This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problems at EGPK

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problems at EGPK
    Posted: 16 Oct 2014 at 11:23pm
Harry,

As I said, any AI which requires a parking spot of 18 Metre or less can appear on the Traffic X version of EGPK - Concordes only need 15 Metre parking spots so could well be there. My schedules call up B747s and DC-10s so I have had to add a load of larger parking spots to allow them to visit. B737s and A319/320/321s will all appear as required. My AI are now going to runway 03 and behaving as expected following my changes.

This is an area that Just Flight took very little care over when formulating this product. I have been spending a load of time sorting out similar situations on airports all over the world - as has our colleague Freddy. Because of this work neither of us want to upgrade to Traffic 360 in case all our work gets undone by the move.

ADE is a freeware airport design software that allows us to modify/enhance/correct and generally mess around with airport layouts should we so wish. It is really useful and mostly simple to use. My time splits between flying, modifying AI schedules and modifying airports/airfields in a roughly 20:40:40 ratio. Once you get going it is very difficult to stop!

Ray
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2014 at 1:04am
Good work Ray on finding the issue at EGPK. I did think that maybe the hold short node may be a bit too far from the runway start point, but I didn't write that in my post yesterday because I wanted to investigate the AFCAD first before going in to too much detail. You beat me to it.

Yes, I do spent loads of time editing and fixing things in the simulator. Probably too much time. Hehe. However, I love it. I consider it to be just another part of the hobby that I enjoy.

As Ray says, ADE is freeware airport design software. Ray also says it is mostly simple to use. I'd agree with that but would add that it becomes mostly simple to use AFTER reading the extensive manual (which, for a freeware product is EXCELLENT!) and then mucking around with the software to see what it can do and understanding how to achieve the results you're after. In other words, there's a bit of a learning curve. But, if you enjoy this kind of thing and want to get a "buzz" after making fixes and changes and then seeing how everything now looks great in the sim (or better than before) and also works exactly as you expect it to, then the learning curve is very much worth it.

Warning: Editing, fixing and working on airport AFCADs can be addictive. Trust me, I know.

Pathfinder1` View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pathfinder1` Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2014 at 6:33am
Thank you Ray And Freddy for letting me know that the problem at EGPK was not a problem that I had caused, and it would not have helped me reading the manual, My parking seems ok at EGPK I have put 2 A380 there with the Concord and 737. I have a copy of 360, but I use Traffic X because I seem to have more control of other traffic clogging up parking at airfields, 360 clogs up parking with small private aircraft,
Harry.
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2014 at 8:42am
Harry

in the previous posts you said you had "no AI" but you are also saying that you have "put 2 A380" and other aircraft at EGPK. Surely these must be AI i.e. they land and take off according to flight plans you have created in Traffic X.
I am intrigued that you can get A380 aircraft to appear - they would not appear in my version until I changed it yesterday.

Can you give the details of your AFX_EGPK.bgl file?

Mine (before my changes) was "AFX_EGPK.bgl 15/04/2007 08:39" (looking at the files in -
(FSX folder)\JustFlight\TrafficX\AirportFacilities\Scenery\

You must have a later version than mine.

Ray
Pathfinder1` View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pathfinder1` Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2014 at 11:00am
Hi, Ray. Yes I realised that I must be using A1 as soon as I sent, maybe I am getting to old to mess about with FSX. I have 2 traffic folders,
Traffic ---     AFX_EGPK   15/04/2007 07.39 BLG File
TRAFFIC X --    AFX_EGPK   03/09/2009 08.38 BLG File
I have down loaded the ADE and the manual, not installed them yet, Those 4 aircraft are the only ones at BGPK.          Harry.
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2014 at 4:59pm
Harry,
your first file will be the same as I have got but I am intrigued as to where the later set of files came from?

Take your time with ADE - I'm sure you will find it interesting. The forum for ADE is awash with users asking some very technical questions but is a good way to learn what other people are up to.

Ray
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic