This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Traffic 360 and fsx aircraft

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captsolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traffic 360 and fsx aircraft
    Posted: 15 Aug 2014 at 7:30pm
The ai traffic do not recognise my aircraft ( eg pmdg 737nx) .just loaded FSX at Sydney and there is a airbus 300 on the same stand as me.

Same happens when taxiing the ai go straight through my aircraft and don't stop
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2014 at 1:49am
I can confirm that AI planes do not recognise the PMDG 737. It happens to me to. And if you visit various forums, others have mentioned it as well. It's due to the way the PMDG 737 is essentially it's own program and effectively runs separately, "outside" the FSX simulation.

But, AI planes should indeed recognise the DEFAULT FSX planes.

There is another circumstance where AI planes might taxi through you or park at the same gate as you, and that is when you are using third party scenery or third party AFCADs (airports), either downloaded or purchased. If the scenery is not listed in the correct order in the FSX scenery library, or if there are two AFCADs for the same airport (duplicates) then you can have this problem. I've also noticed that some AFCADs are poorly designed and will use two taxi vector paths on the same taxiway to allow planes to taxi in from one area, but taxi out from a different area. Whilst this works and is very effective when AI are scarce, it doesn't work well when there's lots of AI because it can result in two planes being on the same taxiway ... but, because they are actually on different taxi vector paths, FSX doesn't recognise that there is another plane is on that same taxiway. This results in planes taxiing through you or through other AI planes.

In conclusion, if you're using downloaded or purchased airport AFCAD files then check to make sure you do not have two of the same airport loading/running at the same time, check your scenery order in FSX if you are using third party downloaded or purchased scenery, and simply just be aware that AI planes don't recognise the PMDG 737 anyway.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic