This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > L-1011 TriStar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Throttle and the alarm

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sirxamoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Throttle and the alarm
    Posted: 05 Dec 2014 at 2:52pm
First this is a great product!  This is what a shall be unamed competitor should have done months ago, that even allowed on their forums the discussion that merges your aircraft with thier panel.  Just Flight is now the first one on my who to look at first list!

Now the problem, which is most likely something simple.  I have the bird lined up, ready to go and the second the power levers move past the half way point I get an unsafe take-off condition alarm.

Gear is down
Flaps are set
CG is within limits
Weight is below max
Brakes are off

But yet after a dozen tries I can not make the alarm stop until I either pull back the levers or I break ground.

I first tried to solve the problem with the operators manual, but it is basic and sketchy.  I then searched for other sources of knowledge and had a few recommendations but none made the alarm go away.

Does fuel in respect to what tanks can be empty and what tanks are used have a direct effect on the unsafe take-off alarm?

Oh!  I have already spread the word about this bird on Delta VA's forums.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2014 at 3:29pm
From memory the only things that you should trigger the unsafe takeoff warning are listed in this support FAQ - http://www.justflight.com/support/tristar-professional/ebde853

Can you submit a ticket to the support team and they will get you to send over some screenshots so we can look into this? http://www.justflight.com/support-contact

Thanks
Martyn - Tristar dev

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Sirxamoc View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sirxamoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2014 at 2:22am
Thank you for the help, it was the Spoilers, I found for some reason I have to hit the / key to fully retract.
Parachute View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Parachute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 11:19am
Hello,
I cannot get this alarm to stop ringing, no matter what I do. I have the flaps set between 18 and 22, I have the elevator pitch set above 2 and below 8, and finally, I have the spoilers fully up.

Is there anything else that could be causing this?
TailSpin View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TailSpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 8:32am
Have you set the Barometric correction indicator and cabin pressures correctly on the engineers panel?
speedbird438 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedbird438 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 10:19am
Have you trimmed it properly?
Over 20 year FlightSim P3DV4, XP11 FSX
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic