This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Real World Aviation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where has everyone gone?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 8:59pm
At least you've all emerged from the woodwork.  Nice to know there are still people out there.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Matt N Matt N wrote:

Just Flight is still top the list on my favorites bar. Just need to wipe the dust off. Big smile

EDIT: Just seen my signature. LOL Martin - You still into that stuff?

Well, not so much knickers anymore.

I now have a very big, in fact massive, Seasonic 1050 watt PSU. As you would expect, the velvet bag that came with it is equally huge... so I use it for my spare 42G cup bras.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by chrisy chrisy wrote:

At least you've all emerged from the woodwork.  Nice to know there are still people out there.

I was beginning to think it was like The Walking Dead, and that the "walkers" had got them all.

New series coming soon!

Ages to wait for Game of Thrones though. GRRR!!!!!
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2014 at 9:04pm
I can confirm that I am still alive.  My interest in aviation remains but unfortunately my interest in all things simulation waned somewhat.  I think I joined in 2009?  Some years back anyhow, and yes I remember it being more lively, but I guess I have my share of the responsibility for that because I'm seldom about on the forum these days.

Good to see some familiar names on this thread, though!

-Chris
Generic forum signature
ShrewsburyFC View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShrewsburyFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2014 at 12:47pm
Im still here also! I mainly post over on Mutleys Hanger forum now though, that place is full of interesting posts & people!

As for Flight Simulations death I would agree with you it is becoming side lined. I think the main problem is that you can not simply plug in & play now a days because the program (FSX) is becoming so old!!!! FSX for example, im pretty sure the majority of users who use it have had to tweak something on the FSX config, or installations for example, REX 2.0 with overdrive and essentials is an extremely complex installation procedure and a lot of people don't have the time / patience to do it.

I am hoping that when dovetail games produce the next generation of Flight Sim that they will start fresh, I think using Steam as the host platform would be an excellent move as a lot of young people use that and would hopefully invite new people into the simulation genre.

PS Im now a Private Pilot.

Cheers,

Sam
Christopher Low View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christopher Low Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2014 at 8:20pm
I am rather surprised that there are no posts about the recent Cosford 2014 Flightsim Show on this forum. If we want to encourage more people to join the flightsim community, then we need to advertise! Cosford 2014 was my first ever flightsim show, and I loved it. I spoke to a handful of the Just Flight guys, and met several other members of the Mutley's Hangar forum. I will definitely be purchasing a ticket for the 2015 Show as soon as they are available! Thumbs Up
hifly View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2014 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by Christopher Low Christopher Low wrote:

I am rather surprised that there are no posts about the recent Cosford 2014 Flightsim Show on this forum. If we want to encourage more people to join the flightsim community, then we need to advertise! Cosford 2014 was my first ever flightsim show, and I loved it. I spoke to a handful of the Just Flight guys, and met several other members of the Mutley's Hangar forum. I will definitely be purchasing a ticket for the 2015 Show as soon as they are available! Thumbs Up

Hi Sam and Chris, yes I was hoping to see some coverage of the show here especially as I couldn't get there this year. By all accounts it was bigger and better than 2013 and hopefully the exhibitors found it worth their while. Here's looking forward to 2015.

Chris, Sam, see you over on Mutley's.
Must Fly!
wain View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 7:48am
Had a good day at Cosford, had an email from JF saying how good it was, thanks for coming and go look at these pics. Seemed busy there, spent too much money and had a good look around the museum....
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 7:53am
It was good to see a few of you there, albeit all too briefly due to rushing around all day sorting this and that.
Next year we'll have to sort a proper forum get together at the show so we can all put faces to names. I'll bring the coffee and biscuits.
wain View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 5:16pm
chocolate ones though.......
Deltahotel View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deltahotel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Rich Rich wrote:

It was good to see a few of you there, albeit all too briefly due to rushing around all day sorting this and that.
Next year we'll have to sort a proper forum get together at the show so we can all put faces to names. I'll bring the coffee and biscuits.

Well I think that's a good idea Rich.

Did I see a pic of some kind of presentation/talk going on - how did I miss that?

... and how dare you not be there hifly??

DH
Dave H
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christopher Low Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 10:19pm
There were two presentations, Dave. The first one (at 11:30 AM) was about X-Plane, and the second (at 2:30 PM, which I attended) was the Quality Wings guys talking about the upcoming 787, and also their design philosophy. Both of these were in the auditorium in the main museum building (the one with the V Bomber trio, and two separate levels).
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deltahotel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2014 at 10:37am
Ok thanks Chris. I must have been blind to have missed that.
It is/was a good show - great opportunity to talk to some of the experts.
And just to encourage the exhibitors - even if you don't sell something at the show, there must be many
later spin-offs ... I was certainly able to decide what will be my replacement PC build.

Now .... do I stay with FSX or go P3d - or wait and see when I get the new PC ???
Dave H
wain View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2014 at 1:55pm
Deltahotel said-Now .... do I stay with FSX or go P3d - or wait and see when I get the new PC ???

why choose, keep fsx and get P3D, keep fsx while P3D is still developing, it is limited by the available addons, as good as P3D looks it still requires some addons that just are not available yet....
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christopher Low Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2014 at 7:23pm
Dave,

I had to ask someone where the presentations were being held, because I didn't have a clue at first. By the way, were any of you guys in the foyer between the two sets of automatic doors before the show officially opened? I was speaking to two guys in there, and I would love to be able to make contact with them again. We had a very interesting conversation!

P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deltahotel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2014 at 11:24am
Originally posted by Christopher Low Christopher Low wrote:

Dave,

By the way, were any of you guys in the foyer between the two sets of automatic doors before the show officially opened?

Not me Chris - still caught down south in torrential rain at that time.
See you next year though ...
Dave H
wain View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2014 at 4:41pm
not me either, I was still coming up the motorway in the rain too.....
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2014 at 5:19pm
Maybe give the Facebook page a try - https://www.facebook.com/FlightSim2014?ref=bookmarks 
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christopher Low Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2014 at 6:46pm
Are there any more photos of the show, Rich? I notice that the one on the Facebook page that I click on to access the show website is not part of the list. Even better.....I am in it!
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2014 at 9:14pm
Still here as well...not really on flight simulator as much now, I'm now a flight instructor so I get to fly almost everyday in a real aircraft which is great.  I still go on flight sim occasionally though and still often check on the JF forum but as everyone else has said, it's so quite on here now! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic