This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

P3DV2.x

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipeorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: P3DV2.x
    Posted: 21 Aug 2014 at 9:31am
Now that P3DV2.3 has been released are there any plans for a Traffic 360 P3DV2.x installer?
Golfnut View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Golfnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 12:29pm
I agree 100%. I am desperate to add a Traffic programme to my P3Dv2.2 set up but I do not wish to use the migration tool after reading some reports of it causing problems.
So it will be Traffic 360 or MyTraffic3D or UT2 whichever arrives first with an installer.
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 12:52pm
We will make it happen. Can't promise when but I'm going to get on the case.
Golfnut View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Golfnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 12:56pm
That would be great as Traffic 360 would be my preferred option.
pipeorgan View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipeorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 8:02pm
Same with me, Traffic 360 in P3DV2.x would be superb
freddielaker2 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddielaker2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 8:04pm
I cant understand how some people can say it works and some say it cant. its very annoying and then again what is the difference when you use the Estonian migration tool, I tried it, it did nothing what are we missing or what arent we doing? I followed the changes but on some scenery I have noticed some shadows but no aircraft - is there a problem in DX11 and P3dv2? I'm hoping for the fix anytime soon.
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 8:50pm
I don't think the migration tool will work as Traffic 360 does things like add another folder to the SimObjects folder that needs to registered in the FSX.cfg to take effect, or the P3D.cfg in this case. 
It's a case of modifying some of the tools and making a new installer. I've never used it, but I doubt any migration tool would be clever enough to pick up on that. 
You could probably get around the biggest problem with using the migrate tool by adding the following line to the P3D.cfg [main] section

SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Traffic360

This is just off the top of my head though, don't flame me if it doesn't work ;-)

I'm hoping to get Traffic 360 sorted out properly soon though. 
pipeorgan View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipeorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 11:26pm
"I'm hoping to get Traffic 360 sorted out properly soon though. "

That's excellent news as P3Dv2.3 desperately needs an AI Traffic package and I was very pleased with Traffic 360 with P3Dv1.4.
Golfnut View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Golfnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2014 at 7:46am
"I'm hoping to get Traffic 360 sorted out properly soon though. "

That is great news for me also.
Golfnut View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Golfnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2014 at 2:58pm
Rich - will this be a completely new version of Traffic 360 or simply a free installer/ upgrade to make the existing version install intoP3DV2.2?
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2014 at 3:29pm
Firstly it will just be a free update to make it work in P3Dv2. We are considering a bigger schedule/model/livery update to Traffic 360 though. 
Golfnut View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Golfnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2014 at 3:31pm
Thanks  Rich.
pipeorgan View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipeorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2014 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Rich Rich wrote:

Firstly it will just be a free update to make it work in P3Dv2. We are considering a bigger schedule/model/livery update to Traffic 360 though. 

Thank you for the update; interesting and exciting times ahead
privatepilot View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote privatepilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2014 at 3:09pm
Hi is there any update on this ?   

Reason for asking is that I can that it is possible to buy traffic 360 as a p3d product on flightsim store which seems to conflict with what is posted here?

thanks
wain View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2014 at 3:27pm
i think it works with v1.4   check at the just flight store for details...
Golfnut View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Golfnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2014 at 4:11pm
I have bought it and am patiently awaiting the P3DV2 installer that Rich has mentioned.
Golfnut View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Golfnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 10:03am
Any news on the P3Dv2 installer? - it has been 2+ months.
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 10:06am
No news at the moment. It's probably going to be something that happens after the Tornado has been released. 
wain View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 9:39am
If you use the simobjects line in earlier posts but use the number 9 it works for me. Installed without the migration tool. I have traffic and I have seen planes taxi and take off..seems to be less about compared to fsx but I read somewhere that you need slider set slightly higher in P3D.
Wayne
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic