This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Hardware
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

damaged throttle quad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: damaged throttle quad
    Posted: 11 Oct 2014 at 9:00am
I had an issue trying to connect my saitek throttle quadrant to my yoke, why they use that silly conection I dont know. Looking to get a replacemement now, want to avoid quadrant though, I saw the TPM and was wondering if there was anything else, if not do any of you use TPM ? I fly mostly GA  normally 172's or Caravans so I guess TPM or similar would be idea...
wain View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2014 at 9:15am
just a little question, I am wondering if a PS/2 - usb connector would solve this problem? I know they are usually for connection old keyboards and mice but would that work?
Deltahotel View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deltahotel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2014 at 11:18am
Wain,
I don't know what a TPM is, but if it helps I think the replacement Saitek throttle quadrants come with a USB connector. and not the PS2 thingy. If your present quad is still ok, I guess an adaptor would work. I also guess its not a Saitek yoke?
Dave H
wain View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2014 at 1:59pm
it does attach to the yoke via a PS/2 conection, I may try an adaptor if that does not work just buy a new one, they are half the price of a TPM, TPM has 3 pull out things for throttle etc and 9 switches made by saitek i think...
Deltahotel View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deltahotel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2014 at 3:43pm
Ah - Throttle, Pitch, Mixture maybe? Realistic for the Cessna(s) then. But if your simming ever takes you to multi-engine then I would recommend 2 (Saitek) quads.
And you're right about FSX/P3D on the other thread.
Dave H
wain View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2014 at 5:28pm
Thats the one Dave, I could picture it but couldnt describe it, reather fix my quad as TPM is about £90. Yeah thats what I am doing currently, I have FSX set up just how I like it and for the most part running reasonably well.
Sirxamoc View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sirxamoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2014 at 2:55pm
What is it doing exactly?  There is a youtube vid on how to clean the POTS on the throttle quadrant that if they get mucked up, the indicator is that you can get erratic readings when the level is stationary.
wain View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2014 at 7:24pm
Its not doing anything..it looks like i have bent two pins...may have to get the new usb connecting one..my fault being to heavy handed...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic