This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 through 70
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DC-8 Expansion Pack/SP2 Upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pockrtplanesairways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DC-8 Expansion Pack/SP2 Upgrade
    Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 4:52am
The new DC-8 50 To 70 is lacking in models. I vote that in SP2/an expansion pack, they add the -61 and -62 freighter models, the full freighter for the -63, and the DC-8 -71 and -72 in Pax and Cargo form, and the -73 Pax model.
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 11:47am
What there is in the 50-70 pack is pretty extensive. There are no plans to extend it.
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
dubatm41 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubatm41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 5:29pm
It would be nice to see more Eastern Airlines , Delta in a -61 and a -71 for Delta and United.
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 5:30pm
There is a repaint kit available to it so I am sure that somebody out there will create a lot of extra liveries.
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
deeknow View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deeknow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 9:45am
Hey Scotty. The DC8 looks great and am looking forward to flying her.

Can you tell me though, I'm interested in the 50-70 model, does it require the 10-40 model as a base package or can we buy and install the 50-70 on its own?

Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't it answered in other forum posts or in the FAQ or product web page. Might be worth adding something on the latter for other prospective customers.
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 9:49am
Originally posted by deeknow deeknow wrote:

Can you tell me though, I'm interested in the 50-70 model, does it require the 10-40 model as a base package or can you install the 50-70 on its own?

Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't it answered in other forum posts or in the FAQ or product web page. Might be worth adding something on the latter for other prospective customers.

The 50-70 does not require the 10-40 pack. If it needed the 10-40 pack we would have put that in the specifications. We put in what any product requires in the requirements section, not what it does not require, but I appreciate your point Wink
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
deeknow View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deeknow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 9:52am
Awesome. Thanks for the prompt reply Scotty. I'm going in ..... :)
Pockrtplanesairways View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pockrtplanesairways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by deeknow deeknow wrote:

Can you tell me though, I'm interested in the 50-70 model, does it require the 10-40 model as a base package or can we buy and install the 50-70 on its own?

It would be cheaper. And the only one in the pack that i think would lean on the 10-40 is the DC-8-53/55F Jet Trader. The others have their own gauges. Excluding the early DC-8-61.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic