This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 through 70
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - VSI indicator on Flight Engineer panel incorrect
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VSI indicator on Flight Engineer panel incorrect

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurnNburn79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VSI indicator on Flight Engineer panel incorrect
    Posted: 29 Sep 2014 at 2:33am
Does anyone else have the issue where the VSI on the flight engineer's panel always reads twice the rate of the VSI on the main panel?

What the...

Am I missing something here? Am I missing a procedure in pre-flight? Is there something that could cause a false reading that I am ignorant of?

Lemme know guys, thanks.
jdetrick View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdetrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 11:57am
That VSI on the engineers panel is the cabin Rate of Climb.  In other words how much the cabin altitude is going up or down.  Try closing the outflow valve.  Or just ignore it.  It is after all just a simulation.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic