This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 through 70
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No PAX 70?!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfleck01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No PAX 70?!
    Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 9:48pm
I haven't bought this yet but was looking over the PK getting ready to do a pre-purchase paint and realized that there the only 70 listed is the CF.  You guys didn't include a PAX version of the 70?!
-Todd
mikie2shoes View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikie2shoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 10:27pm
Well actually that is not all that is missing, we have no freighter for the early DC8's or the 61F and 62F. The poor 71 and 72 have not made any kind of showing at all in this package. I hope JF will make an addon that will add these missing aircraft, I just can't believe they missed out the 72 because that plane was a popular VIP aircraft and lets not forget the NASA bird. Just Flight will also be selling Cargo Hauler 2 in the near future so it makes sense to add the freighters.
tfleck01 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfleck01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 10:30pm
That is horribly disappointing...  I was going to paint a Delta 70 series.... I guess I could just paint the windows on the 73, still not the same tho.
-Todd
mikie2shoes View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikie2shoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 10:57pm
I suppose you could paint on the windows but from memory Delta only had the DC8-71 which they upgraded from the 61 model and never owned the 73. I don't know how familiar you are with the DC8 because even though they look similar the 71 and 73 are different aircraft and dimensions. Check here for a discussion about the differences http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/tech_ops/read.main/161610/
tfleck01 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfleck01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 10:59pm
I know, that's kinda what I meant by it not being the same... aside from the painted windows, it would just be a representation. Haven't decided yet, I am not sure if I will even buy it now; gotta think on it.

Not even sure if it is an accurate 73. The wing texture are, as far as I can tell, the same for all models. Meaning they put 55/61 wings on the 73.
-Todd
tfleck01 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfleck01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2014 at 12:26am
I went ahead and took the plunge pretty much for the -61 and the -61 alone. I have started work on a Delta livery (early one with low baremetal beltline). Anyways, this would be a question for JF, are the windows on the plane triggered by a transparent texture or built into the mdl? The reason I ask is that I would like to cover over some windows and I figure a texture triggered transparency is possible because the windows are only visible on the outside of the plane... ie from the cabin looking outward a texture is covering all of the windows. I could be wrong, but figured I would ask.

nm, it's FUBAR.
-Todd
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic