This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

moving trafficX to new computer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: moving trafficX to new computer
    Posted: 16 Oct 2014 at 11:04pm
Harry,

I have opened a new topic as we seem to have got off from the original title.

Ray
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
Pathfinder1` View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pathfinder1` Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2014 at 4:33pm
Yes Luton Beds,
well at least I have found out that it is not just a problem that only I have, at the moment I do have a 737 and a concord parking at EGPK, should they?, What is ADE ?,as I said I had contacted JF support, (follow the guide in the manual was the help I got,) if I never get it sorted it is no big problem to forget Prestwick, I have only my flight plans parking in UK, No A1,
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2014 at 2:13pm
Harry,

is your location Luton, Beds?

Found your problem. Everyone using FSX and Traffic X default files will have the same problem. In fact I had difficulty getting AI to be instructed to go to Rwy 03 - ATC would only send them to Rwy 13 or 31 regardless of wind condition so I had to "shut down" runway 13/31 temporarily - then I could replicate the problem.
The default FSX EGPK design is faulty in that the "Hold Short" for runway 03 is too far from the edge of the runway. This fault has been carried over into the Traffic X version of the design. I have made a modification to my Traffic X file which now allows AI to get to the 03 threshold, wait at the Hold Short, request permission to take off and then take off. So a minor mod is all that is required . But of course you will need something like ADE to solve the issue if you want to solve it yourself.
Other problems with the design include no aircraft from Boeing 757 and upward in size will appear as there are no parking spots bigger than 18 radius. I will be solving this for myself when I have time.

Ray
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pathfinder1` Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2014 at 12:10pm
If you set up a flight from EGBK will it get to runway 31 and take of.
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2014 at 8:52am
I have had another thought on this situation but it is an AFCAD thing also.
This problem can also occur if the 'Hold Short' for rwy 03 (where the AI stop before being given permission to take off by ATC) may not be close enough to the runway. From memory it has to be no more than 225 metres from the edge of the runway.
I have checked my EGPK files (FSX default and Traffic X) and both appear to be OK in ADE but will also check them out in FSX.
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pathfinder1` Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2014 at 6:11am
Thank you Ray and Freddy for your quick and sensible answers, I am using UK2000 Scenery VFR Airfields for England and Wales, but they do not cover Scotland, So I assume EGBK will be from traffic X or FSX Gold.
EGPK has 2 runways 31 and 3,so to get to start point on 3,aircraft would still have to go the same way, at the moment AFCAD does not mean a lot to me, I am not to much into delving it to programs, apart from that little problem all is running OK, maybe I should just give up with Prestwick, But I have never liked to leave problems and give up on them.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 11:47pm
I concur with Ray.

It sounds like the AFCAD file (airport file) for EGPK is missing the "start" point at runway 03.

The problem won't be with the flight plans, because the planes are taxiing and doing everything correctly to prepare for and go on their flight ... confirming the flight plan side of things is working correctly.

But, when they get to the hold short point, they cannot taxi on to the runway for takeoff. That will be an AFCAD thing.

So, as Ray says, are you using the Just Flight Traffic X version of the airfield AFCAD, or have you got another version of that airfield from somewhere else (ie, downloaded, or as part of a scenery package you may be using, etc)?
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 11:14pm
Harry,

congrats on your new machine - trust you are seeing a performance improvement.

Regarding your EGPK problem, are you using the Just Flight Traffic X version of the airfield layout or have you got a design from elsewhere? This is important to know before we can go too far with sorting your problem.

However I would suggest that you try getting your AI to go to any of the other runway take off positions and see what happens.

My guess at this stage is that the 03 end of the runway is missing the 'Start' position - this would prevent your aircraft from entering the runway in order to take off. AI could land etc however. If you have airfield design software, e.g. ADE, then I suggest you look for the 'Start position at Rwy 03.

Let us know how you are doing.

Ray
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pathfinder1` Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 6:30pm
I have got the new computer running, I set up traffic X on it, and I find I have a problem that I had on previous computer, I have contacted JF support, JF say read Manual   following is what I sent to JF,
I am having a problem getting flight plan aircraft to take of from Prestwick EGPK, aircraft get instructed to taxi and hold of runway 3, they get as far as runway3 and there they stand until the computer wipes them out, they do arrive at destination, and do the return journey to Prestwick and park, 173 flight plans ok, why just at EGPK.
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pathfinder1` Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 3:35pm
Thank you Freddy and RayM for advice, I have not completed new computer yet, still parts to get, my flight plans were created in traffic, I did not Know flight plans could be created in FSX, Maybe I am getting past it. Any way the computer I have is still running FSX ok, all 165 (as now) flights run, and park ok, I keep all airfields clear of all other traffic.
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 2:12pm
If we all stick together and give all of the help we can, we can all use TrafficX even with all of its faults. It does do a good job basically after all.
Only too pleased to be of assistance.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 7:49am
Hmmm. Yes, it is a good idea to do an INSTALL of Traffic X before copying all of the original Traffic X folders across to the new system. I cannot recall why I didn't mention it. I suppose I assumed it was a logical thing; kind of "implied". But, in hindsight, yeah, I probably should have mentioned it. So I agree with RayM's post here and suggest that Traffic X should indeed be installed first. After all, yes, you will need the registry entries to be correct. Come to think of it, by running the installer, you should get the SimObjects line put in to the FSX.cfg file by the install (so you can probably skip the second step from my post, except for merely checking that the appropriate entry is there).

And that's also a good suggestion from RayM about the "C:\Users\{username}\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\..." folder.

Good work RayM.
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2014 at 11:27am
With the greatest respect to Freddy, I suggest that just copying the original TrafficX folders across to the new system will not be sufficient as this does not add the TrafficX software to the System Registry (which is done automatically when you go through the 'Install' routine).
What I have done in the past is to do a new install of TrafficX when the new system is up and running with FSX. Then you can copy the original TrafficX folders across to the new installation so that your old TrafficX files are in the new TrafficX installation. (I assume that the old TrafficX was working OK - if not, this may not be a good idea though.)
Also, the 157 flight plans that you have are, presumably, not the TrafficX flight plans but ones that you have created in FSX. FSX flight plans are normally stored on your Primary drive in a location which will be named something like -

C:\Users\{username}\My Documents\Flight Simulator X files\...

Here you should see various types of file - .flt, .pln, .wx and others. You may want to copy this folder across from the old system to the new system.
Whilst I am talking about this, after installing FSX on your new system, you may also want to copy over the contents of another directory on the old Primary drive -

C:\Users\[{username}\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\...

This contains files for FSX that include your previous FSX configuration files - this would save you from having to go through the troubles of re-setting everything in the new FSX.

Hope this helps.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2014 at 1:28am
That's fair enough. Good luck.
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pathfinder1` Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 8:14am
Thank you freddy for your reply, I do not know if I will be up to following your instructions, but I think that if I can not follow your instructions, I would not be able to get it sorted, without a complete reload as you put thing down in a plain understandable way, I am ok with cleaning disks, and cloning them, I have spare drives with the flight drive cloned,
I have not yet got all the parts for the new computer,
Thank you Freddy,
    Harry.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 7:01am
After installing FSX and getting that all up and running, I think this should work:

1) Copy the JUST FLIGHT folder (the folder and all of its contents) from your old computer on to your new computer. This will take all the required files, plus your flight plans, and put them on to the new computer.

2) Edit the FSX.cfg file and find the SimObjects lines. Add a brand new SimObjectPaths.x line (after the other existing ones), where x is the next available number. The details you need are:

SimObjectPaths.x=SimObjects\TrafficX ... (replace the x with the next available number.)

3) Go to the "C:\...\Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery" folder on your old computer and locate the TrafficX.bgl file. This is the Traffic X AI traffic file. Copy that file to the new computer, in to the same folder.

Test. Done.

P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pathfinder1` Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 8:40am
Hi, I will soon be putting together a new computer, at the moment I have
Windows on one SSD and MFS Sim + traffic X and scenery on another SSD,
at the moment I have 157 flight plans, is there an easy way I can get traffic X on to a new computer, without having to reload the complete setup from scratch, I will set up one SSD with a new copy of windows 7,
I am ok with putting a computer together, and setting it up, but can it be done without having to reload the flight plans one at a time.
Harry.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic