This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Traffic 360 and FSX-Steam Edition

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HamsterDR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traffic 360 and FSX-Steam Edition
    Posted: 26 Dec 2014 at 5:02pm
I understand that Just Flight doesn't officially support Traffic 360 for the FSX Steam Edition.  However, I think I have gotten it installed and working (even if you point the install to the FSX-SE directory, the installer doesn't seem to add the correct references to the FSX_SE.cfg configuration file (I had to manually add the correct reference to the simobjects section of the configuration file).

I can see the JF "sporty" and "control tower" airplanes in the select aircraft dialogs, so I think it is working.  However, how can I tell for sure that it is working correctly?  It seems to take a _long_ time for the ai airplanes to start showing up. I do see the "real" aircraft in the simulator (e.g., SWA at KLAS and KBUR), but it takes 15 minutes or more for activity to begin (at KLAS).  At KBUR, the SWA planes just sit there.  I have Traffic slider set to 100%.  I understand the scheduled SWA flights are going to be less frequent at KBUR but I expected some activity.

The other strange thing I have noticed is when I put the "tower" at the end of KLAS 25R (the active runway), planes taxi to the end of the runway and just sit there.  They never taxi onto the runway and take off.  What happens is that the lead plane just "disappears" and then in a few moments I hear and see a plane flying over me (at 500 feet or more above me) and leaving the airport.  I think these are the planes taking off.  As I am sitting at the end of the runway, that doesn't make any sense.

Anyway, help would be appreciated.  And, I hope Just Flight updates the installer to work with FSX-SE (and Prepar3D V2).

David
wain View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2014 at 6:05pm
I installed360 into FSX SE and it was working fine, I just installed as normal and made no config changes, all seemed to be fine, today however I had an issue with something and had to start Fsx SE againand reinstalled it, all goes well but not an aircraft in sight, I may reinstal and leave for half hour or so and see what happens. I have heard of the things you are saying where you dont see them take off, but that was in FSX not SE.

I dont never use 'spotty or tower@ so I cant comment on their behaviour. Would like to get this sorted as it is very boring with no Ai traffic, makes FSX SE as bad as P3D.

Wayne
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic