This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > L-1011 TriStar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Almost there...but not quite

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richcam427 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Almost there...but not quite
    Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 7:35pm
After installing the latest SP, the aircraft is getting there, but not quite. Here's a few more bugs I found during testing.

This has already been submitted to JF support, I just wanted to get some feedback to make sure I'm not crazy.

1. There are many functional light controls (glareshield, overhead, floods, etc.) but only one functional switch for all interior lights; this gets quite annoying clicking a bunch of switches that do nothing then suddenly one switch turns everything on.

2. Still too much thrust needed to taxi; the aircraft just feels like it's trying to get out of a pit of quicksand when trying to taxi it. Hard to explain, just doesn't feel right.
Peter HKG View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter HKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 9:17pm
during taxi I had the same problem, but Martin from support wrote me, they are working on it. In my case the Saitek Pedals are the reason and I get a fire warning before take off because the breaks are not off during taxi. I tried to change the settings with/without FSUIPC and the calibration in FSX, but this didn´t help in my case.
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 9:32pm
The taxy problem is an odd one. On my system, the aircraft needs 40% N1 to get moving at max weight, then idle is enough. However, it appears that for others that same set of files need upwards of 70% N1 to get moving. I've made an 'educated guess' in adjusting the relevant parameters (gets me up to take off speeds at idle but gets others moving at around the correct figure) and hopefully that update will sort out the problem for those who currently need large amounts of thrust to taxy.
TangoEcho View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TangoEcho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2014 at 9:50am
It is in the .air file.
Peter HKG View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter HKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2014 at 10:20am
Just checked my orders and I saw there is an update, download now version 103.
Thanks to the developers, they work hard and fast.
Peter HKG View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter HKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2014 at 12:35pm
but need minimum of 70% thrust for taxi, this didn´t change. Smile
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2014 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Peter HKG Peter HKG wrote:

but need minimum of 70% thrust for taxi, this didn´t change. Smile

You shouldn't need 70% N1 to start moving now unless you are in an overweight aircraft (e.g. the RAF K1/KC1 default payload). If that isn't the case, please drop the support team an e-mail.

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Peter HKG View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter HKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2014 at 1:21pm
thks, I will try again in the evening. Maybe I changed to many with FSUIPC and I reset it first before new tests.
TangoEcho View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TangoEcho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2014 at 1:57pm
Martyn, as I said earlier, it is in the .air file. I tried the original .air file in the Pro and the stuck brakes go away.

Flying very well now I can taxi to runway and take off. Have done my first auto landSmile

Tom
Peter HKG View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter HKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2014 at 2:00pm
Perfect, taxi now without problems. Thank you very much for your help.Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic