This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

copiling problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: copiling problem
    Posted: 04 Dec 2014 at 8:58am
Computer fixed now new hard drive FX running beautifully now. doing flight plans saving them ok but cant compile, when I press the compile button nothing happens how can this be fixed. And also how do you fix the wide body aircraft to park in the right gates at Melb, all other cities seem to be fine.
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2014 at 10:49am
Darren,

when compiling, is it possible, in the Traffic Movements screen, to select just ONE of the 'Airlines / Carriers' and compile that to a bgl file? I suggest you pick one that uses just 1 aircraft with just a few schedules.
When doing a full compile and you click the compile button, look at the lower part of the Traffic Movements screen where it says 'Messages' - does it scroll through the Airlines/Carriers and then stop at a particular one? (Note that during this action, this text 'sticks' on 'TX_VFR_USA' as it is a big file - give it a chance to finish.) If so, select All of the Airlines/Carriers and then deselect the one reported in the above message and try again.

Let us know how you get on.

If Melb is the only airport where you are having parking problems, then it sounds as if your scenery for Melb is at fault - is it the FSX default or an addon?
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
Darren View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2014 at 11:51am
Hi Ray, ok I will try that thanks. As for the parking at Melbourne I have the FSX default add on.
Darren View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 12:51pm
Hi Ray worked out the parking problem, that was copying and pasting the aircraft con fig files from the traffix folder into the sim objects folder now aircraft are parking where they are suppose to park. As for the compiling and it works after it has finished its asks me do I want to fun this file which I still don't understand what that is all about. 
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Darren Darren wrote:

Hi Ray worked out the parking problem, that was copying and pasting the aircraft con fig files from the traffix folder into the sim objects folder now aircraft are parking where they are suppose to park. As for the compiling and it works after it has finished its asks me do I want to fun this file which I still don't understand what that is all about. 

Interesting! Just what did you copy and paste and from exactly where to where? Not sure I like the sound of this action.

Compiling - you go to the Traffic Movements section of the Traffic Control Centre.
"Countries" - you have them all 'ticked'?
"Aircraft types" - you untick some e.g. gliders, rotorcraft,etc?
"Airlines / Carriers" - you 'Select All' or just those you want?
"Compile Traffic X flight plans" - click on this?
In the "Saveas" (which should be listing "\FSX\Scenery\world\scenery") box - either create a new name or select 'TrafficX.bgl' to overwrite the original?
Click on "Save"?
WAIT until you get a "Finished" message? (Ignore all until then.)
Click on "Exit"?
Click on "Exit" and you should be done and the new file will be in "\FSX\Scenery\world\scenery" waiting to be read by FSX.

When you do this, what exactly happens that I have not described?

Also to advise that the YMML layout that you will be seeing is not the default FSX one (which does not have any parking codes attached to the parking spots) but the one supplied in Traffic X which does have parking codes attached to many of the parking spots, which means that some, but not all, aircraft will park at pre-designated spots if they are available. These rules will apply only to aircraft belonging to Jetstar, Qantas, Qantas Express, Singapore Airlines and Virgin Blue only. Other airlines will park randomly wherever they can.

Darren View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 1:16pm

Hi Ray, it took a while to work out but I used Traffic X Wing Width Fix using data from http://www.flightsim2004-fanatics.com/FlightSim/FSXWingSpanValues.htm

Author: Jon Murchison

and what I did was to open up the traffic folder with all the aircraft in that folder and copy and then paste each aircraft config file into the sim objects folder in the FSX game, that's all I did and now I don't have A380s parking at the domestic gates at Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane and I am seeing more aircraft landing at airports, and that's how I fixed the parking problem mind you it took me a fair while to figure it out. As far as the compiling goes I have done everything you have described  but however once the compiling has finished it asks me if I want to run this file and all that file is , is just a black blank  screen, I don't know what that does or I don't know what it is suppose to run. Every thing you have described in your answer I do when compiling. I have not seen any of my flight plans  I have done and I have also changed aircraft at some airports eg YPPH has a lot of MD 83 in Qantas colours I have changed them to 737-300s but they still appear in the MD 83s and I even changed the United 747s to 777s but they still appear as 747s so some thing is not working, but anyway the main thing I nwanted fixed was the parking and that's how I did it.
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 4:17pm
Yes, we have all been thru the incorrect wingspan issues in the Traffic X aircraft config files - glad you've got them sorted.

If your compiling stops at the on-screen 'Black Box' then I'm afraid you have some sort of installation problem. Normally when you Compile, Traffic X calls up a DOS executable file which operates in the 'Black Window'. Various messages should appear in the Traffic X window whilst the 'Black Box' exists on screen -
"Writing Aircraft"
"Flight plan saved"
"Traffic database completed"
'Black Box' disappears.
"Finished" message in Traffic X.

What, if any , messages do you see?
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 6:54am
I initially misread what Ray was saying, thinking he was talking about messages in the black DOS window. Clearly he isn't. But, because I was silly enough to misread his post, I thought I might just re-emphasise the following: The messages are seen in the TRAFFIC X window, as the compile progresses ... NOT in the black DOS box.

Yes, as Ray asks, what messages, if any, do you see?

And ...

... you say that after the compile has finished it asks you if you want to run a file, and all that is is just a black blank screen? I am not sure what the heck that is. When the compile is finished, the black DOS window closes and it's done. Traffic X is still running, so you might choose to do more edits or whatever, or you can simply just close Traffic X and run FSX. You're good to go. But, I've never had it ask me if I want to run a file. Never. Are you able to provide a SCREENSHOT of that, via one of the free image upload web pages?

Darren View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 10:21am
Hi guys, and good to see you again Freddy Smile and hope you are well to Ray. when its compiling I don't see this black box its only when the whole compiling is finished and its gone through all the airlines and the countrys, then at the end of that this black box comes up there is no writing on it at all and then asks me if I want to run the file I have noticed in the heading something about presents what ever that means I will try and learn how to do a screen shot and put it on here for you both to have a look. Thaks again guys.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 3:34am
Ahh. That kind of possibly makes some sense. Here's what is supposed to happen, followed by what I think might actually be happening for you ...

After you click the "Compile Traffic X Flight Plans" button, the program will go through all the airlines and countries, displaying these on the screen as it goes through them, exactly like we described above. Then, after it is finished doing that, the black DOS box window will appear. The black DOS box window will stay on the screen, with no words or details appearing in it, for a short period of time after which it will simply just close. When the black DOS box window closes, you will see the word "Finished" in Traffic X. Your compile is now finished/done.

Now, BEHIND THE SCENES, when the black DOS box window comes up, Traffic X is actually running a BATCH file. The BATCH file tells the compiler where the flight plan files, lists, data, and other presets are. All of those were actually being created and saved whilst Traffic X was going through all the airlines and countries, and was displaying those on the screen. These files, lists, data, etc all contain the information needed for the compiler to do the compile, and so the compiler must know where to find them. The batch file also tells the compiler whether it should display information on the black DOS box window (or not), what the resulting AI traffic filename should be, and a few other important bits and pieces.

You say that the black box comes up, with no writing, and then it asks you if you want to run a file and you've noticed in the heading something about presents (I will assume you mean PRESETS, and not "presents"). To me, this sounds like the batch file is indeed running (hence you see the black DOS box window), but the details in the batch file are pointing to the wrong path location(s) meaning the compiler cannot find the flight plan files, lists, data, and other presets that it needs. So I am guessing that the batch file stops at that point ... and that is what you are seeing.

This would happen if you innocently moved Traffic X on your computer to a new location but didn't modify the batch file accordingly (because you didn't know you had to), or, if you have actually edited/modified the batch file and it now has incorrect information in it. I doubt you've edited/modified the batch file, so I'll guess perhaps you've innocently moved Traffic X at some stage.

If my theory here is right, then this should be a fairly easy fix. You can do any one of the following things:

1) Move Traffic X and its folders back to their original location. Or ...

2) Edit the batch file and modify it so that everything points to the correct path and folder locations. Or ...

3) Do a reinstall of Traffic X so that everything just falls in to place. Note that with a reinstall you would possibly lose any of your own Traffic X flight plan modifications that you've done.

RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 12:04pm
Freddy,

yes I agree that the Traffic X installation may have been 'moved'.

Darren,
it might be helpful if you could look (using Windows Explorer) in the following location -

\TrafficX\presets\data\schedules\compiler

and tell us what you see. Mine is like this -

countries_regions.csv                    30.08.2006
TrafficDatabaseBuilder.exe             10.05.2007
_compile.bat                                 18.06.2008
AircraftTypes.csv                        
Airports.dat
Schedules.dat
log.txt
Traffic.bgl

The last 5 files should be dated for the last Compile that you attempted.
If there is a "log.txt" file what sort of messages does it contain?
Darren View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 12:37pm
Hi Ray I have every one but Traffic X user
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 12:44pm
Darren,

are you getting satisfactory results when you re-compile?
Darren View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 12:50pm
Well its compiles ok but I have not seen any of my flights yet tomorrow night I will check Honolulu I created an Air New Zealand flight to there will see if it works.
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 3:33pm
Don't forget that when doing TX/T360 compiling, a traffic density value is added to each schedule which may be a higher value than what is set in your FSX.
This would mean that you will not 'see' any that have this higher value unless you temporarily(?) set your FSX traffic density to 100%. But, of course, if you set FSX to 100%, your airport may get 'overloaded' and, again, you might still not see it.

Complicated isn't it?   
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic