This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pausing simulator Mid Flight

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63speed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pausing simulator Mid Flight
    Posted: 02 Aug 2014 at 4:24am
Hello I am new to AH and I was wondering if there was a way I can load a flight that is in progress. Recently I was flying and the simulator froze while turning on to final approach. I ended up having to re do the whole flight which was very frustrating.

Please help.
Thanks
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2014 at 5:11am
AH does have a built-in save function but invoking it will terminate AH and when you re-open you'll be given no option other than to load the saved flight and continue from where you were when you saved.  It's set up that way to prevent saving before a difficult or hazardous situation, giving it a try and if you fail, reloading the saved flight and having another go at it.  AH's save prevents that.  

It's really of no use in recovering from a FS crash.

The best way I'm aware of is AutoSave; that's built into FSUIPC, which you already have.  In FS9, AutoSave is free and is part of the unregistered product.  In FSX you must pay and register to unlock that feature and use it.  

What AutoSave does is save your FS position at 1 minute intervals, keeping the most recent ten save files.  Each new one pushes the oldest one off the table so the impact on drive space is kept small.  If FS crashes, you can restart FS and reload from whichever of the ten AutoSave files you wish to.  

The only issue is that this only works if AH keeps running.  If you're dealing with an FS crash or freeze-up you're fine.  If AH or the whole computer folds its tent, you're screwed. 
John Allard
brettxw View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brettxw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2014 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by allardjd allardjd wrote:

AH does have a built-in save function but invoking it will terminate AH and when you re-open you'll be given no option other than to load the saved flight and continue from where you were when you saved.  It's set up that way to prevent saving before a difficult or hazardous situation, giving it a try and if you fail, reloading the saved flight and having another go at it.  AH's save prevents that.  

It's really of no use in recovering from a FS crash.

The best way I'm aware of is AutoSave; that's built into FSUIPC, which you already have.  In FS9, AutoSave is free and is part of the unregistered product.  In FSX you must pay and register to unlock that feature and use it.  

What AutoSave does is save your FS position at 1 minute intervals, keeping the most recent ten save files.  Each new one pushes the oldest one off the table so the impact on drive space is kept small.  If FS crashes, you can restart FS and reload from whichever of the ten AutoSave files you wish to.  

The only issue is that this only works if AH keeps running.  If you're dealing with an FS crash or freeze-up you're fine.  If AH or the whole computer folds its tent, you're screwed. 

How do in enable this autosave?
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2014 at 10:21pm
Look for the FSUIPC manual, filename "FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf".  

Mine is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC Documents
John Allard
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic