This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 through 70
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Just Flight - Problem solved

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhinozherous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just Flight - Problem solved
    Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 8:58pm
Sorry about nagging around, but i have the feeling that I have wasted my money with 10-40 series.

Why I dont get answers in this Forum?

Why is there a manual with buttons and switches on the pictures wich are not in the Virtual cockpit? (Autopilot panel for exampel)

Why cant I set my Altitude on the "Autopilot panel" - with this ALT SEL thingi on front panel it seems not to work or to set a normal flight level... it snaps over some digits.

Why is this Fuel panel so horrible confusing without ANY words to the fuel system itself? This one picture for starting engines does not say to do the things mentioned in the "Manual":
"...and monitor and balance fuel using the cross-feed levers on the Engineer’s panel."

Why does my Stairs not appear?

Why is there aboslutely no word about Fuel planning or minimal charts for speeds or weights

and so on... just read other topics in this forum Dead

Michel View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 3:22am
Please try to set your panel configs as you can read at my post about the autopilot

http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=22555&title=autopilot-solvedaltitude-selector-optional-change

I found lots of others troubles about this plane , but the worst is the autopilot. You will can fly the plane with this change on the link above. This way .
Michel Oliveira
VATSIM ID 1016100
Pilot 1908:15
ATC Controller 12:31
ATIS 1:20
Observer   27:15
Rhinozherous View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhinozherous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 5:37am

Thank you for answering!!!! Will try it ASAP!

But there is one question left that is important. The panel.cfg change just the ALT SEL when I get it right? But I cant find the ALT HOLD or HEADING HOLD switch (they both are on the AP panel in the "Manual")

Thank you very much!
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhinozherous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 5:18pm
Yay, now I have a usable ALT selector... BUT now my engines go off when use pitch trim or they wont start at all when I switch this selector left of ignition override to armed - as "manual" says it. When i dont use this selector but just ignition override they will start

This was my first, and be sure, last product of Just Flight!
Jim View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 5:54pm
Have you checked customer services page for fixes and updates.
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 6:12pm
The operation of the Autopilot was changed (updated and improved) after the initial release and the updated use is detailed in the additional PDF manual that is now included with the pack. Its located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\JustFlight\DC8_Jetliner and called: DC-8 Jetliner Series 10-40 SP2.pdf

The information in that document supersedes the one in the original manual PDF.
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhinozherous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 6:38pm
" Have you checked customer services page for fixes and updates. "

Yes, but there is no help

" The operation of the Autopilot was changed (updated and improved) after the initial release and the updated use is detailed in the additional PDF manual that is now included with the pack. Its located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\JustFlight\DC8_Jetliner and called: DC-8 Jetliner Series 10-40 SP2.pdf 

The information in that document supersedes the one in the original manual PDF. "

I have read that, and I thought it could be an solution, I thought "hey cool, they have made the autopilot more original" ...BUT, after a few minutes I was the first time in the air with this plane (I thought "wow cool, engines survived the starting, engines stay running, so what can happen...) 
The plane was out of controll, when I tried to change the heading the plane followed my inputs in a jerky way, it banked for a few degrees, leveld out, banked again.... And it dives at his own discretion into a crash.

wonder how anyone can fly it, i am so infinitely disapointed
Also about the fact that I have bought it at an market without refund Ouch otherwise I would reclaim my money back immediately! I FEEL CHEATED
Michel View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by Scotty Scotty wrote:

The operation of the Autopilot was changed (updated and improved) after the initial release and the updated use is detailed in the additional PDF manual that is now included with the pack. Its located here:

The information in that document supersedes the one in the original manual PDF.

Hello Scotty. After some time of testing and analysis of the autopilot gauges I verified that the original autopilot produced by the development team of the DC-8 followed clearly attempting to leave the DC-8 in flawless operational realism. Unfortunately the configuration of all autopilots that use this setting to operate without the altitude selector have the characteristic to decouple Heading and Altitude when using the pitch hold, it happens in other aircraft of FSX using this kind of autopilot.
The support team has no blame .The DC-8 is not an easy to operate aircraft in the real world, so much so that there are 4 people in the flight deck to compose the technical crew. The vast majority of reported things like bugs are actually pilot operating errors in the cockpit. I changed just by themselves autopilot, since I could not use it when the change in position of the alt key lock automatically selects a flight director altitude and there is no way to change it without having a usable alt selector switch. (this is a matter of the script gauge). Other bugs that I reported are minor operational value and only cosmetic unless mentioned RMI Series 63 is pointing with her tail. Thanks in advance.
You can see at this link below the record of a 5 hours flight on the DC-8/Vatsim

http://www.vataware.com/flight/14133550

PS: I believe I deserve the textures WHAT IF #2 for free after this clarification!

Michel Oliveira
VATSIM ID 1016100
Michel View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by Rhinozherous Rhinozherous wrote:

Thank you for answering!!!! Will try it ASAP!

But there is one question left that is important. The panel.cfg change just the ALT SEL when I get it right? But I cant find the ALT HOLD or HEADING HOLD switch (they both are on the AP panel in the "Manual")

Thank you very much!

Hello there!

Turn cockpit tips ON!

Here i have no troubles with my autopilot after changes by my self the alt selector. You dont need to worry about the alt lock on the Flight diretor anymore. Follow the correct sequence and be happy.
1-before takeoff set the altitude target.
2-turn the Flight director on
3-after 600 ft above ground turn the ap on
4-if you set the alt hold in the FLIGHT DIRECTOR GAUGE(Not in The Autopilot Gauge) at this moment you will stablish the current altitude and the alt selector will be locked and needs to set alt target again(all autopilots have this characteristics)
5- Click down with the mouse wheel over the vertical speed selector. (It will do the same thing descripted on the step 4)
6- Select the vertical speed when alt hold is on
7- Set the HDG or/NAV or/AUX on the Mode selector .
8-Fly

To descend you need only to set the target altitude and set the vertical speed, Dont forget to reduce the engine power.
Michel Oliveira
VATSIM ID 1016100
Michel View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 10:35pm

Yay, now I have a usable ALT selector... BUT now my engines go off when use pitch trim or they wont start at all when I switch this selector left of ignition override to armed - as "manual" says it. When i dont use this selector but just ignition override they will start

Are you sure all the fuel pumps and fuel selectors are on?
Michel Oliveira
VATSIM ID 1016100
Michel View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 10:40pm

Are you sure that all fuel pumps and fuel selector levers are on?
Michel Oliveira
VATSIM ID 1016100
jdetrick View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdetrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2014 at 1:51am
How about flying this aircraft the way it was intended to be flown.   In real life the autopilot was not engaged until a few thousand feet up if at all.   I hand flew it many times to altitude, leveled it, trimmed it up and then put the autopilot on.  Most of the guys I flew with didn't put the autopilot on till 10000 ft. Most approaches were hand flown, even a coupled ILS approach.  The ILS was hand flown to just outside the outer marker and then engaged.   This is not a modern plug and play automatic jet where the call is gear up couple up.
Michel View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2014 at 2:13am
Originally posted by jdetrick jdetrick wrote:

How about flying this aircraft the way it was intended to be flown.   In real life the autopilot was not engaged until a few thousand feet up if at all.   I hand flew it many times to altitude, leveled it, trimmed it up and then put the autopilot on.  Most of the guys I flew with didn't put the autopilot on till 10000 ft. Most approaches were hand flown, even a coupled ILS approach.  The ILS was hand flown to just outside the outer marker and then engaged.   This is not a modern plug and play automatic jet where the call is gear up couple up.

Not easy to do it inside IFR low visibility and bad weather conditions!
Michel Oliveira
VATSIM ID 1016100
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhinozherous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2014 at 5:49am

Thank you!

I have calmed down, and will try all your recommendations! By the way, I just own the 10-40 series, but I think it have the same handling of AP like in the 50-70?

Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhinozherous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2014 at 4:53pm
Cannot try all this things, because the Engines wont start. 
Have crosschecked everything, read in forum, checked the "manual" again, bla bla bla

I am done with this plane, there are so much other planes without 65461316 failures
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2014 at 5:08pm
 Rhinozherous, as a minimum before you try and start the engines, please Press CTRL+SHIFT+F4 and then try.
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhinozherous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 6:25pm
Thanks to all who tried to help!

Whatever the problem is, the airplane itself or simply no luck...
The problem is now solved via the very courteous support of Just Flight, I 'm happy now.

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic