This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

pmdg 747

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11jovic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pmdg 747
    Posted: 04 Aug 2008 at 10:23am
who else has this amazing aircraft. im hopefully getting it tomorrow :D and i really can not wait. can any tell me how long they have ahad and wht they usually fly when are flying it

kind regards joe
j.staddon
767nutter View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 767nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2008 at 3:10pm
Ive had the PMDG 747 since last june and i still love it, it flies like a gem both hand flying and automatically, automatic landing is sqeaky clean too. longest flight ive done is a 14h from malaysia - heathrow and the FMC's fuel calculation was almost perfect, in my view the PMDG 747 and Level-D 767 rule the virtual skies at the moment,
11jovic View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11jovic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2008 at 3:18pm

wow that sounds amazing. so what airline do you use i have just found out my dad missed the post so i have to wait until tomorrow now :(

so yeah is it really realistic i have the itvv dvd for the virgin 747 and i wanna use it to do that flight and to vatsim flight to .

:)

write back

joe

j.staddon
reider View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2008 at 3:58pm
Good luck when you get her, she`s a mighty fine bird.  Save this link, its a video demonstration of the cold and dark setup.  You might have some fun and raise your expectations even higher watching this.  If memory serves me it may be for the FS2004 version but the similarity is there.

http://www.truveo.com/Cold-and-dark-Startup-747400-tutorial-pmdg-flight/id/3030602000

Or it could be this link to standard procedures.  Either way they are both well worth keeping as links.

http://smithplanet.com/fs2004/pmdg/

Reider
11jovic View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11jovic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2008 at 4:16pm
yeah i run it on fs9 and it looks good see ya

joe
j.staddon
767nutter View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 767nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2008 at 5:05pm

I usually fly the Cathay Pacific Hong Kong - Los Angeles/San Fancisco - New York route.

I too have the ITVV Virgin 744, Alan Carters a brilliant Captain in my opinion. Though sliding off topic here my favourite ITVV vid has to be Go 737-300 as it was the first i ever owned.

11jovic View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11jovic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2008 at 5:16pm
haha wicked well mate add me as a friends and i we can keep in touch of what flight we are doing i would love to keep in touch. anyways tlk soon
my msn if ya have it
ill be on tonight
see you soon
:)

joe
j.staddon
nickb84 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickb84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2008 at 6:10pm
Just out of interest is it fully compatable with Vista or just XP?

I read somewhere that is was just XP but cant remember where I read that now?
Nick B

Long Term FS9 Airbus Pilot

EGLL - LHR, London Heathrow
767nutter View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 767nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2008 at 8:16pm
I think the FS9 version is compatible with both, as a family friend got a vista ready for FSX but seeing as he had all the best add-ons for FS9 he stuck with that, and it works, so basically he gets the best frame rates as far as i know so far, even on maximum settings for graphics, lucky git!
reider View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2008 at 8:19pm
Intitially on the PMDG forum their was a declaration about it not working or being fully compatible in Vista.  However, that was early on in the development and things changed somewhat.  I bought it in the first hours of release and have been using it in Vista/FSX ever since.  It works perfectly.

Reider
nickb84 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickb84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2008 at 12:06pm
Thanks guys,

Thinking of investing in it myself. Wink
Nick B

FSaddict View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSaddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2008 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by 767nutter 767nutter wrote:

I think the FS9 version is compatible with both, as a family friend got a vista ready for FSX but seeing as he had all the best add-ons for FS9 he stuck with that, and it works, so basically he gets the best frame rates as far as i know so far, even on maximum settings for graphics, lucky git!

hehe i did exactly the same thing Wink

yeh just watch out for the install mine had problems for a while
http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1479
11jovic View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11jovic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2008 at 2:20pm
wow all i can say is it is amazing and im doing my first planned flight today from heathrow to kennedy intl new york and i cant wait. i have to make up a route so yeah does anyone know a free flight plan site

Kind regards joe

j.staddon
nickb84 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickb84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2008 at 3:38pm
http://simroutes.com/
http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/ - cant seem to get on there webpage though at the moment for some reason.

Have never been able to do a straight forward plan from these sites myself though! Speaking of JFK, I have a LHR-JFK plan from somewhere myself, in FS format. if any use then PM me your email address and Ill send you it.
Nick B

767nutter View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 767nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2008 at 6:10pm

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=pmdg+747+virgin+routes&CatID=root

this should take you straight to avsim file library containing virgins routes, follow the readme and it will load straight into your pmdg's FMC, so no need to write it all out,
enjoy ya first flight
11jovic View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11jovic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2008 at 8:03pm
hey yeah wicked but i dont get what he means by just picking a route and putting it into the fmc. is that meany to just manually putting the route in 1 by 1 because id ont mind doing that

Kind regards
joe
j.staddon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic