This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 through 70
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fuel Panel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jettrader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fuel Panel
    Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 12:47pm
Hello there,

I just modified the fuel panel texture according to the real panel looks. Now it's not just lines - that are pretty useless as displayed by the release version of the DC-8. The fuel panel now includes the original flow charts, including check-valve positions. Now let's see if the fuel panel also works according to the real logic. (This is WIP)

Why couldn't the authors of the DC-8 implent something like this in the release version if a super realistic panel is advertised.

Quote from the product website: 
  • Special programming code has been used to re-create the complex fuel storage and delivery systems for each engine - the authenticity is such that you can follow the procedures laid down in official flight manuals for setting up the fuel panels and levers for different situations and, of course, the correct engine start sequence. 

Regards
Johann
jdetrick View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdetrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 1:08pm
This was brought up along with a few other issues with the different versions.  Against my wishes the developers decided for simplicity sake to use a more generic layout for all the versions.  For what it's worth, I also lobbied hard for 71 and 72 series as well as freighter versions for all aircraft.
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 1:31pm
Unfortunately we are operating in a commercial environment and we have to work within those limitations. Although there is always room for improvement and there is always a wish list, to be honest I think that what we have supplied in the DC-8 50-70 pack is actually pretty decent (actually  good in my opinion) and excellent value for money.
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
Pockrtplanesairways View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pockrtplanesairways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 1:50am
Oh, it's sure as hell the most decent DC-8 ever, but we still would like the most we can get.
Jettrader View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jettrader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 11:53am
Originally posted by Scotty Scotty wrote:

Unfortunately we are operating in a commercial environment and we have to work within those limitations. Although there is always room for improvement and there is always a wish list, to be honest I think that what we have supplied in the DC-8 50-70 pack is actually pretty decent (actually  good in my opinion) and excellent value for money.

That is the thing: You are working in a commercial environment and are advertising things, that are not present, even though I PAID for them.

I again quote the product page:

• Special programming code has been used to re-create the complex fuel storage and delivery systems for each engine - the authenticity is such that you can follow the procedures laid down in official flight manuals for setting up the fuel panels and levers for different situations and, of course, the correct engine start sequence. 

I tried using an original DC-8-63 manual and it would in no way work, as it was supposed to work. I even discovered, that no matter what the lever position is, fuel would be fed to the engines from the center tank with the corresponding lever in the off position (I contacted support about this).

At this point, I have to say the behaviour of the developement team is very ignorant.
Things that were already mentioned / criticized for the -10 to -40 series have not been improved for this model, which is sad

Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Jettrader Jettrader wrote:

Originally posted by Scotty Scotty wrote:

That is the thing: You are working in a commercial environment and are advertising things, that are not present, even though I PAID for them.

I again quote the product page:

I tried using an original DC-8-63 manual and it would in no way work, as it was supposed to work. I even discovered, that no matter what the lever position is, fuel would be fed to the engines from the center tank with the corresponding lever in the off position (I contacted support about this).

At this point, I have to say the behaviour of the developement team is very ignorant.
Things that were already mentioned / criticized for the -10 to -40 series have not been improved for this model, which is sad

Jettrader. Please submit a tech support request ref the fuel flow issue. I will get the development team to look into it. We are very careful not to advertise something that is not correct (no good for anybody) so what we said should be happening. In the meantime if you are unhappy please contact us and request a refund. We do not want you or anybody unhappy with any of our products so if that is the case then we will offer you an exchange for another product or a refund - its your choice.
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
Jettrader View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jettrader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2014 at 8:53pm
Thanks for your reply Scotty, I already mentioned the issues I'm having to support. I'm not interested in a refund though - as there is no alternative chocie for a DC-8 for FSX...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic