This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Setting Traffic Radar Operating Modes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HamsterDR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Setting Traffic Radar Operating Modes
    Posted: 26 Dec 2014 at 7:35pm
The Control Tower View has a traffic radar which (according to the manual) has four operating modes:  Off, Global, Horizontal, and Vertical.  How do you change these modes???  The manual is silent on this, there are no buttons to push - so I can't change anything.  I am missing something obvious, right?  Where are the controls?

David
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2014 at 10:59am
Originally posted by HamsterDR HamsterDR wrote:

The Control Tower View has a traffic radar which (according to the manual) has four operating modes:  Off, Global, Horizontal, and Vertical.  How do you change these modes???  The manual is silent on this, there are no buttons to push - so I can't change anything.  I am missing something obvious, right?  Where are the controls?

David

On my installation it works like this.
Look at the radar screen and, down the right hand side, there are 7 'buttons'. From the top - ON/OFF, Global mode, Horizontal mode, Vertical mode, Increase Radar range, Decrease Radar range and a 'dead' button. These all work as expected for me.
The 'same' buttons on the control panel do not function although they look the same.
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
HamsterDR View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HamsterDR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2014 at 6:21pm
Thanks!  That works.  It would have been nice to have this documented in the manual....

David
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2014 at 10:41am
Originally posted by HamsterDR HamsterDR wrote:

Thanks!  That works.  It would have been nice to have this documented in the manual....

David

Glad to help. You join the list of users who have found the Manual to be less than helpful in many ways!
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic