/scenery, it installs planes in simobjects/misc. But no aircraft at Brize Norton. The fsx cfg has by default the entry simobjects/misc, so i felt there was no need to add anything. No military planes turned up. I then tried putting the planes into their own folder " TrafficPlusPakX" and entered that unto fsx cfg but still nothing.
All this started because i wanted military planes in the sim.
jjaycee View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2015 at 9:58am
Further to my recent post, I checked the version of Traffic360 that I downloaded on Xmas day. I clicked the Traffic360 programme and looked at "properties" It says the Product version is 1.00.000 is that correct? I ask because i had thought there would be a different number if it included a service pack released later than the original. Justflight state that if you bought the product after 2013 you did not need the service pack 1.09.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2015 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by jjaycee jjaycee wrote:

I only found traffic at Gatwick. I randomly tried Dubai and Dublin and there was traffic there in abundance as i had set the traffic to 100% in FSX to make sure I was not seeing traffic because of a low setting.

So there's traffic at Dubai and Dublin. I will therefore assume there is traffic elsewhere in the sim as well ... New York, Shanghai, Tokyo, Moscow, etc. If yes, then I'd say Traffic 360 is installed correctly and working fine. And, subsequently, that would indicate your fsx.cfg and other files and their folder locations etc are all correct. As for military traffic, I'd get the normal AI working first, and then move on to the military traffic ... work on one problem at a time.

OK, so, with traffic in Dubai and Dublin, and potentially in New York, Shanghai, Tokyo, Moscow, etc, the question really is this ... why is there no traffic in the UK, and ONLY in the UK? Logic seems to indicate it has to have something to do with the UK2000 VFR scenery installation.

A possible clue/answer may lie in the fact that FSX's AI traffic files are special files with a .BGL file extension, and some AI traffic programs and some scenery packages install and/or use an OLDER STYLE version of the .BGL format. And, here's the critical part, FSX is only capable of supporting one of these AI traffic .BGL files in the old format. If you have more than one AI traffic .BGL file that is in the older format, then FSX will disable any other traffic.

However, I would have thought that this meant ALL traffic would be disabled ... meaning you shouldn't have traffic in Dubai, Dublin (and New York, Shanghai, Tokyo, Moscow, etc). In other words, I would have thought that if FSX was going to disable any traffic, it would be worldwide, rather than just localised (to the UK, in this case).

Nevertheless, it won't hurt to check your "C:\...\Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery" folder and search for an AI traffic .BGL file that may have been installed or left behind by the UK2000 VFR product (even though you uninstalled UK2000 VFR, it may have left one or more files behind). The Traffic 360 AI traffic .BGL file will be called something like "Traffic360.bgl" (and is in the newer .BGL format), and FSX's original AI traffic .BGL file (that has Orbit and Pacifica airlines etc) would have been renamed by the Traffic 360 installation to something like "TrafficAircraft._bgl"). Those files are the ones you DO want to keep. Depending on any other add-ons you may have, there could also be plenty of other .BGL files in that folder (scenery files) ... you are specifically looking for AI traffic files, and not scenery files ... so just be aware of that.

I'd suggest you do not DELETE any files in that folder (in case they ARE needed). Instead I would simply remove them from that folder to a temporary location, or, just rename them in a similar way to how FSX's original traffic file was renamed by the Traffic 360 installer ("TrafficAircraft._bgl" ... note the underscore character). This way you keep the files as backups in case they are actually needed.

I am not suggesting this is the answer to the issue. I'm am really only guessing. But, it is something you can check.

===================================================

As for your question about the Service Pack, I don't know. But, it won't hurt anything to download and install it, just in case. And, as an added bonus, doing that might end up fixing up your problem.

RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2015 at 11:15pm

After installing 360 correctly and

OK let us accept this is true ...

...generating FPlans etc,   

are you saying that you have been into the Traffic Movements page and created 'some compiled files'. If so , what did you do exactly?

In the Presets there is no EG bgl at all. I have no Birmingham FPlans nor Exeter or Leeds to name a few. I do however get traffic at gatwick. .......

I am not sure I understand what you are saying here. "EG bgl" - what are you looking for?. In the 'Presets' all you should have are loads of .tcc files for all of the various airlines, airforces and country-by-country VFR traffic. It is these that get converted to BGL files when you do a compile.

To help you, we need more information on what you have done INSIDE Traffic 360 as your situation sounds as if you have compiled some Flight Plans that do not include all of the things you say are missing.

EDIT: When you first installed Traffic 360, did you look at your English airports in FSX BEFORE you did anything in Traffic 360 as, when it is installed, a bgl file (Traffic360.bgl?) is put into the correct position in FSX and will place loads of aircraft at the vast majority of airfields in FSX? Perhaps a new re-install may be a good idea?

A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2015 at 9:48am
OK - had more thoughts on this subject.

I have had UK2000 installed on my system for years without it having ANY effect on my TrafficX EXCEPT that I have had to arrange the Scenery Library order in FSX to ensure that I get the airport designs that I want to see ( I have got UK2000 HIGHER than TrafficX ). UK2000 AFCAD's have not caused any problems - they sit in their own directories and just add to the general local VFR in the UK (using default FSX aircraft of course).

Note to Freddy = I am surprised that you are not flying over to the UK to use some of our lovely, small country airfields! OK I am sure Australia also has lovely airfields too.

The original FSX AI traffic file (containing Orbit, World, etc) was, I believe, "TrafficAircraft.bgl". When you install TrafficX or 360 it renames this to "TrafficAircraft._bgl" and adds a new file "TrafficX.bgl" or "Traffic360.bgl" as the case may be. This populates the whole world, including the UK with masses of AI flights, including quite a lot of military. I was under the impression that the Military Pack was an addon to the main program (not a stand alone) but I could be wrong as I don't have it.
Do a full un-install of Traffic 360 using the supplied un-Install program (failure to do it this way will not restore some files back their original status and changes to the "fsx.cfg" and "scenery.cfg" will not get undone). Check that you now get Orbit and World Airlines at your UK airfields and only then re-install Traffic 360. Now check that you get normal traffic everywhere BEFORE you 'fiddle around' inside Traffic 360. Many users have come to grief due to the poor quality of instructions included in the Manual
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2015 at 9:54am
Just been on JF web site and noticed that the Military Packs are stand-alone and do not need the base Traffic 360 apparently.

Same recommendation though - do a full uninstall of Traffic 360 before doing anything else.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2015 at 11:31am
Originally posted by RayM RayM wrote:

Note to Freddy = I am surprised that you are not flying over to the UK to use some of our lovely, small country airfields! OK I am sure Australia also has lovely airfields too.

Hehe.

There's plenty of great country and outback airfields here in Aus. And the boys at FTX (ORBX), as well as the guys at OZx scenery, both continue to keep churning them out. Throw in the sheer size of this country, and you've got plenty to find and see here, just plenty.

And then there's New Zealand ... easily accessible from Australian airports ... now THAT is a lovely place to explore and fly.

RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2015 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by freddy freddy wrote:

There's plenty of great country and outback airfields here in Aus. And the boys at FTX (ORBX), as well as the guys at OZx scenery, both continue to keep churning them out. Throw in the sheer size of this country, and you've got plenty to find and see here, just plenty.

And then there's New Zealand ... easily accessible from Australian airports ... now THAT is a lovely place to explore and fly.

Right now (looking out my window - cold, dark, miserable and very wet) going green with envy!
jjaycee View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2015 at 3:25pm
Thanks for all your suggestions above. I now have it working after a full reinstall of FSX and 360. By the way Traffic 360 includes the Military pak. I am disappointed however at the lack of military traffic at brize norton, UK's biggest airfield. I remeber I used to have lots of planes there on an old install of TrafficX and the military pluspaks, but now I only have 3 max at the main area and 7 or so static behind buildings at he far end of the base. My trafic settings are maxed at 100% for both airlines and VFR. I have no idea how to increase it. I agree that the Traffic Control centre seems very complex to me. I itried adding a plan for an E-3 aircraft deoparting Brize at 9am. The plan installed correctly, saved, compiled, but no such flight at Brize at 9am. Where am i doing wrong. Remember I am also using UK2000 and have removed UK2000 flight plans for Brize.
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 10:22am
Re Brize Norton - try adding several SMALLER AI aircraft and see if any of these show up. I presume you still have your settings (both) at 100% for these tests.
Unfortunately I cannot check anything physically on my set up as I am in the process of carrying out a complete re-install of my simulator as, as of yesterday, FSX refused to start up at all!
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 12:08pm
jjaycee,

Great news that you got it going! And, yes, I agree with Ray that you can try adding aircraft (using Traffic 360) to Brize Norton. After all, Traffic 360 is not just a program that provides AI planes in the sim, it is also a program that allows YOU to add/edit/modify the AI to how you want it. Want aircraft at Brize Norton? Then Traffic 360 provides the means and the tools for you to do it. Just remember that after adding and editing flight plans you need to do a COMPILE of the AI traffic database so that your changes will appear in the sim.

==============================================

Ray,

Bad news on the sim not working and requiring a reinstall. Look at the positive ... your sim will be clean, untarnished, and will probably run better as a result. That is, until you start manipulating it again ... as we do, of course.

jjaycee View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 8:42am
Thanks for all your help. I am new to 360 as you can gather ! regarding populating the military base, I need some guidance if possible. I did add flight plans but must have made an error regarding the times (GMT) that i entered. I created 3 flights all for around 9-915am but only 1 flight actually moves. Is there a required time delay between flight needed? I cannot seem to get the traffic flow i want which is similar to a regular commercial airport where you have  a constant stream
of flights all taxiing and queuing to leave. Any idea what I have to do? Forgive my ignorance here but I do find the TCC not exactly easy to understand regarding setting flightplans. I also would like to know if it possible to install static planes just to fill the place up a bit.
Any help greatly appreciated.
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 9:13am
So only a partial success, eh.
May I suggest that you experiment using the TCC by adding several small aircraft at a default FSX airport, say Edwards AFB in the USA where I am sure there will be loads of available parking spots for F-18's etc. This should avoid any limitations of any airfield you are currently trying to use.

I often schedule several aircraft to depart at the same time and going to the same destination - they will actually fly in formation after about 5-10 minutes after taking off. The aircraft will take it in turn to get ATC clearance, start up, taxi out and take off. You can schedule as many aircraft as you like to depart at the same time.

One way to achieve more 'static' aircraft (this is one of Freddy's ideas) is to schedule some aircraft to depart to a close destination and return but do this in the middle of the night when you are not likely to be at the airport yourself. These aircraft will just stand at the parking until the following night but will make the airport look more populated.

Remember that all of the times you enter in the TCC are LOCAL to the airport. When you go into FSX, make sure you set the time to the same LOCAL time and you should see your AI. But, I am sorry to say that Traffic X/360 and FSX time variations (+/- UTC) do not always agree so you might have to change your FSX time by plus or minus 1 hour to ensure that your aircraft appear. I often go to the airport 2-3 hours before they are due to depart to ensure that I can find them.

Lastly, I will repeat Freddy's advice that after modifying any schedules you MUST re-compile to see the changes.
jjaycee View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 2:10pm
Thanks I iwll try what you say. Regarding the Compile. I notice that when i do that in the TCC when it is writing the data a CMD type black box appears. The cursor or space bar just blinks, but if I go into the JFlight folder in FSX root diectory and go to teh TCC and use the compiler the same black window appears but I can se all the data being written. Is this OK or should i not see the same activity in the TCC outside of the FSX root directory. Hope you understand me!
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 5:31pm
The black CMD box is perfectly normal and just means that Traffic is using an 'old-fashioned' program file that needs to open a DOS-type window - you may not be old enough to remember these! Just wait until the black box disappears and the message "Compile completed" (or whatever it says) appears. You should then have a new file in the 'FSX\Scenery\World\scenery' folder.
Let us know how you get on.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 10:24pm
Further to Ray's informative comments ... if you want to populate an airport so that it has regular aircraft departures, and regular arrivals, all happening all day, as per a real airport, then you need to add LOTS of planes to the airport. Adding, say, 20 planes to a large airport is not necessarily going to be enough as, depending on the scheduling that you've set, 10 of those planes are not going to be seen at any one time at the airport because they would have taken off and will be flying to their respective destinations. So, by adding 20 planes to the airport, you effectively really only see 10 of them at the airport. Again, this all depends on how you do your scheduling, but I think you can see what I mean.

There are a few ways to add "static" aircraft to an airport. I see Ray has mentioned the method that I personally prefer. Set a plane to take off daily at, say, 2:30am and fly to a very close airport. Get that plane to return straight back from that airport at the earliest time possible. Set no other times for this plane. The result is that the plane will sit at your airport, all day and well in to the night, never moving. The only time you won't see it at your airport is that period just after 2:30am when it takes off to fly and return to/from the other very close airport. But, because that is in the middle of the night, when you're in bed asleep and not using the sim, you won't ever see this. In other words, in the middle of the day when you ARE using the sim, the plane will be there, parked on the apron at your airport (and thus you have your "static" aircraft).

There's no required time delay that must happen between separate flights. As Ray said, you can indeed set planes to take off at exactly the same times as each other. The AI in Flight Sim can be a bit "fussy" sometimes and I have experienced the exact same phenomena as you have ... planes that should take off, sometimes refuse to take off. But, the next day, they work fine and take off without any issue whatsoever. Weird. However, I will repeat what Ray said about times ... set the time to the same LOCAL time and also be aware that Traffic X/360 and FSX time variations (+/- UTC) won't always agree. As Ray says, you might have to change your FSX time by plus or minus 1 hour (sometimes more) to see your aircraft and observe it taxiing and taking off etc. But, all of that said, if one of the AI planes that you've added yourself are actually working, then it sounds like you are adding/editing/compiling the flight plans etc correctly.

For some additional reading on how to set flight plans it is worth noting that Traffic 360 is based on, and is therefore very similar to, Traffic X. I would therefore suggest you download and read the Traffic X Tutorial on how to make flight plans. Here is a link: Traffic X Flight Plans Tutorial. And, as we've already said many times, after you do your edits, you must remember to do a COMPILE so that your changes will appear in the sim. (Note: the Traffic X Flight Plan Tutorial does neglect to mention that important fact.)

jjaycee View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 8:38am
freddy many thanks. The manual appears very similar but there is a point in the TrafficX manual that appears but I cannot see in 360 options. There is a piece about editing a RAF flight plan in the Editing a Flight Plan section. It says to select Armed Forces united Kingdom from the Airline/Carrier list. I do not have that option. The only choices i have ever seen are
 1. "Unspecified carrier,jf_OTHER. All", 
 2. LTU.LT. Germany.
Maybe I have not labelled my military flights correctly as the dropdown choices have never changed their option of only those 2 I have listed above.Any ideas?
Pathfinder1` View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pathfinder1` Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 1:45pm
Hi, You are right about the traffic 360 manual being different to the traffic, unlike Freddy I did buy 360, but soon went back to trafficX, to me 360 seems to be a cut down trafficX, I am way behind Freddy and RayM in knowing about sorting out FSX traffic, I like to clear the airfields I use of aircraft, so that I can get parking spaces for my flight plans, and as you say traffic 360 does not give you a lot of choice, in trafficX you have all the air lines, VHF traffic for all countries, and armed forces for all countries, so it does give you more chance to modify or delete flight plans,
so I find it is possible to manage flight plans, With a bit of help
from Freddy and RayM,
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic