This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 through 70
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DC-8 50 to 70 series bugs(model and texture)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drmagnumwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DC-8 50 to 70 series bugs(model and texture)
    Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 11:36pm
I'm going to use this thread as a way to submit the bugs more clearly to JustFlight support form, without making a mess of the message, so I'm just going to link this forum post to them.

This one has issues with the window lights reflecting/showing on the wings and the weird engine lighting too

Light and a small texturing problem on the belly of the plane, this is a DHL texture(red and white) from the original DC-8 50 and 70 series.

Light reflections missing on this small part of the wing of other Dc-8 models

Seems to be an error on the model of the DC-8-50 to 70 series, with the flaps going through the model  a little

Another angle of the same issue above

Same issue on the 50's series

And on the 60's series
Pockrtplanesairways View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pockrtplanesairways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2014 at 1:56am
Sad thing is this is just lazy workmanship, and I consider this spitting in the face of the DC-8.
drmagnumwolf View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drmagnumwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 8:31pm
Can someone from Just flight tell me if I should send another e-mail for support telling that I've updated this thread, or just a small bump with the new pictures is enough?

OCD flare ups here! haha

Rivets are missing on the engine pylon

Weird light/reflection/specular mapping

They(left wing) seem weirdly misaligned compared to the right wing

Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 9:27pm
I've sent this across to the DC-8 team.
alexcolka View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexcolka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 9:47pm
In the KLM DC-8-6x (don't remember exactly) the stretched one, the flaps textures are missing and the model is showing the flaps all black without the flap textures. Easy fix copy the flap textures from another repaint and paste it in that KLM texture folder, but would be nice to include this fix in the next patch.
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drmagnumwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Rich Rich wrote:

I've sent this across to the DC-8 team.

Thank you for the great support.Wink
Christoph4445 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christoph4445 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 10:20pm

I've done several flights now with various DC-8 models and I'm often having fun. However, I sincerely hope that the following issues can be sorted out to turn this DC-8 with potential into a great add-on:

- Fuel tanks and management: IMHO at the moment it is weird: e.g. the left FSX-fuel tank is engine No 2 main and the order bears no logic. So I often lose an engine due to lack of fuel. Therefore I can't use it on longer flights.
- Engine start up should work without CTRL Shift F4.
- GPS sometimes black: CTRL E is the remedy which should not be. (Battery is on)
-Visual: I love the engines on the 61 and older. However, the engines on the 62 and 63 are not as convincingly done; maybe it's just the textures? They don't look finished.

Thanks for listening to us and improving her.

Chris
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drmagnumwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 1:27am
The Engine of the -50's series, needs a bit of an update. I don't if it should be model only or texture only, or even both.
But it needs this extra "depth" or "depression" or angled on the reverses.

You can see what i mean over here

another example:

It also needs the extra ventilation or whatever is called port in front of the engine. I noticed that the model seems to be modelled correctly, but the Delta texture I'm currently being fixated on seems to be missing.

Another example

The OAT Gauge is showing the wrong information

Different shades of grey on the wings

Michel View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2014 at 2:40pm
Man,I am really bored with this DC-8. I bought it and i need to help the developers to set the correct parameters on the aircraft? So, lets explain. Tip 1. Man, no one auto-pilot over the world looses the HDG management when descending.Tip 2. Altitude reminders is set by 100ft at once and not 1 by 1 as we can find at this DC-8. Your support dont answer. Just automatic messages. Your Facebook page is announcing and selling this kind of Project?
sundowner View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sundowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 9:23am
Like with the Viscount the DC-8 should never have been launched!! It is not just a matter of re funding the client - it's the principle of sub standard products and support service.
Regards
Sundowner
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic