This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 through 70
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LOW FPS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henningv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LOW FPS
    Posted: 01 Dec 2014 at 10:47am
hej just flight,do you  have in mind to do something about low fps issue,when banking  i can see other users have the same problem,so i think you most have read it ,but my questing is ,do you have in mind to do something with it,or maby you can tell me you allredy work on this and other bug on this very nice looking plain i talking about 50-70Angry
bombacimulayim View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bombacimulayim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 11:53pm
Almost 3 month and we are waiting service packThumbs Down
henningv View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henningv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 12:39am
i dont think it comming, never Censored
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 10:05am
It's coming. As has been stated a few times now. The team responsible for the DC-8 service pack are the same team busy working on the F-27. As soon as the F-27 is released they will turn their attention to finishing off the DC-8 service pack. 
Bob57 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 7:24pm
Rich very disappointed, that we have to wait, so the developer can sell another product, before fixing the one we all paid good money for. Bob
moters View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 10:03pm
Well that is very disappointing will have to put off other purchases from just flight till it is satisfactory. Love the plane hate fps drop.
Bob57 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2014 at 6:12pm
Moters, I agree I will not be buying from Just Flight or Just Trians until I have a working DC-8! Rich please check, I have, over the years, purchased many products from Just Flight/Trians, really not happy with the length of time for this to be addressed. Bob
bossmiranda View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bossmiranda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2014 at 8:37am
Yes they should first finish this product well done and then go to the next product,this is not a good "MODUS OPERANDI" for any business,because then you take out the F-27,and when the F-27 problems came,you are working with the DC-8 and then you going to have costumers unhappy with the F-27 also,and that`s going to happen and continue over and over,you have to make 2 teams of development,1 for the DC8 and 1 for the F-27...this is how should be done.Angry
henningv View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henningv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2014 at 9:43am
, I agree ,what i got for my money is 1 big bug a useles aircraft,i hope this guys turn there head to dc8 soon,but i doubt.
boeing1 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boeing1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2014 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Bob57 Bob57 wrote:

Moters, I agree I will not be buying from Just Flight or Just Trians until I have a working DC-8! Rich please check, I have, over the years, purchased many products from Just Flight/Trians, really not happy with the length of time for this to be addressed. Bob

Same here, disgusting lack of customer care, I will not be buying any product from JF until the DC8 is fixed.
Kevin Kyle
ARMIDALE
buspelle View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buspelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2014 at 7:17am
I totaly agree! Never ever a product from From Just Flight again, last time ever I purchased something from them was this DC-8! Crap!
Pelle
flyforever View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2014 at 4:37pm
I thought  the DC8 had so much potential when it first came out. The few bugs and users' requests could have been addressed quickly, and this plane would probably be a best seller in the classic airliners category.  For example, for the life of me, I don't understand why they go through the trouble of simulating an autopilot that for flight simming purposes is not practical.  In real life, a plane can be flown from departure to landing in IFR conditions manually( I am a pilot). In FSX, this is practically impossible. Thus the need to rely on a good autopilot---even when it does not represent what a real aircraft would have.  My point is that the most successful companies listen to customer's feedback to enhance their products. It's a small price to pay for lasting success.
In fairness to JF, their technical support has always been responsive via email.  The disconnect is between a JF product when it's first released and the finished product as users provide feedback.
tony
FV
Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2014 at 4:51pm
Hi everyone

Firstly, we're sorry that the DC-8 is suffering from these FPS issues and we’re equally sorry that it’s taking such a long time for us to produce and release the update that we hope will remedy the situation.

Anyone who wishes to claim a refund for their DC-8, maybe you want to do this and then re-purchase when the update is made available, by all means send us a ticket via the usual method at http://www.justflight.com/support and we’ll get your refund organised right away. It’s also your prerogative of course to boycott future Just Flight/Trains products if you’re not happy with the service/products, that’s entirely your call.

But I must point out although supplying an update for the Dc-8 is a high priority for us; it’s not always quite that simple. Ideally the developers will have moved onto work on the F-27 and at the same time been able to work on and provide the update for the DC-8. That’s not happened due to a number of reasons but mainly that the F-27 work has taken longer than we’d hoped but also the frame rate issue isn’t something that’s a simple fix. It requires extra research, work and testing and it’s simply not commercially viable for us to park the F-27 and to continue work on this update until it’s finished. Aware it might seem that simple but honestly it’s not (if only we carried the extra resource). As I say it’s certainly a priority, I can assure you of that and we hope to be able to bring it to you as early as possible in the New Year.

For now I can only thank you for the patience you’ve shown and I repeat that the offer of a refund to any of you due to dissatisfaction with the product as it stands, does remain.
bossmiranda View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bossmiranda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2014 at 7:34pm
Ok Sr thanks for the honesty and for that I just going to put my DC-8 in a hangar,until the SP came out,good luck.
Bob57 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 6:51pm
Thanks Just Flight for the update. I do not want a refund, but a flyable DC-8, I also will wait for the Service Pack. I would also like to purchase your upcoming F-27. I spent time as a pack rat for Lambair, on this plane. Flying across the Artic in the early 1970's, great plane. But will wait to see if it is also buggy. Bob
moters View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2014 at 6:36am
that's good to hear same as others just want to be able to use dc8 and also waiting for F-27 See if buggy also. On a good note the dc8 and dc6 Seem to work in fsx steam edition. No smoke though.
Joeflyer View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joeflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2015 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Voice of Reason Voice of Reason wrote:

Hi everyone

Firstly, we're sorry that the DC-8 is suffering from these FPS issues and we’re equally sorry that it’s taking such a long time for us to produce and release the update that we hope will remedy the situation.

Anyone who wishes to claim a refund for their DC-8, maybe you want to do this and then re-purchase when the update is made available, by all means send us a ticket via the usual method at http://www.justflight.com/support and we’ll get your refund organised right away. It’s also your prerogative of course to boycott future Just Flight/Trains products if you’re not happy with the service/products, that’s entirely your call.

But I must point out although supplying an update for the Dc-8 is a high priority for us; it’s not always quite that simple. Ideally the developers will have moved onto work on the F-27 and at the same time been able to work on and provide the update for the DC-8. That’s not happened due to a number of reasons but mainly that the F-27 work has taken longer than we’d hoped but also the frame rate issue isn’t something that’s a simple fix. It requires extra research, work and testing and it’s simply not commercially viable for us to park the F-27 and to continue work on this update until it’s finished. Aware it might seem that simple but honestly it’s not (if only we carried the extra resource). As I say it’s certainly a priority, I can assure you of that and we hope to be able to bring it to you as early as possible in the New Year.

For now I can only thank you for the patience you’ve shown and I repeat that the offer of a refund to any of you due to dissatisfaction with the product as it stands, does remain.

I went through extensive testing on this frame rate issue with Just Flight. It came down to the HSI being the culprit in the 10-40 series. If anyone wants to test this, they can disable the HSI in the panel.cfg in the -20 series and find out for themselves. But, I think it's disingenuous of JF to not send out a revamped HSI to those who are experiencing low frame rates like I did months ago. The 50-70 series also suffers the same issue....and, I was told (after testing it thoroughly with JF's help) that there is nothing JF can do about this one....because there are other developers involved in the construction of the gauges. WHY NOT? I narrowed down the causes of each FPS problem for both packages and JF continues to put off customers by telling them it's not that simple to provide a new HSI....at least for the 10-40 series. Maybe JF is planning on incorporating additional fixes to the DC-8 series well beyond the HSI problem, but at least JF could do a much better job in communicating this to customers.
Joeflyer
C208 Cargo Driver
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2015 at 9:11pm
There is more to the service pack than just the HSI. However, I've had a word and we are looking into getting the HSI out as a hotfix.
Capt Pugwash View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Capt Pugwash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 7:49am
Hi Rich, I would really welcome a "hotfix" as soon as possible, this bird has sat in my hanger since purchase and first flight for far too long... if you need me to see if it solves my dismal FPS with my DC8 50-70, I would be happy to test an interim fix. Cheers, Shaun
i7 930 @4.3, GTX970-4gb, 1TB EVO SSD, H100i Water-cooler, 12gb ram, Win7 64bit, Warthog Hotas, Saitek pedals & panels...
moters View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 8:23am
Hot fix would be great at least then can use the plane.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic