This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > L-1011 TriStar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adding/Removing Liveries

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adding/Removing Liveries
    Posted: 12 Dec 2014 at 6:02pm
How do I remove some of the standard liveries or add more repaints. Every time I make any adjustments to the Aircraft.cfg file to remove some of the aircraft then none of the remaining ones are shown in the sim even though I have renumbered them correctly in the cfg file.

Also what are the aircraftSTD.cfg, aircraftHD.cfg and CfgGenhd2.exe used for?
CaptainIFLY View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainIFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2014 at 4:42pm
Wanna watch removing Standard Default Just Flight Aircrafts from your Folder Structure !!

Some other Aircraft Liverys / Paints depend on those Standard Aircraft to support the other Aircraft liverys file wize !!!

Very Important !!!

Example - you'll notice in some Aircraft Texture files you'll see a File name'd - Texture.CFG - That file is whats known as the Fall Back Texture File, telling that 1 paint livery to fall back to the MAIN Textures of the Main Aircraft,

what its saying is, use the cockpit textures and any other Aircraft textures with this other paint livery for a complete Aircraft.

Reason for this is so each single Aircraft doesn't have to have a boat load of redundt un-necessary files in each folder that are all the same.   

1 MAIN Aircraft Folder can support 50 other Paint liverys , by using that 1 file called Texture.CFG ,,, which is the Fall Back File info, directing it to the Main Aircraft Texture Folder for which it relys on those files for the cockpit and other necessary files.

So, becareful what you delete you could end up deleting several other paint liverys as well !!!

Capt. I-Fly / Jetranger
Mike70 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2015 at 2:37pm
So to complete answers to his (and my) curiosity,
WHAT IS the purpose of those arcane files in each type folder?? -

aircraftSTD.cfg
CfgGenHD2.exe
CfgGenHD2.flg

As of now, this thing loading up is like watching paint harden - then in any view I switch to - same thing. Frame rate around 3.0 sitting on the ground.

All my other hi-end payware works fine: PMDG, Captain Sim, other JF products like the DC-8s.

Apparently these files allow some tailoring of the complexity of the airplane but no discussion with interaction or use in the manual.
Mike70 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2015 at 2:52pm
I forgot to say I have FSX Gold or whatever (SP2 embedded), Windows 7, i5 quad core and a 2gb video card (Toshiba generic in an all-in-one).
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2015 at 3:29pm
Hi Mike,
For the fps problem check that you aren't running FSX in compatibility mode. Untick the box by right clicking on the FSX.exe and going to the Compatibility tab.
The extra files in the Tristar folder are so that the livery pack installer can rebuild the aircraft.cfg to add new liveries, but also retain any custom liveries that may have been added by users.
Mike70 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2015 at 5:41pm
U'dah man!!

Worked like a champ.

By the way, not your problem, but weird.

When I right clicked on the actual fsx.exe file in the FSX root directory, I got a drop down menu vice a tabbed arrangement. There is a selection regarding compatibility, but no direct way to modify FSX that I can see.

On the other hand, right clicking on the FSX Icon on my START Menu DID open the tabbed interface you are talking about.

Not your issue, but may help others.

Thanks much --
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic