This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No Ryanair traffic at Stansted?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andreas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No Ryanair traffic at Stansted?
    Posted: 13 Dec 2014 at 7:51pm
Hi! I just picked up UK2000 Stansted scenery since I thought it would be a great starting-point for flying to continental Europe with Ryanair but to my big surprise and disappointment, there is no Ryanair ai traffic there at all with Traffic 360. I see a lot of Easyjet, Buzz and others but not a single Ryanair flight. I have the latest Traffic 360 version installed and it hasn't been modified in any way. Does anybody know how I can get Ryanair traffic working?

Cheers/Andreas
Andreas View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andreas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2014 at 7:58pm
Wow! Just checked Dublin airport, not a single Ryanair plane! This is really poor. It's like one of the biggest airlines in Europe and it's not even representing two of it's biggest hubs with Traffic 360. Can this be fixed somehow or am I just missing something?
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2014 at 6:31am
I have Traffic X, not Traffic 360. "Ryanair" is in Traffic X under the name "Ryanair (RYR)". I would thus assume Ryanair should be a simple one to find in the Traffic 360 Traffic Control Centre, if it's there.

If you can find Ryanair in your Traffic 360 Traffic Control Centre, then you can look at the flight plan schedules therein to find out which airports the planes fly to/from, and at what times.

If, after checking the schedules in the Traffic 360 Traffic Control Centre, you determine that you need to add (more) Ryanair planes to these airports, then you can do so. Don't forget that if you do add/edit flight plans, you must COMPILE when you are finished so that your new/modified flights appear in the sim.
Jim View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2014 at 5:03pm
Hi Andreas.
I have Ryanair at Stanstead with Traffic 360.

Regards Jim.
wain View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2014 at 8:22pm
I have a=Ryanair in 360 too....
Andreas View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andreas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2014 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by Jim Jim wrote:

Hi Andreas.
I have Ryanair at Stanstead with Traffic 360.

Regards Jim.

That's interesting, which flightplan/schedule are you using? I'll try to re-install to see if it helps.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 4:38am
Andreas,

If others DO have Ryanair traffic at Stansted, as they are confirming, then your issue may be something to do the UK2000 Stansted scenery that you have recently installed.

Disable that in your FSX scenery library, or, uninstall it ...

Then, after doing that, close and re-run FSX with that still disabled/uninstalled to see if you now have Ryanair traffic at Stansted.
Jim View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 10:00am
Hi Andreas,I just installed Traffic 360.I haven't done anything else.As Freddy says you may have other problems.
Jim.
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 11:10am
Originally posted by Andreas Andreas wrote:

Wow! Just checked Dublin airport, not a single Ryanair plane! This is really poor. It's like one of the biggest airlines in Europe and it's not even representing two of it's biggest hubs with Traffic 360. Can this be fixed somehow or am I just missing something?

Like the other guys, I suspect something is wrong with your Traffic 360 files.
Like Freddy, I only have Traffic X but as far as I know it is very similar to Traffic 360. If you go into the TCC (Traffic Control Centre) of Traffic 360 and click on "Flight Plans", and, under 'Airline/Carrier' scroll down the list to see if you have an entry "Ryanair,RYR,Ireland". If not then your installation has gone wrong, whereas, if it is there, then have you used the "Traffic Movements" button which is where you go to create a new compiled version of the flight plans, which is what FSX uses to show AI? If so, you may have created a newly compiled file but accidentally only compiled a limited number of the available schedule lists.
If the "Ryanair,RYR,Ireland" file shows in the listings then you could, under "Traffic Movements", just compile this one on its own, to create a .bgl just for Ryanair. This will then allow FSX to display these AI.

If you are a relative newcomer to Traffic 360 and find the Manual less than helpful then you will be joining a long queue of users, dating back to Traffic X, who have had difficulties trying to work out how to use the various facilities offered by Traffic X / 360.
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2014 at 2:32am
Originally posted by RayM RayM wrote:

If you are a relative newcomer to Traffic 360 and find the Manual less than helpful then you will be joining a long queue of users, dating back to Traffic X, who have had difficulties trying to work out how to use the various facilities offered by Traffic X / 360.

I'll add a sub-text to what Ray's said here ...

It may be true that you might join that long queue of users who have had difficulties in the past trying to work out how to use the various facilities offered by Traffic X or Traffic 360 ... but do not get discouraged and do not despair.

Sure, the manual and the interface could probably be better, and you may initially feel that things aren't working correctly ... but stick with it and give it a chance ... you'll soon come to realise that Traffic X and Traffic 360 do in fact work fine and they both greatly enhance the enjoyment and realism of the sim, whichever one of the two you are using.

And, the bonus is that if you do have the desire or need to go that extra mile adding and editing AI, or simply just want to look up AI flight plans and understand how the AI works in your sim, both Traffic X and Traffic 360 definitely provide the tools, the features, and the means for you to do so.

Andreas View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andreas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2014 at 4:58pm
Fixed it! I did a re-install but it didn't help so I turned up the VFR traffic (usually I have it off) and violá! There were the Ryanair planes. It's kind of weird that you have to have the VFR slider turned up to see tubeliners, as long as it works I guess. Thank you all for your help!
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2014 at 11:56pm
Interesting. VFR. I agree that's kind of weird having to set the VFR slider up to see those aircraft. But, as you say, as long as it works ...
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2014 at 8:51am
Originally posted by freddy freddy wrote:

Interesting. VFR. I agree that's kind of weird having to set the VFR slider up to see those aircraft. But, as you say, as long as it works ...

Yes, but I wonder if any other Traffic 360 users are getting the same situation?

Jim, it sounds as if you did not have any problems with Ryanair AI at Stansted, etc. If you reduce your VFR traffic in FSX to 0%, do your Ryanair AI disappear? (I cannot do this test as I am still only a Traffic X user but am still interested in the workings of Traffic 360.)
Jim View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2014 at 10:29am
Hi Ray.
Reducing the slider by half I only had one Ryanair visible,back to 100% plenty.
Jim.
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2014 at 11:29am
Originally posted by Jim Jim wrote:

Hi Ray.
Reducing the slider by half I only had one Ryanair visible,back to 100% plenty.
Jim.

Strangely interesting! Sorry to keep asking but, when a Ryanair plane is preparing to leave a parking spot, does it use a Ryanair callsign e.g. "Ryanair 5135" or similar, or does it use the aircraft registration?
Jim View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2014 at 6:50pm
Cant help you on this Ray,I haven't noticed any A1 aircraft moving at Stanstead.
Jim.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2014 at 10:12pm
Ray, I see where you are going with this. I actually thought along the same lines, but thought it best to just leave it all alone as it was working now. But, by you doing the follow up, you have re-sparked my interest.

In the Traffic X forum, in the Circuits Until topic, I mentioned a post by Jim Vile that I had seen on another forum. (Jim has a well-earned reputation as being an expert in this kind of stuff) ...

Copied below are Jim's words:

=============================================

Just for clarification the atc_airline= is not just for an ATC airline call sign. The line entry atc_airline= places that type of plane in the FSX Airline slider. Remove that line and the plane will now be part of the GA slider. atc_airline= can be blank; it does not require a name.

atc_id=N737T
atc_airline=
atc_flight_number=

For the example above, ATC will call the plane by the tail number N737T. But if we add a flight_number ATC uses that. Add the airline name, and ATC will use that instead (if available in the FSX lists) to call the name. Its all based on a building system of what lines exist and then what is placed in those lines.

=============================================

Jim's post was talking about how to get ATC to say certain things ... but in relation to our discussion here it would be a good idea to check the Ryanair's aircraft.cfg files and see if they have the atc_airline entry. They DO have that entry in Traffic X, and therefore I would suggest they will also have it in Traffic 360 ... but it is worth checking all the same ...

RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2014 at 10:55pm
Jim,

if you have read Freddy's latest comments, are you up to looking at the "aircraft.cfg" file for the Ryanair aircraft?

Please don't do this if you are unsure but if you are happy to look in - \FSX\Simobjects\Traffic360\JFAI_B7372. Open the 'aircraft.cfg' by left clicking on it. Scroll down until you see an entry similar to "title=JFAI_TX_B7372_RY". A few lines below this will be a line "atc_airline=   ". Is there anything immediately after the equals sign (on the same line)?

This would be very interesting to know but, AGAIN, if you are not used to looking through these files then please don't worry about doing what I am asking.
rockon01uk View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockon01uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 1:26pm
Hi just seen this post and had the same problem with Ryanair, amongst others like some military etc, that they only load if the GA slider is used. Also ATC calling them by their tail number and just calling them Boeing as type of aircraft i.e. not 737-200

Had a look at the aircraft.cfg file and for Ryanair there are a few liveries and have the lines:-

atc_airline=RYANAIR COMPANY LIVERY, atc_airline=RYANAIR HERTZ LIVERY, atc_airline=RYANAIR KILKENNY LIVERY etc

So I take it we can just take out the livery name from the relevant line and just keep it as atc_airline=RYANAIR ?
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by rockon01uk rockon01uk wrote:

Hi just seen this post and had the same problem with Ryanair, amongst others like some military etc, that they only load if the GA slider is used. Also ATC calling them by their tail number and just calling them Boeing as type of aircraft i.e. not 737-200

Had a look at the aircraft.cfg file and for Ryanair there are a few liveries and have the lines:-

atc_airline=RYANAIR COMPANY LIVERY, atc_airline=RYANAIR HERTZ LIVERY, atc_airline=RYANAIR KILKENNY LIVERY etc

So I take it we can just take out the livery name from the relevant line and just keep it as atc_airline=RYANAIR ?

This information is very strange indeed and may possibly be the cause of Ryanair aircraft being 'controlled' by the GA slider. I would expect that all of the "atc_airline=" entries should just contain RYANAIR as per your last sentence. it will not do any harm for you to edit them in this way. If you look at the aircraft.cfg file for, say, the A321 aircraft, what are the entries for "atc_airline=" in this file - are they simply airline names or otherwise?

For military aircraft, the entry normally is "atc_airline=Air Force" so that they are always called by the name "Air Force 316" or whatever, in a similar way that that you should be getting Ryanair aircraft being called "Ryanair 2315", i.e. "Ryanair" plus the flight number.

The other problem that you mention about not calling the aircraft a Boeing 737-200 but just a Boeing is another possible problem with entries in the same "aircraft.cfg" file which we had better leave for now until we get the main bit sorted out.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic