This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 through 70
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Questions about the Dc-8

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stratocruizer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Questions about the Dc-8
    Posted: 19 Sep 2014 at 3:00pm
Hello everyone

I want to purchase the DC-8 50's to 70's series (and maybe the L-1011 PRO when it comes out...look awesome so far!)but i want to get some things off the top of my head before purchasing it:

1. Is there any rough ETA on the announced service pack that adresses some of the bugs present in the plane?

2. I plan to use the aircraft in P3Dv2, and i am happy that Justflight embraced this new platform (unlike other devs). But there is ruomor ( started by the devs of other 3'rd party addon, don't know if i can say it here) that within the next iterations (updates) of P3D there will be 64bit support/the platform shifts to a 64 bit architecture. We all know that this will break lot's of addons but many developers are already stating that there will be revisions/updates to their products to make them compatible and to make full use of 64 bit. Is Justflight planning to do the same with their products? (especially the DC-8 series?)

thank you for your time

cheers
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2014 at 5:08pm
Hi,

1) Not at the moment. It's being worked on, in among all the other projects going on at the moment. I'd say it's weeks away at the moment. 

2) In regards to 64bit compatibility we can only say the same as we said about P3Dv2 before it was released - without knowing the details it's impossible to say. As with P3Dv1 and P3Dv2, wherever possible we will make our products compatible with the latest versions of the simulators. 
Until it comes along it's all speculation though. If making it work is simple enough then we will endeavor to update them as soon as possible. However, if they decide to do something drastic like scrap XML gauge support in the next version then updates probably become impractical.    
We'll have to see once details become available. 
Stratocruizer View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stratocruizer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2014 at 5:58pm
Hi rich

Thank you for your quick and concise answer!

well, i'm going to get myself that Dc-8 then this weekend ;)

drmagnumwolf View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drmagnumwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2014 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by Stratocruizer Stratocruizer wrote:

Hi rich

Thank you for your quick and concise answer!

well, i'm going to get myself that Dc-8 then this weekend ;)

Even with the bugs on the current version, it is still worth every penny. It is amazingly well done and a joy to fly.
Pockrtplanesairways View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pockrtplanesairways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2014 at 8:35pm
Get it now so you can get the cool texture pack for free!
Stratocruizer View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stratocruizer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2014 at 12:36pm
Got it yesterday....satifaction level 100%! Great product! I can only imagine how it will be with the upcoming SP!

just two suggestions!

1)A load manager program would be awesome! ( altough setting payload/fuel from within p3d it's also fine)

2) I have always had issues with opening doors/multiple door opening. it would be nice to have the possibility to open all doors ( so that people with GSX/AES have even more fun!)) and to have some hidden switches/a little panel where you can easily select the doors to be opened without using "shift+e" combinations.

Just two thoughts :)

Thanks JF for that beautiful plane!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic