This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tecnam P2006T

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tecnam P2006T
    Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 11:25am
Ref: Wilco Tecnam P2006T
V1.1 contains a number of fundamental errors relating to correct operation of the aircraft and its systems, as well as a performance envelope that exceeds the RW aircraft, which I have flown in, if not flown.

Pending v1.2 revisions which I know are in hand I have revised the aircraft .cfg to deal with some of the troublesim (sic) aspects:

1: Changed gear extension and retraction times to realistic values - the aircraft is know for needing care not to exceed Vle of 93kts IAS on take off as the gear retracts (between 11-13 secs)

2: Changed prop and power values to properly reflect performance characteristics - Wilco have made a reasonable stab at this but have designed their flight model around a full load of pilot plus three pax and 100lbs of baggage. The revised cfg provides correct performance with two + bags (default loadout changed to reflect this). Retains the take-off distance and now climbs at 90, just like the real thing.

3: Changed vertical speed constant to more accurately capture alt - I am disagreeing with Wilco as to how the default a/p ought to function (click alt should capture and retain ALTt at point of pressing, while V/s mode should instruct the dialled vertical speed irrespective of alt hold being pressed & disengage the alt function, not HDG hold as it does currently) but this mod at least reduces the tendency to overshoot the alt through slow response to v/s. Hopefully correct functionality will be introduced with V1.2

and the two key points:

4: Changed to auto-mixture in the .cfg (so it doesn't matter what you have set in the sim). Rotax engines have auto-compensation for altitude, but Wilco have modelled the chokes as mixture. This is painfully incorrect and also allows for a lean cut through using the choke, which cannot happen IRL.

5: Removed de-icing capability. This aircraft does not have any de-icing equipment, beyond pitot and carb heat.

Let me know via PM if anyone wants the revised config, or if the mods could indicate whether they'd like me to post it in full.

Finally, I have also modified the .air file to correct the CHT indications. This aircraft does not ever show CHT at maximum, as its water cooled and the heat dissipation of the lightweight Rotax engines are renowned. I expect this to be addressed in 1.2 through gauge mods so I'm not sharing it right now, but if it really irks you as much as it did me, ping me a PM... LOL
snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2014 at 4:11pm
1.3 just released by developer, no doubt winging its way to vendors as I write.

Other than the retraction/extension times, they appear to have addressed most of the issues. Still think the flight model is a little overpowered, and still not convinced by the 'systemology' of the a/p, but it's a nice little go-er, as they say.

Full list of changes;

ADDED FEATURES :
- GNC255 radio gauge to enable full NAV2 based use. With simulated database update.
- Dimming ability to panel gauges. Three different brightness levels available. As well as off.
- Panel gauge lighting separated from the lighting BUS. This allows gauge only lighting. This means that the gauge lights will no longer turn on with the stock lighting keyboard shortcut.
- Battery correctly shuts everything down including all lights. You will need to return on lights if you turn off the master battery whilst the lights are on.
- Secondary compass removed due to the addition of the GNC255. 
- Added the function of turning on and off the 2D popup via the emergency horizon switch (pilot’s side lower panel beneath the breakers).
- New GNC255 manual
- Updated manual and checklists
- The aircraft is VFR/VFR-N and IFR certified.
- Three new liveries (kindly provided by Thomas Roehl)

IMPROVED FEATURES :
- Choke levers modified to work closer to the real thing. No longer are mixture levers during flight.
- Correct trim wheel rotation.
- Improved flight dynamics
- Improved turn coordinator behavior
- Lowered the font size of the DME to allow for larger time amounts. Added indicators once DME is either not tuned or out of range.
- Changed the MD200 gauge compass ring to OBS indicator
- Changed the MD200 from VOR 1 to VOR 2
- CHT gauge maximums reduced.
- All avionics have been added to the avionics BUS. You must switch both avionics switches to the on position for the avionics to work.
- Backlit switches changed to battery BUS.
- Visual indicator for gear added.
- Airspeed indicator gauge texture changed to resemble the real thing.
- Improved night lighting routine for annunciators, gauges, avionics buttons.
- Improved Lighting textures for gauges and avionics.
- Changed emergency lights to cabin lights. 
- Tweaked the STEC-55x gauge textures.
- Tweaked FDE to get a slightly better idle thrust figure.
- Electrical configuration tweak.
wain View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2014 at 4:55pm
I do like the look of it, but I keep buying aircraft and then finding I have no time to fly them, Accusim c172 not been touched since I changed my HD a month or so ago, B1900D bought last week, loaded it up and had a look around but been flying my C208B Cargomaster lately....
snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2014 at 5:38pm
I've taken to buying for a purpose rather than simple desire. 

I was looking for a light twin to do the southern route from Europe to USA and frankly, there aren't too many high wing twins in that class to choose from - the low-wing twins such as Carenado's Seneca V and Real Air's Duke being highly capable of everything except sightseeing as you've got two engines and a wing blocking the view! I've got the procedural models and singles but they aren't hat I was looking for for this trip - A2A for example I sometimes just do the walkround and the hangar checks like a coddling owner who isn't going to the airfield to fly, but likes to pamper his Piper at the weekend. 

I'm sure that I've got many aircraft in the hangar that would make the trip easy (be a breeze at 50K with the Canberra!) but now they've actually got a IFR-equipped platform, the Wilco bird will do just fine.

nippa View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nippa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2014 at 4:39pm
V1.3 looks good and a nice BA Flying Club paint job.
Perhaps the gear retracts too quickly and somehow the AP alt/trim is confusing me but but otherwise a nice alternative twin.
snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 9:58pm
Nippa

You were asking about the a/p over at Avsim...

Only vnav button that works is 'Alt'. Dont use the v/s as it doesn't. Engage ALT and see a default rate of climb of 700 ft/min, adjust from there. It also switches on the a/p Master switch if its pressed. It's not correct, but for the money, I'm not fussed. To level off, simply reduce ROC to '0' - takes a bit of practice to land on precisely the right altitude, as the response is quite slow, so reduce to 100 ft/min about 200 feet before the desired altitude and tweak it in from there. It's part of its charm...

As for the gear extension and retraction times here's the changes you need to make on the aircraft .cfg - I've gone for 11-13 seconds as that's close to real.

I've also posted my other changes to the .cfg as the Tecnam still only has 200 hp and Wilco's still accelerates way too fast from rest and climbs at a silly climb rate and angle, when the real thing climbs at 80-90. Mine maintains 1,000 fpm through about 4,500 ft, then you need to begin to reduce it from there or else speed bleeds below 90. As with the real aircraft, stick closer to 100 kts for a lower deck angle and better view over the nose. After take off keep throttles pinned, and just reduce the props to max continuous of about 2,300 rpm.

These changes soften the delivery, but still offer a max cruise of around 140 kts, with a standard cruise at 2,000 rpm/24" (or full throttle, whichever is the lower) of about 130. I've also removed the reference to structural anti-ice - the aircraft has none. And I've removed the extra two bums on seats - the aircraft is pictured with just pilot and passenger, so I've taken the backseat pax out by default. It's closer to the real world and normal operations, and allows 100 percent fuel, which is what any Rotax owner does anytime they can - filling up with mogas!

Note: This IS NOT the full aircraft .cfg just the bit after the aircraft and camera entries. 

What I suggest you do is save this to a text file, copy the top part of your aircraft .cfg to this, then rename the original to a backup, save this new one as aircraft .cfg and drop it into the aircraft folder, so you can always go back to the original.

Finally, some twonk in the same forum was whining about the aircraft going cold and dark when you cut fuel to kill the engines: Someone tell the fool that Rotax's are switched off by turning them off on the overhead switches, like a car ignition, not like antiquated angle iron engineering from the steam age. Fuel is only turned off in the Rotax after the engine is switched off. It's correctly notated in the Checklist.

And yes, the aircraft does have auto mixture, and yes you do only use the chokes for the first flight of the day when everything is stone cold. And carb heat is OFF when forward/up, ON when down/back (the ergonomy is "everything forward for flight"). Unfortunately the tooltip doesn't work on either carb heat or choke, so it's better to simply get it right.

And finally, if the engine wont start after using the menu 'Avionics on' option, cycle the overhead ignition switches again, and it will start right up on the button. Funnily enough, I had a real Katana that needed the same trick! Wink

[WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE]
max_gross_weight = 2712                        // (pounds)
empty_weight = 1764                             // (pounds)

reference_datum_position     =   6.96, 0, 0     // (feet) distance from FlightSim Reference position: (1/4 chord, centerline, waterline)
empty_weight_CG_position     =  -5.80, 0, 0     // (feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from specified datum

max_number_of_stations = 7 

station_load.0 = 170, -3.84, -1.20, 0.0      
station_load.1 = 170, -3.84,  1.20, 0.0  
station_load.2 = 0, -6.84, -1.20, 0.0 
station_load.3 = 0, -6.84,  1.20, 0.0 
station_load.4 = 100, -9.40,  0.00, 0.0

station_name.0 = "Pilot"     
station_name.1 = "Co-Pilot"  
station_name.2 = "Passenger" 
station_name.3 = "Passenger" 

;Moments of Inertia
empty_weight_pitch_MOI  = 15905.65
empty_weight_roll_MOI   = 17718.64
empty_weight_yaw_MOI    = 22291.04
empty_weight_coupled_MOI= 0.0

[flight_tuning]
cruise_lift_scalar     = 1.0
parasite_drag_scalar   = 1.0
induced_drag_scalar    = 1.0
elevator_effectiveness = 1.0
aileron_effectiveness  = 1.0
rudder_effectiveness   = 1.0
pitch_stability        = 1.0
roll_stability         = 1.0
yaw_stability          = 1.0
elevator_trim_effectiveness = 1.0
aileron_trim_effectiveness  = 1.0
rudder_trim_effectiveness   = 1.0

[GeneralEngineData]
engine_type = 0                                 //0=Piston, 1=Jet, 2=None, 3=Helo-Turbine, 4=Rocket, 5=Turboprop
Engine.0 = -1.4, -5.3, 0.0                      //(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datum
Engine.1 = -1.4,  5.3, 0.0                      //(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datum
fuel_flow_scalar= 0.84                          //Fuel flow scalar
min_throttle_limit =  0.11                     //Minimum percent throttle.  Generally negative for turbine reverser

[piston_engine]
power_scalar = 1.0//1.1                              //Piston power scalar
cylinder_displacement= 20.63                    //Cubic inches per cylinder
compression_ratio= 10.4                         //Compression ratio
number_of_cylinders=4                           //Number of cylinders
max_rated_rpm= 5800                             //Max rated RPM
max_rated_hp= 100                               //Max rated HP
fuel_metering_type= 1                           //0=Fuel Injected, 1=Gravity Carburetor, 2=Aerobatic Carburetor
cooling_type= 1                                 //0=Cooling type Air, 1=Cooling type Liquid
normalized_starter_torque= 0.035                //Starter torque factor
turbocharged= 0                                 //Is it turbocharged? 0=FALSE, 1=TRUE
max_design_mp= 0                                //Max design manifold pressure, (inHg)
min_design_mp= 0                                //Min design manifold pressure, (inHg)
critical_altitude= 0                           //Altitude to which the turbocharger will provide max design manifold pressure (feet)
emergency_boost_type= 0                         //0=None, 1=Water Injection, 2=Methanol/Water injection, 3=War Emergency Power
emergency_boost_mp_offset= 0                    //Additional manifold pressure supplied by emergency boost
emergency_boost_gain_offset= 0                  //Multiplier on manifold pressure due to emergency boost
fuel_air_auto_mixture= 1                        //Automixture available? 0=FALSE, 1=TRUE
auto_ignition= 0                                //Auto-Ignition available? 0=FALSE, 1=TRUE
max_rpm_mechanical_efficiency_scalar= 1.0 //1.1       //Scalar on maximum RPM mechanical efficiency
idle_rpm_mechanical_efficiency_scalar= 1.0      //Scalar on idle RPM mechanical efficiency
max_rpm_friction_scalar= 0.9                    //Scalar on maximum RPM friction
idle_rpm_friction_scalar= 0.85                   //Scalar on idle RPM friction

[propeller]
thrust_scalar = 0.8 //1.1                             //Propeller thrust scalar
propeller_type= 0                               //0=Constant Speed, 1=Fixed Pitch
propeller_diameter= 5.92                        //Propeller Diameter, (feet)
propeller_blades= 2                             //Number of propeller blades
propeller_moi= 9.0   //5.0                      //Propeller moment of inertia
beta_max= 48.0                                  //Maximum blade pitch angle for constant speed prop, (degrees)
beta_min= 12.0                                  //Minimum blade pitch angle for constant speed prop, (degrees)
min_gov_rpm= 1100.0                             //Miminum governed RPM
prop_tc= 0.1                                    //Prop time-constant
gear_reduction_ratio= 2.43                       //Propeller gear reduction ratio
fixed_pitch_beta= 0.0                           //Fixed pitch angle of fixed pitch prop, (degrees)
low_speed_theory_limit= 80.0                    //Speed at which low speed theory becomes blended in (feet/second)
prop_sync_available= 0                          //Prop synchronization available? 0=FALSE, 1=TRUE
prop_deice_available= 0                         //Prop de-icing available? 0=FALSE, 1=TRUE
prop_feathering_available= 1                    //Prop feathering available?  0=FALSE, 1=TRUE
prop_auto_feathering_available= 0               //Prop auto-feathering available?  0=FALSE, 1=TRUE
min_rpm_for_feather= 700.0                      //Minimum RPM for prop feathering
beta_feather= 82.5                              //Feathering pitch angle (degrees)
power_absorbed_cf= 0                            //Coefficient of friction for power absorbed by propeller
defeathering_accumulators_available= 1          //Defeathering accumulators available? 0=FALSE, 1=TRUE 
prop_reverse_available= 0                       //Prop reverse available?  0=FALSE, 1=TRUE
minimum_on_ground_beta= 0.0                     //Miminum pitch angle on ground, (degrees)
minimum_reverse_beta= 0.0                       //Minimum pitch angle in reverse, (degrees)

[contact_points]
//0  Class
        //1  Longitudinal Position        (feet)
        //2  Lateral Position             (feet)
        //3  Vertical Position            (feet)
        //4  Impact Damage Threshold      (Feet Per Minute)
        //5  Brake Map                   (0=None, 1=Left, 2=Right)
        //6  Wheel Radius                (feet)
        //7  Steer Angle                         (degrees)
        //8  Static Compression           (feet)  (0 if rigid)
        //9  Max/Static Compression Ratio
        //10 Damping Ratio               (0=Undamped, 1=Critically Damped)
        //11 Extension Time              (seconds)
        //12 Retraction Time             (seconds)
        //13 Sound Type
        //14 Airspeed limit for retraction (KIAS)
        //15 Airspeed that gear gets damage at (KIAS)
//GEAR
point.0 = 1,  0.82,   0.00, -2.61, 1600, 0, 0.633, 55, 0.42, 2.0, 0.95, 11.0, 13.0, 0, 152, 180
point.1 = 1, -8.70,  -3.32, -2.81, 1600, 1, 0.886,  0, 0.50, 2.5, 0.85, 11.1, 10.3, 2, 152, 200
point.2 = 1, -8.70,   3.32, -2.81, 1600, 2, 0.886,  0, 0.50, 2.5, 0.85, 11.3, 10.1, 3, 152, 200
//SCRAPES
point.3=  2, -6.20,-18.91,  0.50,  800, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 5, 0, 0
point.4=  2, -6.20, 18.91,  0.50,  800, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 6, 0, 0
point.5=  2,-24.04,  0.00, -0.50,  800, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 9, 0, 0
point.6=  2,  0.40,  0.00, -1.24,  800, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 4, 0, 0

static_pitch = -0.09           //Degrees
static_cg_height = 2.40      //Feet
gear_system_type=0              //Electric

[gear_warning_system]
gear_warning_available = 1    //Normal
pct_throttle_limit =  0.1     //Percent throttle that activates warning
flap_limit_idle    =  0.0     //Flap angle that activates warning at idle
flap_limit_power   = 31.5     //Flap angle that activates warning at above idle

[brakes]
parking_brake = 1       //Parking brake available
toe_brakes_scale = 1.0  //Brake scalar
differential_braking_scale=0.8
auto_brakes = 0

[hydraulic_system]
normal_pressure = 0.0    //PSI

[flaps.0]
type             = 1                                    // 1 - tail, 2 - lead
span-outboard    = 0.41                                 // 0.0 .. 1.0
extending-time   = 8                                    // seconds
flaps-position.0 = 0                                    // degrees
flaps-position.1 = 10                                   // degrees
flaps-position.2 = 20                                   // degrees
flaps-position.3 = 30                                   // degrees
flaps-position.4 = 40                                   // degrees

damaging-speed   = 152                                  // KIAS
blowout-speed    = 180                                  // KIAS

[electrical]
max_battery_voltage = 24.0
generator_alternator_voltage = 28.0
max_generator_alternator_amps = 60.0

autopilot          = 0, 5 , 17.0
avionics_bus       = 0, 5 , 17.0
avionics           = 1, 10, 17.0
pitot_heat         = 0, 5 , 17.0
additional_system  = 0, 2 , 17.0
marker_beacon      = 1, 2 , 17.0
gear_warning       = 0, 2 , 17.0
fuel_pump          = 0, 5 , 17.0
starter1           = 0, 20, 17.0
starter2           = 0, 20, 17.0
light_nav          = 0, 5 , 17.0
light_beacon       = 0, 5 , 17.0
light_landing      = 0, 5 , 17.0
light_taxi         = 0, 5 , 17.0
light_strobe       = 0, 5 , 17.0
light_panel        = 0, 5 , 17.0
light_cabin        = 0, 5 , 17.0

[pitot_static]
vertical_speed_time_constant = 1.0              //Increasing this value will cause a more instantaneous reaction in the VSI
pitot_heat = 1.0    //Scalar on heat effectiveness, 0 = not available

[Radios]
// Radio Type = available, standby frequency, has glide slope
Audio.1       = 1
Com.1         = 1, 1
Com.2         = 1, 1
Nav.1         = 1, 1, 1
Nav.2         = 1, 1, 1
Adf.1         = 1
Transponder .1 = 1
Marker .1      = 1

[Views]
eyepoint = -2.9, -0.80, 2.32    //Longitudinal, Lateral, Vertical (feet)

[LIGHTS]
//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing
light.0 = 3,  -6.4, 17.9, 3.45, fx_navgre ,
light.1 = 3,  -6.4, -17.9, 3.45, fx_navred ,
light.2 = 2,  -6.5, 17.9, 3.45, fx_strobe ,
light.3 = 2,  -6.5, -17.9, 3.45, fx_strobe ,
light.4 = 1,  -23.6, 0.1, 6.75, fx_beacon ,
light.5 = 3,  -24.6, 0.1, 6.45, fx_navwhi ,
light.6 = 5,  -6.2, -8.25, 3, fx_navwhi ,
light.7 = 6,  -6.2, -8.8, 3, fx_navwhi ,

[keyboard_response]
elevator = 150, 250
aileron  = 150, 250
rudder   = 150, 250

[altimeters]
altimeter.0=1
altimeter.1=1

[airspeed_indicators]
airspeed_indicator.0=1
airspeed_indicator.1=1

[direction_indicators]
//1 Type: 0=None, 1=Vacuum Gyro, 2=Electric Gyro, 3=Electro-Mag Slaved Compass, 4=Slaved to another
//2 Indicator number of slaving indicator if Type = 4
direction_indicator.0=3,0

[attitude_indicators]
//Type: 0=None, 1=Vacuum Gyro, 2=Electric Gyro
attitude_indicator.0 = 1 
attitude_indicator.1 = 2

[turn_indicators]
//Type: 0=None, 1=Electric Gyro, 2= Vacuum Gyro
turn_indicator.0=1,1        //Turn and Bank

[vacuum_system]
max_pressure=5.15  //PSI
vacuum_type=1   //Type: 0=None, 1=Engine pump (default), 2=Pneumatic, 3=Venturi
electric_backup_pressure=4.900000
engine_map=1,1

[pneumatic_system]
max_pressure=0.000000
bleed_air_scalar=0.00000

[fuel]
LeftMain  = -6.96, -6.45, 0.0, 26.4, 0.0
RightMain = -6.96,  6.45, 0.0, 26.4, 0.0
fuel_type = 1
number_of_tank_selectors = 2                    
electric_pump=1

[EFFECTS]
wake=fx_wake
water=fx_spray
dirt=fx_tchdrt
concrete=fx_sparks
touchdown=fx_tchdwn_s, 1
startup=fx_dummy
fueldump=fx_dummy
vaportrail_l=fx_dummy
vaportrail_r=fx_dummy
windshield_rain_effect_available=1

[exits]
number_of_exits = 3
exit.0 = 0.4 
exit.1 = 0.4 
exit.2 = 0.4 

[airplane_geometry]
wing_area               = 158.8                 //Square feet
wing_span               = 37.42                  //Feet
wing_root_chord         = 5.3                   //Feet
wing_dihedral           = 1.9                   //Degrees
wing_incidence          = 1.0                   //Degrees
wing_twist              = -1.0                  //Degrees
oswald_efficiency_factor= 0.78                   //Measure of lift effeciency of wing
wing_winglets_flag      = 1                     //Are winglets available?
wing_sweep              = 0.0                   //Degrees, wing leading edge
wing_pos_apex_lon       = -5.6                  //Feet, longitudinal distance from reference point, negative going aft
wing_pos_apex_vert      = 0.0                   //Feet, vertical distance from reference point, positive going up
htail_area              = 60.0                  //Square feet
htail_span              = 15.9                  //Feet
htail_pos_lon           = -20.1                 //Feet, longitudinal distance from reference point, negative going aft
htail_pos_vert          = 0.0                   //Feet, vertical distance from reference point, positive going up
htail_incidence         = 0.5                   //Degrees
htail_sweep             = 0.0                   //Degrees, horizontal tail leading edge
vtail_area              = 88.0                  //Square feet
vtail_span              = 10.7                  //Feet, tip to body
vtail_sweep             = 0.0                   //Degrees, vertical tail leading edge
vtail_pos_lon           = -22.9                 //Feet, longitudinal distance from reference point, negative going aft
vtail_pos_vert          = 3.1                   //Feet, vertical distance from reference point, positive going up
elevator_area           = 20.0                  //Square feet
aileron_area            = 11.3                  //Square feet
rudder_area             = 10.5                  //Square feet
elevator_up_limit       = 17.0                  //Degrees
elevator_down_limit     = 15.5                  //Degrees
aileron_up_limit        = 18.0                  //Degrees
aileron_down_limit      = 18.0                  //Degrees
rudder_limit            = 30.0                  //Degrees
elevator_trim_limit     = 19.0                  //Degrees
spoiler_limit           = 0.0                   //Degrees
spoilerons_available    = 0                     //Spoilerons Available?
aileron_to_spoileron_gain = 0                   //Aileron to spoileron gain
min_ailerons_for_spoilerons = 0                 //Degrees
min_flaps_for_spoilerons = 0                    //Minimum flap handle position when spoilerons activate
auto_spoiler_available   = 0
positive_g_limit_flaps_up  =  3.0               //Design G load tolerance (positive, flaps up)
positive_g_limit_flaps_down=  2.0               //Design G load tolerance (positive, flaps down) 
negative_g_limit_flaps_up  = -2.0               //Design G load tolerance (negative, flaps up) 
negative_g_limit_flaps_down= -2.0               //Design G load tolerance (negative, flaps down) 
load_safety_factor         =  1.5               //Design G load safety factor 

[Reference Speeds]
flaps_up_stall_speed    = 53.0                  //Knots True (KTAS)
full_flaps_stall_speed  = 48.0                  //Knots True (KTAS)
cruise_speed            = 135.0                 //Knots True (KTAS)
max_indicated_speed     = 172.0                   //Red line (KIAS)

[autopilot]
autopilot_available= 1
flight_director_available= 0
default_vertical_speed= 700.0
autothrottle_available= 0
pitch_takeoff_ga=8.0
max_pitch=10.0
max_pitch_acceleration=1.0
max_pitch_velocity_lo_alt=2.0
max_pitch_velocity_hi_alt=1.5
max_pitch_velocity_lo_alt_breakpoint=20000.0
max_pitch_velocity_hi_alt_breakpoint=28000.0
max_bank=25.0
max_bank_acceleration=1.8
max_bank_velocity=3.00
max_throttle_rate=0.10
nav_proportional_control=9.00
nav_integrator_control=0.25
nav_derivative_control=0.00
nav_integrator_boundary=2.50
nav_derivative_boundary=0.00
gs_proportional_control=9.52
gs_integrator_control=0.26
gs_derivative_control=0.00
gs_integrator_boundary=0.70
gs_derivative_boundary=0.00
yaw_damper_gain = 1.0
yaw_slip_control_gain=0.000000
yaw_control_uses_trim=0.000000

[forcefeedback]
gear_bump_nose_magnitude=2000
gear_bump_nose_direction=18000
gear_bump_nose_duration=250000
gear_bump_left_magnitude=3500
gear_bump_left_direction=35500
gear_bump_left_duration=250000
gear_bump_right_magnitude=3500
gear_bump_right_direction=500
gear_bump_right_duration=250000
ground_bumps_magnitude1=1300
ground_bumps_angle1=8900
ground_bumps_intercept1=3
ground_bumps_slope1=0.20
ground_bumps_magnitude2=500
ground_bumps_angle2=9100
ground_bumps_intercept2=0.075
ground_bumps_slope2=0.035
crash_magnitude1=10000
crash_direction1=1000
crash_magnitude2=10000
crash_direction2=9000
crash_period2=75000
crash_duration2=2500000
stick_shaker_magnitude=5000
stick_shaker_direction=0
stick_shaker_period=111111

[stall_warning]
type=2
stick_shaker=0

[deice_system]
structural_deice_type=0     //0 = None, 1 = Heated Leading Edge, 2 = Bleed Air Boots, 3 = Eng Pump Boots

nippa View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nippa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2014 at 9:53pm
Thanks for the revised cgf details Snave.
I've been using them for the last few weeks and the model's flying just fine AFAIK.
I think that it deserves better coverage.
snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2014 at 11:02pm
Share it wherever you wish. It's not like I haven't brought ALL these issues to the attention of the developers. 

If I could be bothered I'd tweak it further and modify the .air file too, but it's close enough for my needs and the money paid. 

I just wish they'd finish the job with the night textures in the o/head (the incorrect orientation for the fuel switches returns when the night lights are on).

Still hoping someone will do the G950 version, as that is the most common variant.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic